Prospect Info: Vasili Podkolzin Pt. IIII

When will Podz join the Canucks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Last one at 1000 posts which means time for a new thread for the guy. Pickin it up, starting to really progressing nicely, lets hope it continues and we may seem him in a couple a months. Like the last thread will post the KEY posts from the PREVIOUS Podz thread. People liked that idea:

great thread

Heres a link to the thread ITSELF:

Prospect Info: - Vasili Podkolzin, Pt. III

That's brilliant !!
the world juniors are so funny lmao
What does that have to do with what I said?
FAIR enough, good CHAP.
If you'd like to make a qualitative statement about that, I'd be interested to hear it.
Right call but good play
Ok who is gonna cost TOY.RU with me let’s go!!!!!
Fantastic crossing of username and post content
Baertschi has been serving his purpose in the AHL......
I just want to hold some water.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Last one at 1000 posts which means time for a new thread for the guy. Pickin it up, starting to really progressing nicely, lets hope it continues and we may seem him in a couple a months. Like the last thread will post the KEY posts from the PREVIOUS Podz thread. People liked that idea:

Heres a link to the thread ITSELF:

Prospect Info: - Vasili Podkolzin, Pt. III

I LOVE THIS PLAYER :yo:

I LOVE THIS TEAM :yo:

5F2F18D4-542D-4FAC-97EE-25224B39E3B7.gif

dedutchhockey

Dec 30, 2020
Podz will be playing for Team Russia next week in the 3rd leg of the European Hockey Tour.

Beijer Hockey Games feb 8-12

Podz led Russia to the Karjala cup victory in the 1st left. Then missed the 2nd leg as he was with the WJC.

despite that l, Podz is tied for scoring in tournament w. 5 points in 3 games thus far.
1DB6FC83-5B11-430D-B68C-34698949AE34.png

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
My goal for 2021 is to make a post in the Podkolzin thread that when we hit a 1000 posts mine will be selected as a highlight and will be listed amongst the greats when we begin the next thread

wish me luck gentleman

( also quietly hoping this sparks intense debate and petty arguments )

Reactions: Luckylarry

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
What's stopping Vasili from making the team? Contract issues between the KHL and NHL? He was drafted ahead of Hoglander so it makes sense he makes the team
?

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
What's stopping Vasili from making the team? Contract issues between the KHL and NHL? He was drafted ahead of Hoglander so it makes sense he makes the team
?

KHL drafted prospects can't sign with their NHL teams until their KHL contracts expire. Podkolzin's contract expires on Apirl 30th, so he can't sign with the Canucks until then (Unless SKA gets eliminated early, and allows him to sign early...which is unlikely). Then there's a clause in his KHL contract that forces him to play for the National team of selected, so if the IIHF World Championships happen this spring...Podkolzin can't sign until hockey Russia releases him.

TLDR - Podkolzin can sign April 30th at the earliest.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Holy crap is Podzilla ever fast! He’s definitely caught up to that three inch growth spurt.

Reactions: Deezone

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Really can't understand the general consensus from some draft 'experts' after he was drafted, that Podkolzin needed to improve his skating......every time I've seen him skate it seems like he's shot out of a cannon. And his turns and lateral agility seem above average to me as well.

I guess the proof will be when he arrives in the NHL.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Really can't understand the general consensus from some draft 'experts' after he was drafted, that Podkolzin needed to improve his skating......every time I've seen him skate it seems like he's shot out of a cannon. And his turns and lateral agility seem above average to me as well.

I guess the proof will be when he arrives in the NHL.
The NHL is faster than the KHL, everyone who watches both leagues says the same thing. Gillis mentioned it when he was GM here. It’s why so many fringe NHL’ers that leave the league end up as star or high end players in the KHL

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
So, the Russian Federation decides to throw a loop into things for us Canuck fans... Pod is picked to represent Russia in the Worlds this year if they happen. Quite an achievement for the young man, but it would mean he doesn't come to Vancouver April 30 if the tourney goes off.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Fat chance the tournament will happen in Europe come April with the UK strain set to take over in the horizon.

Deezone

Nov 10, 2020
So, the Russian Federation decides to throw a loop into things for us Canuck fans... Pod is picked to represent Russia in the Worlds this year if they happen. Quite an achievement for the young man, but it would mean he doesn't come to Vancouver April 30 if the tourney goes off.

Podkolzin was selected for Team Russia at the Euro Tour in Sweden between the 11th and 14th of February...not sure if that means he"ll get the nod for Worlds in May/June.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Podkolzin was selected for Team Russia at the Euro Tour in Sweden between the 11th and 14th of February...not sure if that means he"ll get the nod for Worlds in May/June.

Looks like it per chris faber. Not worried, no point bringing him over this year. We are a pretty terrible team so why even have him around that atmosphere. Will likely be garbage games too by the end of the season.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Fat chance the tournament will happen in Europe come April with the UK strain set to take over in the horizon.

Looks like it per chris faber. Not worried, no point bringing him over this year. We are a pretty terrible team so why even have him around that atmosphere. Will likely be garbage games too by the end of the season.

Podkolzin has NOT been selected for the World Championships. Nobody has yet. Everything is still up in the air, as evidenced by the team Russia is sending to the Sweden Games.
The team is comprised of youngsters, most (if not all) of whom have no chance at the WC. Rotenberg also handed over the coaching duties to WJC coach Larionov for the games.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess the IIHF can try to hold the 2021 World Hockey Championships in Latvia, Lithuania, Timbuktu, Moldavia or Isle of Wright, but I just can't see it happening. Not a single NHL player will be freed up to travel, so the tournament will be nothing more than a glorified Spengler Cup Championship.

But given that the Canucks look like they're heading down the road towards a train-wreck season, maybe the best thing for Podkolzin is to finish his KHL career and play in the World Championships even if it's watered down.

Plenty of time then to get him into training camp for next season.

Reactions: lindgren

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I guess the IIHF can try to hold the 2021 World Hockey Championships in Latvia, Lithuania, Timbuktu, Moldavia or Isle of Wright, but I just can't see it happening. Not a single NHL player will be freed up to travel, so the tournament will be nothing more than a glorified Spengler Cup Championship.

But given that the Canucks look like they're heading down the road towards a train-wreck season, maybe the best thing for Podkolzin is to finish his KHL career and play in the World Championships even if it's watered down.

Plenty of time then to get him into training camp for next season.

from a contract perspective Podkolzin playing this year does not make sense

let’s not burn a year or ELC on a contract when we won’t be in the playoffs

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
When Podkolzin is on, his work ethic and relentless play energizes the team. He's like a bigger, more skilled, Tyler Motte except Podz can be in the top 6.

He's a player that tries to be the difference maker in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->