Denver Post: Varlamov turns himself in to police *Read Mod Warning Post 23 & 275*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Class 4 felony is very low. They should release him and he'll have a court date. The issue is does the NHL have a personal conduct policy?

I don't recall Roy being suspended for his accusations. But I can't remember if that was off-season or not and he wasn't convicted. If it was during the season he probably won't get NHL discipline until he's convicted which could take months

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I love "Kidnapping" being thrown around when nobody knows what it actually means.

When you hear someone say kidnapping, you think about someone grabbing a kid from a park. Such negative connotation, for something that doesn't always mean ANYTHING like that.

But that word is going to be thrown around with no context now.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Could this be a scenario that fits those charges (I know we said no speculating)

He and his g/f are at a halloween party and their ride to leave arrives. She wants to stay, he wants to go and he grabs her by the arm and forces her into the car and they leave.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Speculating: the girl could have gone to the cops and showed a bruise on her arm saying he pushed her from one room to another. He needs to get Harvey on the phone (the magical broncos lawyer)

More like magical all Denver athletes lawyer.

He got Ty Lawson off from his domestic violence arrest last month.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No idea what to think right now.

I mean, Varly was at the Avs practice today, and Roy even mentioned in his Presser that he was smiling and in good spirits etc.

Now this....

Seems fishy to me. I'm really hoping its false accusations. Giggy needs to be prepared.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Could this be a scenario that fits those charges (I know we said no speculating)

He and his g/f are at a halloween party and their ride to leave arrives. She wants to stay, he wants to go and he grabs her by the arm and forces her into the car and they leave.

Yes if she had an injury from the grab. I'd guess there was an argument involved at very least.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't recall Roy being suspended for his accusations. But I can't remember if that was off-season or not and he wasn't convicted. If it was during the season he probably won't get NHL discipline until he's convicted which could take months

Wikipedia says he got arrested on the 22nd of October in 2000.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm going to reserve judgement until we know more about what actually happened...but wow.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Maybe I'm desensitized from all the Broncos arrests but this is very bad and serious but ultimately should get cleared up. His lawyers will work for months on this. It will take months for a conviction, if there is any. Only thing I don't know if the NHL has some sort of policy but they would probably wait for a conviction.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
By the charges alone, it seems no one got seriously hurt. That's at least a silver lining here.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Any chance he's starting our next game or is it definitely gonna be Giguere? I guess if they call up Aitokallio then we'd know.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Drunken misjudgment makes her call the cops. Charges dropped a day later.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Wikipedia says he got arrested on the 22nd of October in 2000.

And he never got suspended, right? So I'd assume the NHL will see Varly as innocent until proven guilty just like the law should? Not that it would be a good idea to play Varly with that emotional stress anyways. He's already kind of a headcase when it comes to letting mental stuff affect his play

(RL I hope it's okay to bring Roy up like this. It's the only similar situation I recall and I'm unfamiliar with the NHL policies so I'm trying to draw conclusions using that situation)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I wonder how many games he misses because of this. And does he come back weak or strong or he'll be the same goalie he has been so far.

so many questions.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Giguere is scheduled to start anyways.

Nope Varly was starting on Friday against Dallas.

EDIT: And oh boy. Not what was needed now that he's playing awesome. Hopefully nothing serious has happened to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad