When will Podz join the Canucks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Nucks did well to get the Sputnik Rocket and the Nils "the Thrills" Hoglander in the same draft considering many were calling for the Nucks to take Caufield in the 1st round.

I also think Nils will be an elite penalty killer soon.
Maybe when we get an NHL coach he will become a PKer

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Just because Hogs has made the NHL transition superbly, doesn't mean Podz will. TBD... forget the draft positions. Hogs has more elite level offensive skill and skating. His size is so far a non-issue because of his balance and strength.

I think Podz will be a very important player though. Kind of a glue/leader type. And his strength and size will come in handy in the Ploffs.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Inside the beginning of the Canucks' big Nils Hoglander bet

"Ultimately it was Benning himself who pushed in amateur meetings after Day 1 of the draft to move Hoglander up the draft list prior to Day 2. His argument was that the organization was too high on Hoglander’s game, character and ceiling to have him below a player based on position need.
Hoglander was moved ahead of the higher-rated defenceman. He was the player they were hoping would be available at 40th overall."

I still hate Jim, but good on him for this one.

Thanks for finding evidences

@Nosskire ot Elgaeb here is the evidence. Before you indirectly called someone a liar, maybe do some research before you start doing that. Thanks, have a great day.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Just because Hogs has made the NHL transition superbly, doesn't mean Podz will. TBD... forget the draft positions. Hogs has more elite level offensive skill and skating. His size is so far a non-issue because of his balance and strength.

I think Podz will be a very important player though. Kind of a glue/leader type. And his strength and size will come in handy in the Ploffs.

Hoglander is definitely a more valuable asset than Podkolzin at this point, but I'd be surprised with his physical tools that Vasili doesn't come in at least looking like a competent checking winger - a very high floor player.

Reactions: Grantham

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

I'm fairly bullish on him making the team next year and having just as much of an impact as Hogs. His most valuable asset is his knack for winning puck battles and gaining possession on both ends of the rink. That's incredibly useful to have in the top 6 and there will be room for him there with Pearson's departure.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I'm fairly bullish on him making the team next year and having just as much of an impact as Hogs. His most valuable asset is his knack for winning puck battles and gaining possession on both ends of the rink. That's incredibly useful to have in the top 6 and there will be room for him there with Pearson's departure.
imagine winning a puck battle on the boards against Vegas...

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Inside the beginning of the Canucks' big Nils Hoglander bet

"Ultimately it was Benning himself who pushed in amateur meetings after Day 1 of the draft to move Hoglander up the draft list prior to Day 2. His argument was that the organization was too high on Hoglander’s game, character and ceiling to have him below a player based on position need.
Hoglander was moved ahead of the higher-rated defenceman. He was the player they were hoping would be available at 40th overall."

I still hate Jim, but good on him for this one.
Thanks for the source. In my books that locks in the alternative, higher ranked dman pick as Korczak since the other rumour was that it was a WHL dman and Vlasic is USHL. Good to know, it'll be fun to track the two.

I hope we hold off on burning an ELC year for Pod. There's no value in it this year and we're going to need that extra year, it'll be mid contention window hopefully.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Seeing how Brakket and even Head Bozo was on board with the Hog pick, NOTHING contradicts what I implied, so hopefully those that did will aknowlge it. BE DIRECT

Man I hate passive aggressivism :yo:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yikes, hopefully that's not a concussion which would suck, especially with his play style.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Really sucks
Wasn’t he playing well in the past month? Stringing together some point streaks, playing in the top 6

It’s like 1 step forward then 3 steps back lately with this organizations luck.

Reactions: bh53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad