Confirmed with Link: Vancouver Canucks Sign Josh Teves (D, Princeton) To Entry Level Deal

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's pronounced like it's spelled, Teves deriving from the biblical Hebrew Tevesh meaning goodness, also the namesake for Tevet, the 10th month of the Hebrew lunar calendar

To clarify (because "like it's spelled" could mean several things), it's two syllables, with the accent on the first, the way the "e"s are pronounced in "seven."

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
DggvTUvXcAEb3Vz.jpg

I have a feeling Judd had his mitts on this signing. probably convinced John Weisbrod too since he love's the "diamond in the rough" type players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canucks LB

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m OK with taking flyers on college free agents. You win some (Stecher) and you lose some (Walsky), but sometimes even losses can turn into gems (Oberg, who helped get us Higgins).

Also happy to see us trying to build the defensive prospect cupboard a bit. These are all general statements, though, as I know very little about Teves himself.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Didnt watch Princeton this year because ivy league broadcast rights are really weird on when they show games

Hopefully he turns out.
Would still wait till august for when Hughes old Partner Cecconi becomes a free agent.

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
I’m OK with taking flyers on college free agents. You win some (Stecher) and you lose some (Walsky), but sometimes even losses can turn into gems (Oberg, who helped get us Higgins).

Also happy to see us trying to build the defensive prospect cupboard a bit. These are all general statements, though, as I know very little about Teves himself.

Agreed. Also I believe Tanev was a college free agent signing as well?

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Remember him looking decent at the Prospects Development Tournament....but you'd expect this from guy who's a lot older. I put this signing in the same category as Griffin Molino and Mike Zalewski.

Worth a roll of the dice.....but has to make an impact with the Comets first.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Never even heard of this guy whats the point of this? Aint gonna solve our d problems :shakehead

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure why people are whining about this. It's a free asset. Now go get some more.
Plus it's another body to have around to ensure that Quinn doesn't play enough to burn his exemption status for the Seattle ED. We all know the Canuck's luck when it comes to injuries.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Hey sure, welcome to Vancouver Josh.

I'll defer to our college scouts on this one.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Never even heard of this guy whats the point of this? Aint gonna solve our d problems :shakehead

He a 7th - 8th here for the remainder of the year. Then he is a RFA who signs some sort of deal with the Canucks, and in fact they may already figured it out.

Next year he may get somewhat of a sweetheart deal to play in Utica, because will be amazed if that's not the plan. (sweetheart deal like$200 K in Utica instead of $70K.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
It's a free prospect, if you'd heard of him, he would have been drafted.

Guess you didn't see the point in Stetcher, Tanev, or Lack either.

I will say that I don’t know anything about this guy, but just because a prospect is free doesn’t automatically make it a good signing when we have limited contracts and signing one guy means you can’t sign others.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so kuffner, veronneau and teves are all princeton grads who will get their degrees and signed nhl contracts today. all three had significant drop offs in points from last year. princeton was a good team last year and a bad team this year. these three guys were the scoring leaders both years.

teves is a late bloomer who played one year of junior b and has stayed focussed on education. he apparently will graduate with an engineering degree.

i am assuming the canucks think this guy is on a delayed development curve and has room to grow at 24.

one thing for sure is the canucks have a lot of college edjumicated dmen in their system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad