Confirmed with Link: Vancouver Canucks Sign Josh Teves (D, Princeton) To Entry Level Deal

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The fact that the Canucks are still signing left-shot d-men and will likely troll the UFA market in July, speaks volumes about how confident they are that Juolevi will be able to crack the NHL roster next season.

The kid is only 20, but has already had back and knee surgery. And he's going to break the mold of the most medically fragile blueline in the entire NHL?

I have no idea how you draw these conclusions. The Canucks' blueline needs to improve. This isn't about Juolevi who has missed significant development time and shouldn't be expected to crack the Canucks next season out of training camp (it would be a pleasant surprise if he does). The team needs depth. Edler may not re-sign. McEneny is a UFA.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I have no idea how you draw these conclusions. The Canucks' blueline needs to improve. This isn't about Juolevi who has missed significant development time and shouldn't be expected to crack the Canucks next season out of training camp (it would be a pleasant surprise if he does). The team needs depth. Edler may not re-sign. McEneny is a UFA.

It's always baffling to see fans draw conclusions like "well, we already have 3 left sided D-men (2 of whom are prospects) why would we need any more than that?" as if they haven't watched this D-core be decimated by a single injury that has a cascading effect on the entire core.

Reactions: F A N

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It's always baffling to see fans draw conclusions like "well, we already have 3 left sided D-men (2 of whom are prospects) why would we need any more than that?" as if they haven't watched this D-core be decimated by a single injury that has a cascading effect on the entire core.

It's never just one injury either.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So is he going to play tonight? Near the start of the thread I assumed he'd be in Utica for a bit but for some reason I thought he was younger, not already 24.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
You'd have to think Juolevi comes very close to a free spot too, assuming he isn't in a body cast or anything come September.
Juolevi might need some time in the ECHL to get back up to speed of being a bottom pairing AHL dman. Tkachuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad