Vancouver meet up?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Compared to the $1500 for the flight, I guess $150 for the draft is nothing. Peanuts! :laugh:

I am just happy it's over. The awful hunt for tickets was ugly.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Can you order mine too and I’ll pay you or will you be over the 4 seat limit? And are you guys planning on going to Day 2 as well? Limit is 8 for day 2
Are you buying them as soon as they go on sale in a few hours? If so tell me where the seats are and I’ll try to buy one close to them, hopefully there’s some empty seats and we can move around to sit together, AK said drafts rarely sell out but the Canucks said there’s quite limited availability (unless this is some ploy to sell more tickets :P )
Sorry just saw this. Had 3 devices setup...tickets were gone before I could get a single one

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
The Draft and pick #2 are perfect Father's Day gifts! I will be going with my 17 year old son. I've been to the NFL draft in NYC a few years ago, and a NYR draft party once, but never the actual NHL draft.
Flights: We're doing the NY - Seattle flight and then driving up. Much more convenient flight schedules direct to Seattle from NYC.
Hotel: Vancouver hotels have totally hiked up the prices for the draft. Hotels by the arena are in the $500 range.
Draft Tix: The secondary market is killing it for Day 1. My tix were $200 per ticket (before Vivid Seats fees) for section 300 seats. If I planned correctly, I should be on the side closest to the Ranger draft table. Plenty of Day 2 tix available and they're dirt cheap.
Start time for Day One: 5PM PT

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Draft and pick #2 are perfect Father's Day gifts! I will be going with my 17 year old son. I've been to the NFL draft in NYC a few years ago, and a NYR draft party once, but never the actual NHL draft.
Flights: We're doing the NY - Seattle flight and then driving up. Much more convenient flight schedules direct to Seattle from NYC.
Hotel: Vancouver hotels have totally hiked up the prices for the draft. Hotels by the arena are in the $500 range.
Draft Tix: The secondary market is killing it for Day 1. My tix were $200 per ticket (before Vivid Seats fees) for section 300 seats. If I planned correctly, I should be on the side closest to the Ranger draft table. Plenty of Day 2 tix available and they're dirt cheap.
Start time for Day One: 5PM PT

I’m in section 310/324 (long story but we got 4 tickets in 2 sections)

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
everyone in this thread at the vancouver airport waiting for kakko's plane to land

giphy.gif

Reactions: Inferno

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So... Do you guys use Whatsapp/Hangouts or some kind of instant messaging service? I was thinking of creating a group chat so we can communicate and coordinate where to meet up either before, during or after the draft

Reactions: Inferno

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
For those going, enjoy. I went to the draft in 2013 in Jersey and I went to day 2 in 2014 in Philly since we didn't have a first. Both were an absolute blast as a diehard fan and something I'd love to go to again. Unfortunately for this year, Vancouver's a bit of a trek so I passed. Figures the years it's in the area are the years we don't have a 1st and the one year we get a top 2 pick it's on the other side of the continent lol

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
For those going, enjoy. I went to the draft in 2013 in Jersey and I went to day 2 in 2014 in Philly since we didn't have a first. Both were an absolute blast as a diehard fan and something I'd love to go to again. Unfortunately for this year, Vancouver's a bit of a trek so I passed. Figures the years it's in the area are the years we don't have a 1st and the one year we get a top 2 pick it's on the other side of the continent lol
I'm flying from. Atlanta. Steven is flying from vienna

Man up!
;)

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Any chance you guys know if the Rangers will be hosting a draft party like they did last year? I haven't seen anything listed and definitely can't make the hike to Vancouver :(

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
So are we or are we not doing a hangout?
Of course!! It’s too bad we couldn’t all get tickets near each other lol in some drafts I’ve seen groups of like 30+ fans of a specific team all together I wonder why it’s so much more difficult for this one
I think AK said there’s a Facebook group chat or something in regards to a meetup but I don’t have Facebook hahah I have him on WhatsApp though
Who all is coming??

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Of course!! It’s too bad we couldn’t all get tickets near each other lol in some drafts I’ve seen groups of like 30+ fans of a specific team all together I wonder why it’s so much more difficult for this one
I think AK said there’s a Facebook group chat or something in regards to a meetup but I don’t have Facebook hahah I have him on WhatsApp though
Who all is coming??

Me, @Inferno, my GF, Jim (one of the guys who writes for Foreverblueshirts with me) and then whoever else here who has tickets

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Awesome, there will also probably be quite a few Rangers fans flying in who don’t even use this site. Maybe we should post on the Rangers subreddit or something
Did you end up getting tickets for day 2?

Yes. I will be there for day 2. I want to try and find Kakko after we pick him to see if he can sign my jersey and get a photo with him. I don't know how hard/easy that will be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad