When will Podz join the Canucks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'm extremely late to this but I don't think Podkolzin's puck distribution skills are good enough to be a top 6 center.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'm extremely late to this but I don't think Podkolzin's puck distribution skills are good enough to be a top 6 center.
Starting to become clearer that is whatll happen Jo, maybe bottom 6 mucker who unfortunately cant rip the puck that well

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You might not be far off.....His junior coach Igor Larianov compared him to Mark Messier, at least in the way he plays. Canucks will probably start Podkolzin on the wing, but if he skates well enough and can pick up the defensive assignments, maybe he gets shifted into the middle.

He's certainly adept at making players around him better.....as evidenced by his play at the WJHC in Edmonton. Guys who can shift from the wing to the middle and back again, are an invaluable commodity.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
You might not be far off.....His junior coach Igor Larianov compared him to Mark Messier, at least in the way he plays. Canucks will probably start Podkolzin on the wing, but if he skates well enough and can pick up the defensive assignments, maybe he gets shifted into the middle.

He's certainly adept at making players around him better.....as evidenced by his play at the WJHC in Edmonton. Guys who can shift from the wing to the middle and back again, are an invaluable commodity.

Being petty, but in fact its a valuable commodity.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Right back at you....the dictionary definition of 'invaluable' is 'extremely useful-indispensable'.....which would describe Podkolzin exactly if they could ever move him to center.

I know. Like irregardless means regardless, etc. And inflammable means flammable.

And like a commentator is actually just a commenter. As I said, i was being trivial.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Right back at you....the dictionary definition of 'invaluable' is 'extremely useful-indispensable'.....which would describe Podkolzin exactly if they could ever move him to center.
Lind is paying centre.
Love to see Podzilla play centre too.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lind is paying centre.
Love to see Podzilla play centre too.
You're absolutely correct....imagine how much of a 'game-changer' it would be if both Lind and Podkolzin could successfully transition to center? Still a bit of a longshot....but if it ever worked it would give the Canucks the best quartet of young center icemen in the entire league.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I know. Like irregardless means regardless, etc. And inflammable means flammable.

And like a commentator is actually just a commenter. As I said, i was being trivial.

They're not really the same thing though because invaluable has meaning beyond valuable, unlike inflammable and flammable or regardless and irregardless (which was always just a misspeak, but has become so common to recently enter the dictionary). Invaluable is similar to priceless, in that it suggests something is so valuable it cannot be fully quantified.

Reactions: B-rock and lindgren

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You're absolutely correct....imagine how much of a 'game-changer' it would be if both Lind and Podkolzin could successfully transition to center? Still a bit of a longshot....but if it ever worked it would give the Canucks the best quartet of young center icemen in the entire league.
I like that both Lind and Podzilla both play with a bit of an edge. Larionov did say Pods reminded him of a young Mark Messier. Big, skilled, fast, and mean is a dynamite player at centre.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Well he is named after a nerdy kid who touches tips with an alien.

that boy showed great resilience against oppressive government men, he stood up for what he believed to be right and risk it all for friendship

YOU GET HIS NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!!!

but you are right, that kid was a total dork through and through

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Where is this Podkolzin at center talk coming from? Is this fan speculation or does it have some basis?
Why not, hard on the puck, good passer, not the best shot, plays C like a dog eating a bowl a food

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why not, hard on the puck, good passer, not the best shot, plays C like a dog eating a bowl a food

So is it just based on that? Or has he been tried at center in the KHL or something?

Podkolzin is a good forechecker, he’ll lose much of that if he were to convert. I’d be okay with it, if it works, we need a 3C badly.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So is it just based on that? Or has he been tried at center in the KHL or something?

Podkolzin is a good forechecker, he’ll lose much of that if he were to convert. I’d be okay with it, if it works, we need a 3C badly.
I think the Lindy boy at 3C would be IDEAL in a few years:

Hoggy Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Podz
Kunz Lindy-Boy Gaudette
XX-XX-Eriksson

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

Hoggy Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Podz
Kunz Lindy-Boy Gaudette
XX-XX-Eriksson

I don’t think Lind will ever be an NHL player, it’s a complete long shot. I sure hope that isn’t our line up in a few years.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think all the talk about Podkolzin and the center ice position might have stemmed from the comments of Igor Larionov comparing him to a 'young Mark Messier' the way the plays with an edge. Both Messier and Larionov of course were natural centers.

But I doubt the Canucks would ever shift him to the middle---at least not right away. It'll be tough enough for him to transition to the NHL in his natural position of winger.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009

Hoggy Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Podz
Kunz Lindy-Boy Gaudette
XX-XX-Eriksson
Seeing Eriksson there gave me a good lol. He's gone forever at the end of next year, or sooner...finally. I feel like he's been here for about 15 years already!

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Podkolzin already has a lot to deal if he comes over. For one he has to try to adjust to a new league and team. Secondly, he has to adjust to a new culture while leaving his family and friends behind. Transitioning him to centre is unnecessary and could be detrimental to his growth as a player. Just because we need a third C doesn't mean we should force him to be a centre. Its like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Podkolzin already has a lot to deal if he comes over. For one he has to try to adjust to a new league and team. Secondly, he has to adjust to a new culture while leaving his family and friends behind. Transitioning him to centre is unnecessary and could be detrimental to his growth as a player. Just because we need a third C doesn't mean we should force him to be a centre. Its like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

This is the Canucks mate. We need to try everything we can to derail our prospects development. Otherwise what else are they good for? Trading for impending UFAs?

Reactions: VIPettersson

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Shouldnt be THAT tough, i remember when i was still a kid I had to move from Tsawwassen to West Van. Then only a few years later to Kerrisdale. Not exactly the samething but hes even older. Its not easy but ya gotta figure out how to ajust and he will be paid MILLIONS of dollars so he better learn :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad