Speculation: Vancouver is prioritizing the acquisition of scoring wingers for Pettersson and Horvat

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hah. EP should go to ownership and tell them he'd like to play with Matt Tkachuk. That'll go over.

Does Jonathan Dahlen play left wing? I wonder if Benning’s heading to .utica to “discuss what happened there this year” has anything to do with Petey (maybe?) speaking up about his friend not getting an opportunity to play with him?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I don’t get this. Tkatchuk was drafted in a year before Petey, not in the same draft.

He would have helped the Canucks asap. Nucks wouldnt have sucked as bad and wouldnt be in a position to draft EP.

They would have probably focused their scouting more on a Dman if we didnt get Juolevi.

Either way. I'm happy we have EP40

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He would have helped the Canucks asap. Nucks wouldnt have sucked as bad and wouldnt be in a position to draft EP.

They would have probably focused their scouting more on a Dman if we didnt get Juolevi.

I’m happy with EP too, but Benning clearly should have taken Tkatchuk instead of OJ. Then Petey would have his winger, and wouldn’t be needing to ask management to get him one.

Reactions: TruGr1t

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I’m happy with EP too, but Benning clearly should have taken Tkatchuk instead of OJ. Then Petey would have his winger, and wouldn’t be needing to ask management to get him one.

This is the reality. The other side of the argument is just a convenient way to attempt to exonerate Benning from going off the board and completely screwing up the Juolevi pick.

You mine as well say: "We shouldn't have drafted Pettersson so we have a better chance at Hughes." It's dumb logic.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This is the reality. The other side of the argument is just a convenient way to attempt to exonerate Benning from going off the board and completely screwing up the Juolevi pick.

You mine as well say: "We shouldn't have drafted Pettersson so we have a better chance at Hughes." It's dumb logic.

Oh! I get it now. I didn’t understand what the poster was saying.
His argument is more pathos than logos.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary

While Benning messed up that pick, it is also not reality to just assume picking Tkatchuk means we would have Petterson. Truth is, no one can say how that would have effected things.

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011

Stop saying this, it's been said at least a hundred times that Tkatchuk wouldn't have played on the Canucks that season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->