Very quietly Ceci is actually playing very good for us.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I just hope he gets better as he goes and plays well.

Captain Morgan must be on a bender this year because he is definitely not on a rip ha,so not blaming Ceci for his problems is likely fairer ;)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He’s not quietly doing well. He was loudly failing and seems to have been demoted to a suitable place in the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wafflewhipper

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He’s not quietly doing well. He was loudly failing and seems to have been demoted to a suitable place in the lineup.

who do you think is failing more: Tyson Barrie or Cody Ceci...? And Why??

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
He's still Ceci. He's been on 3rd pairing for a few games and that is where he needs to stay.

The guy was miscast in Ottawa, forced to play top 2 minutes with Morgan and I would imagine his confidence is probably about as low as it can get.

Leave him on 3rd pairing, hope someone see something in him and will take him and his cap hit far away from this team.

And who would you replace him with that is a better option?

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I speculated a change of putting Barrie with Reilly and having Muzzin or Dermott do the shutdown minutes with Ceci would be a good move. They are doing it, and the last two games it has seemed to work well. Moving Reilly away from the hard assignments has helped his gameand giving Ceci a decent defensively oriented partner on the other side has helped. Despite the 20% O zone start for Ceci/Dermott they have been on for no goals against and 2 for. Reilly and Barrie have been on for 2 against (pretty close to their average) and 3 for, so that seems to be working.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Not a fan of ceci when he played for ottawa, still not a fan now.

Seems like almost all of dubas' trades have been poor value for us.

PromoterDave

Apr 22, 2016
Toronto
Ceci has been fine. Tyson Barrie, Kapanen, Spezza, Kerfoot need to go. Spending too much of our cap on them for their poor play. We need a backup goalie and better defensive players

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I would not blink a eye if they traded Ceci and sad to say but there are many more. Morgan Reilly needs to realize he is our best defenseman soon to and stop being so passive, we need him

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He’s a borderline NHLer with a $4.5 mil cap hit. Holl is a borderline NHLer himself, and is better than Ceci.

Ceci has a decent point shot, and is big, but that’s about all I like about him. Only moderately physical, poor puck mover, poor skater. Not good defensively - poor positioning, poor gap control, failed to see high danger opportunities developing.

He’s a serviceable 6/7 D, but that’s it. We’ll replace him with Liljegren next year for a fraction of the cost.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
This is probably not going to be a popular opinion (though I can't see why) but...

The CECI for C? CECI the C! Take it off Johnny T and give CECI the C!!!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The eye test and experience and nuance knowledge of your sport of choice is unfortunately becoming a lost art and ability . It seems to be clouded over today by numbers , analytics and video gaming approaches
I just think brains aren't developing the way they use to. When you have people claiming that Marner was floating last night, you certainly cant blame all of it on CTE or something. Occam's razor says that it is likely that people are plain dumb.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad