Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
So here is bournival's season in a nutshell:

Get scratched heavily
Go down to Hamilton
Finally get in the NHL lineup
Get injured soon after
Go back to Hamilton
And now... You get desharnais as you come back in the NHL lineup.

Hilarious and sad at the same time.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Get scratched heavily
Go down to Hamilton
Get injured soon after
Go back to Hamilton

...on the bright side, hopefully he gets Larry as his centre when he gets back...and DD gets the popcorn guy on one side and the hotdog guy on the other...:laugh:

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I almost feel like Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Sekac would be better... Some reason Gallagher's game doesn't really work with Chucky's imo.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Get scratched heavily
Go down to Hamilton
Get injured soon after
Go back to Hamilton

You forgot his mini concussion after the Nygren hit in training camp...
Ouch...
It led to the heavily scratched?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I almost feel like Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Sekac would be better... Some reason Gallagher's game doesn't really work with Chucky's imo.

When they are both on the wing, that's one thing. Let's see what happens with Chucky at center.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa

It's because, IMO, you see his lack of vision and talent really clearly when he plays with Pleks and more so Chucky...he's fantastic along the boards and in front of the net, but he isn't overwhelmingly skilled and tends to just shoot as soon as he enters the zone or the puck is near his stick. I think he would fit best with Eller and Sekac tbh.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

Get scratched heavily
Go down to Hamilton
Get injured soon after
Go back to Hamilton

I hate DD as our first line centre as much as anyone else, but he's still a good playmaker and facing 3rd line opposition/lower D pairings, he should be able to deliver.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I hate DD as our first line centre as much as anyone else, but he's still a good playmaker and facing 3rd line opposition/lower D pairings, he should be able to deliver.

That's the thing when it comes to DD. He's not a bad player but he's not a top line center. He's more of a 2nd/3rd line guy.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Get scratched heavily
*Says the person he would like to meet the most is Celine Dion in a 'get to know your canadiens' video*
Go down to Hamilton
Get injured soon after
Go back to Hamilton

Fixed for even more Drama.

DaHabMan

Sep 23, 2008
Lasalle
theres still the issue of Therrien asking that first line to dump and chase but its a start. Hopefully 5 min in he keeps at them even if they dont work right away

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Not doing it at all, is even better. We're all Québécois or we aren't.

Don't forget, they're not just "francophone" according to that site, they are "100%" francophone, as if that really matters. Sorry Danslescouilleslisses.cons, what if I'm only 99.9789% francophone, does it mean I don't matter? :shakehead

Every single local network does it. The local flavor is news, whether you like it or not.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Every single local network does it. The local flavor is news, whether you like it or not.

You can always find comparables, I'm sure. More of them doing it, doesn't validate the concept.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
You can always find comparables, I'm sure. More of them doing it, doesn't validate the concept.

Why not? People relate to those who are from the same area, the same culture, the same region. A local athlete succeeding is news. Just like your city's arena taking fire is news, while the same happening in China will not be.

That said, I suggest we drop the subject. We've hijacked this thread enough as it is and we could go on for hours on this (interesting) topic.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why not? People relate to those who are from the same area, the same culture, the same region. A local athlete succeeding is news. Just like your city's arena taking fire is news, while the same happening in China will not be.

Politics, schmolitics.

That said, I suggest we drop the subject. We've hijacked this thread enough as it is and we could go on for hours on this (interesting) topic.

There was no hijacking until you decided to bring it back ... 100%. ;)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I have my doubts that he can do much without pacioretty, but I hope you're right.

Something tells me that sekac will get the most out of desharnais if not pacioretty, but I don't think desharnais would get the most out of sekac. (If that makes any sense)

Anyways, there are some indicators recently that desharnais' role is slowly getting reduced, but he's one little streak away from getting it back if last season was any indication.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
DD can play differently than he did. Or at least could in 2010 or 2011. He would be forced to crash the night and go in the dirtier areas. He would still shy away from checks but took more risks... We'll see if he instinctively tries to go back to that and if this new role is workable today.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life · 2h2 hours ago
#Habs Desharnais: "It's like a relationship. You don't think you can play with anybody else, you don't think you can find someone else."

Is this real?!?!

That's one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard come out of an NHL players mouth. Absurd relationship between those two. wtf

EDIT: Read that DD was joking when saying this to the media. The little respect I had for DD has been restored.

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Anyone know broadcasting details of this match? Is it national?

Live in Toronto - would love to take in the Beliveau program. Love or hate Montreal, they often get the poignant moments spot on.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
DD can play differently than he did. Or at least could in 2010 or 2011. He would be forced to crash the night and go in the dirtier areas. He would still shy away from checks but took more risks... We'll see if he instinctively tries to go back to that and if this new role is workable today.

My wife won't let me crash the night and go to the dirtier areas. :sarcasm:

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Anyone know broadcasting details of this match? Is it national?

Live in Toronto - would love to take in the Beliveau program. Love or hate Montreal, they often get the poignant moments spot on.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like viewers in Ontario and the prairies get ****ed again. This Rogers contract is so god damn awful. I've barely watched any habs this year because of blackouts etc. and when I do get to tune in, I have to listen to ****heads like Healey spout off nonsense. Can't believe we have another ****ing decade of this crap.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Get scratched heavily
Go down to Hamilton
Get injured soon after
Go back to Hamilton

He's just place holder for Pacioretty. My bet Bournival on 4th line and Pacioretty on DD line before midway point in 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad