Confirmed with Link: [VAN/SJ] Canucks acquire D Nick Cicek, 6th in ‘24 for F Jack Studnicka

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
ok so whats the book on Cicek? Seems like some protection for our young players in

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Love the tidiness here

Remember some grumbling over myrenberg? We move two irrelevant players to give a guy a chance. Didnt work out so get back a relevant young defenceman and a draft choice.

Sign me up to this all day long. The concept of cut your losses is like nibbling my ear - manage the business - that is what was done here

These little moves excite me probably more than they should because they show process
All the smaller accumulative wins definitely excite me a lot too. Its how you build a contender. Benning would have hung onto Studnicka forcing him in top minutes that detract from actual prospects until his contract expired and then let him walk for nothing, or overpaid him for no reason

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
All the smaller accumulative wins definitely excite me a lot too. Its how you build a contender. Benning would have hung onto Studnicka forcing him in top minutes that detract from actual prospects until his contract expired and then let him walk for nothing, or overpaid him for no reason
Damn - these must be the bricks Allvin meant!!!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
We should change Allvin’s Nickname to Trader Patrik

chef alvin like chef boyardee someone quick photoshop a face of alvin on it. i think this is trade number 8 this season. they still dont have a 2nd for 2024. traded to chicago for dickinson last years.

maybe myers+6th for forward help+2nd?

Reactions: drax0s and Indiana

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I don't know if "excites" me is the word but it's really satisfying to see it happen and the nerd in me likes it even though I know these small wins likely won't amount to anything.

I like to think of it as Beauvillier/Studnicka/5th for Lafferty/5th/6th.

Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Allvin builds with bricks Benning shits them
puoI3r.gif

Edit: Why are the f***ing GIFs not working on this site???

Ok I attached this:

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I don't know if "excites" me is the word but it's really satisfying to see it happen and the nerd in me likes it even though I know these small wins likely won't amount to anything.

I like to think of it as Beauvillier/Studnicka/5th for Lafferty/5th/6th.
That trade tree seems... iffy lol

Allvin builds with bricks Benning shits them
I picture Jim finishing a lego wall while Allvin is mortaring a fireplace

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think a lot of posters here high key had that suspicion, and / or straight up loudly speculated it. :laugh:

I have always guessed this to be the case. A former scout at the very least. I been waiting for this guy to slip up...we know he is an English soccer fan.

Just like how some of us figured out Weisbrod's burner account on here...which ceased all activity from December 2021 onwards.

Ha, yeah, definitely not!

That argument where Weisbrod got riled up in a Jankowski discussion and forgot to refer to himself in the 3rd person and came back with a ‘No I didn’t!’ and then promptly deleted the post and left the discussion was great, though.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

That argument where Weisbrod got riled up in a Jankowski discussion and forgot to refer to himself in the 3rd person and came back with a ‘No I didn’t!’ and then promptly deleted the post and left the discussion was great, though.

See that is EXACTLY what someone who is/used to be a successful pro scout and is now laying low would say!

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker

Is there a screenshot/archive of this somewhere? I remember seeing it as it happened but I can't remember exactly how it went down. Would be good for the lols.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Is there a screenshot/archive of this somewhere? I remember seeing it as it happened but I can't remember exactly how it went down. Would be good for the lols.

I think most of that stuff got deleted in a server migration a while back.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I think the whole discussion ended up being mostly deleted almost immediately, unfortunately.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Ha I wish I knew how to toss a resume to the pro scouting department because I should be getting paid if they keep acquiring the guys I like.

I don't watch the AHL, but Cicek's stats have declined. Still like the trade though. We get a pick for what is for us an AHL for AHL trade. Good for Studnicka as he will probably get a chance to play on an NHL roster

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I dont know who started it first

Bieska or Louie Debrusk..........

both were calling Studnicka "Fly By"

skating doesnt matter when you do fly by's all game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad