Prospect Info: Vasili Podkolzin Pt. IIII

When will Podz join the Canucks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
My take is proclaiming he is done for the year is moronic. Every concussion is different. He could be gone for a few days or a year: and there you have it, Rick D tweeted that he is fine and will be back in a week.

Wait a minute. A radio guy diagnosed his recovery to a week within minutes of a brain injury? Awesome.

Reactions: bh53

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
My take is proclaiming he is done for the year is moronic. Every concussion is different. He could be gone for a few days or a year: and there you have it, Rick D tweeted that he is fine and will be back in a week.
Looked to me like a broken nose. LIKELY GOT his bell rung too.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Return to the game?? He couldn’t stand on his feet. Are you kidding?
Did you see Patrick MAholmes get whacked a couple weeks back. He was back in a few days. Every head shot I see different. Pods get hit in the nose. He will be back soon enough. I’d prefer he doesn’t play anymore over there though, and comes here May 1.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The only worrisome part is his wobbly legs, let’s hope this is just a one off and he doesn’t turn into a marshmallow head like Ferland

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
If this is a severe concussion (which it very well could do) the absolute worst thing they could do is play Podkolzin in meaningless regular season games.

having had a lot of concussions myself, i can confidently say, you absolutely cannot predict their severity or how one should approach the recovery within 24 hours of the accident. or even days, or weeks for that matter. it's the real wild card of injuries.

saying "he should sit out until next training camp" is def a leap.

i had one where i was back at it a week later, and another that took years and rehab to get over. no transparent rhyme or reason. it bodes well he doesn't have a history of them. that's it.

Reactions: mossey3535

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
having had a lot of concussions myself, i can confidently say, you absolutely cannot predict their severity or how one should approach the recovery within 24 hours of the accident. or even days, or weeks for that matter. it's the real wild card of injuries.

saying "he should sit out until next training camp" is def a leap.

i had one where i was back at it a week later, and another that took years and rehab to get over. no transparent rhyme or reason. it bodes well he doesn't have a history of them. that's it.
Yes.

They are not injuries in the traditional sense where even at the best of times you are given a range of recovery times dependent and many variables.

Concussions are a whole separate type of injury.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
The only worrisome part is his wobbly legs, let’s hope this is just a one off and he doesn’t turn into a marshmallow head like Ferland
I dont know that wobbly legs really indicate potential long term severity which is the concern.

Different things are happening with head trauma.

Its entirely possible to have server long term concussion symptoms after not really being aware of even having a concussion.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Looked really BAD, hope is not true itll be all season but if it is best he might as well rest until training camp. Im fine with that tho it sucks ass

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Good god. The only potential NHL prospect we have ... literally the only one .... with a big concussion. He plays a game that is not catered to playing hesitant. This is terrible.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
SKA’s president said he will rest for three days and be back. He is feeling much better. Or go ahead and panic and assume his career is over. Choice is yours

I said his career was over??? Nope. I just said, let’s wait more than an hour after a guy can’t even stand his brain was rattled so hard to say he’s back in a week. For any non doctor to say this, like the president of SKA is irresponsible.

Reactions: BMann

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Let's wait til we hear from a professional before "the sky is falling" chants start again. He got hit hard, and will be out for a while. Period. And it sure as hell isn't likely to affect the canucks.

I doubt he misses two weeks, which means he still has Mar and Apr in KHL.

Hope we get to see him playing here in May at some point.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
Let's wait til we hear from a professional before "the sky is falling" chants start again. He got hit hard, and will be out for a while. Period. And it sure as hell isn't likely to affect the canucks.

I doubt he misses two weeks, which means he still has Mar and Apr in KHL.

Hope we get to see him playing here in May at some point.

The comment from SKA's president suggests he feels fine and the 3-day timeline is out of caution. This is about as positive of an early report that you can get.

I do hope that he does not play for the Canucks this year. We can't be wasting ELC years on a team in cap hell.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
The comment from SKA's president suggests he feels fine and the 3-day timeline is out of caution. This is about as positive of an early report that you can get.

I do hope that he does not play for the Canucks this year. We can't be wasting ELC years on a team in cap hell.
Yeah Id be taking anything said out of the KHL with massive grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad