Denver Post: Varlamov turns himself in to police *Read Mod Warning Post 23 & 275*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If the victim and victims lawyer is doing media this week, crazy girlfriend theory doesn't sound outlandish.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Varlamov is at the top of the trending pile on Twitter.

Not all publicity is good publicity.

And regarding Varly's mental state:
I think it all depends how guilty he is. I'd assume if he is guilty it will affect him more than if he's not so it is quite stupid to speculate until we know more.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
If the victim and victims lawyer is doing media this week, crazy girlfriend theory doesn't sound outlandish.

This is what I was thinking but I didn't want to say it...
Accusing a **** or domestic violence victim of lying, prematurely, is one of the worst things you can do but unfortunately, in the realm of professional sports it happens so often. And she's already appearing to the media?

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
My sister just texted me and I came here first. Seems like no one really knows what's going on eh?

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
My sister just texted me and I came here first. Seems like no one really knows what's going on eh?

He has his own cell and is refusing interviews at this point. So just the wish wash bs. You'll most likely be here till tomorrow to here anything serious. I hope for the best, but IMO he will be unable for the next week or so (pure assumption on my behalf)

anleva

Aug 2, 2005
It sounds like Vic Lombardi may be getting the story and will report at 10

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Saw this, was surprised. :huh:

He was probably just drinking with friends and this is all a misunderstanding.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
Accusing a **** or domestic violence victim of lying, prematurely, is one of the worst things you can do but unfortunately, in the realm of professional sports it happens so often. And she's already appearing to the media?

Oh really? Where did you see this? And if that is really the case, it is making me look a little differently at things.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Oh really? Where did you see this? And if that is really the case, it is making me look a little differently at things.

A post on a previous page said that she and her lawyer (well, victim, I don't think I've seen that it's a she yet) would appear on some guy's show?
Obviously that could be false

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I think the women who actually do make this type of **** up are worse, they are the ones that plant that seed of doubt in people's minds that leads to premature calls of ********. They are the one's who are why we can't have nice things.

Now I have no clue what happened here and this could be totally legit and I'm not suggesting it's not, but there's too many *****es who do cry wolf on ******** whether it's for money, attention or sympathy it's always disgusting.

And again, god damn it steve, even if that is the case here, gotta protect yourself from the crazies unless you're an expert and are ready dive head first into the insanity.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
By the charges alone, it seems no one got seriously hurt. That's at least a silver lining here.

That's how I look at it as well. Based on those charges, it doesn't seem like he beat a woman or anything along those lines.

anleva

Aug 2, 2005
A post on a previous page said that she and her lawyer (well, victim, I don't think I've seen that it's a she yet) would appear on some guy's show?
Obviously that could be false

Yeah, go read the tweets from Rick Lewis. He is a radio personality on the Fox

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I think the women who actually do make this type of **** up are worse, they are the ones that plant that seed of doubt in people's minds that leads to premature calls of ********. They are the one's who are why we can't have nice things.

Now I have no clue what happened here and this could be totally legit and I'm not suggesting it's not, but there's too many *****es who do cry wolf on ******** whether it's for money, attention or sympathy it's always disgusting.

And again, god damn it steve, even if that is the case here, gotta protect yourself from the crazies unless you're an expert and are ready dive head first into the insanity.

Oh I totally agree. People wouldn't speculate if it didn't happen. It just makes it so much harder for real victims to come forward when they not only have to worry about telling their story and confronting their abuser, but also having to deal with people calling them liars

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I mean this is the most sincere and non sarcastic way I can word it but Kobe Bryant, Ben Rothesburger and Danny Heatley were all charged on somewhat more serious charges and were realistically released with a slap on the wrist. I really do not see Varlamov getting a serious penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad