Speculation: Vancouver is prioritizing the acquisition of scoring wingers for Pettersson and Horvat

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
They should try to get Colin Miller from Vegas. They'll need cap relief.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Sure. Let’s all engage in hysterics over mischaracterizations of other posters’ viewpoints. Carry on.

If you're making the point that "with Tkachuk we wouldn't have Pettersson" and you are NOT trying to use this to defend Benning, then what is the purpose of making that point? To what argument is it in service of? Yes, changing literally anything in the past has the potential to change the future in completely unpredictable ways. If we hadn't traded away Cam Neely then maybe we wouldn't have Pettersson today. Who the f*** cares? It's literally a point that is not worth making. It doesn't support an argument. You might as well say "if ice were black instead of white I might have a pet turtle." It might be true it's impossible to prove and it is utterly irrelevant to anything.

Last edited:

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I think panarin makes the most sense. IDE look to overpay him on a shorter deal . 12x4

They've already stated they aren't going after the bigger fish. We are going to be dissapointed by what they do, we might as well get used to the idea now.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Well they certainly should this summer

What’s better though? Signing a bunch of 20 goal 40 point players at 4.5 million per or signing a game changing talent like panarin or karlsson for 10-12 million ?

If they didn’t blow their load on having multiple 3-4 million dollar fourth liner “ mentors “ then going after panarin or karlsson would be a no brainer

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
What’s better though? Signing a bunch of 20 goal 40 point players at 4.5 million per or signing a game changing talent like panarin or karlsson for 10-12 million ?

Ie.. beagle , rousell etc etc
None of the above imo. Nothing concerns me more than signing EK personally. I think his contract will haunt which ever teams signs him after a few seasons. I know most wont agree.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
None of the above imo. Nothing concerns me more than signing EK personally. I think his contract will haunt which ever teams signs him after a few seasons. I know most wont agree.
Based on injury concerns? Historically the truly elite players like Karlsson age much better than the rest of the field.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Based on injury concerns? Historically the truly elite players like Karlsson age much better than the rest of the field.
Traditionally has been healthy but he has had a few bad injuries recently and I think he is going to slow down. I also think we are a few years away from potentially being a solid playoff contender so the time to get crazy with UFAs is not now. I just think it’s premature. Slow and steady is my preference

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

PuckFather

Oct 14, 2014
Does Jonathan Dahlen play left wing? I wonder if Benning’s heading to .utica to “discuss what happened there this year” has anything to do with Petey (maybe?) speaking up about his friend not getting an opportunity to play with him?
You have apparently not followed Dahlen in the AHL lately. You want to dump on Bennings, it's ok but at least do some research before typing so you're not embarrassing yourself.

Reactions: Nomobo

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Tyler Toffoli is a guy we should target in a trade. Only 1 season left on his contract so LA will be looking to move him. Maybe he can form a decent second scoring line with Horvat and Pearson. Offer the Kings a quantity package of Goldobin+Lind+Lockwood right's+2nd 2020+ conditional 2nd 2021 (if Toffoli re-signs) and see if they bite.

I've also been saying Wennberg from Columbus would fit in perfect with Pettersson. I'd propose Virtanen+Sutter for Wennberg.

Wennberg-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Looks okay on paper at least.

Reactions: vancityluongo

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Tyler Toffoli is a guy we should target in a trade. Only 1 season left on his contract so LA will be looking to move him. Maybe he can form a decent second scoring line with Horvat and Pearson. Offer the Kings a quantity package of Goldobin+Lind+Lockwood right's+2nd 2020+ conditional 2nd 2021 (if Toffoli re-signs) and see if they bite.

Bring back Linden Vey and Benning has his dream line of Pearson, Vey, and Toffoli.

Seriously, Tofolli has had a terrible season and like Pearson has seen his overall game decline the past 1 1/2 seasons despite decent overall numbers last season not to mention being a relatively streaky player.

This is not a guy you trade two 2nd round picks for. I wouldn't even trade this year's 2nd.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

I've also been saying Wennberg from Columbus would fit in perfect with Pettersson. I'd propose Virtanen+Sutter for Wennberg.

Wennberg-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Looks okay on paper at least.
I'd do that pretty easily. That's a good idea, actually if you HAVE to get a winger for Pettersson. I'd want a new GM before we make a move like that, though. Uniting Pearson and Toffoli and having Horvat as the centre is not a bad idea at all to try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad