Confirmed with Link: [VAN/SJ] Canucks acquire D Nick Cicek, 6th in ‘24 for F Jack Studnicka

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Just realized that Studnicka had to clear waivers before being sent to Abbotsford. So he was available to any NHL team, including the Sharks, who passed.

Mystifyingly they traded another prospect and a sixth rounder for a guy they could have had for nothing. I guess they had their reasons.....but in retrospect the Canucks were lucky to get anything for Studnicka.
I think part of it was that Studnicka has now cleared waivers, so can play for San Jose's farm team.

Either way, I'm not opposed to the return here. Minor leaguer and a late pick for someone that wouldn't be on the roster on all but the worst circumstances.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I think part of it was that Studnicka has now cleared waivers, so can play for San Jose's farm team.

Either way, I'm not opposed to the return here. Minor leaguer and a late pick for someone that wouldn't be on the roster on all but the worst circumstances.

nah, san jose had a couple injuries after studnicka was on waivers. they didn't want/need him when he was available

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
nah, san jose had a couple injuries after studnicka was on waivers. they didn't want/need him when he was available
A satisfactory explanation as well. It's still something that tells me they didn't value what came our way, but, well, we can probably make use of.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's still more than half a season to go--but if the standings remained unchanged, I don't see how Allvin isn't the NHL's GM of the year.

Not only have the Canucks been the busiest team in the league in terms of trades and signings; it's hard to find a single deal that hasn't strengthened the hockey club and given them more cap flexibility.

For Canuck fans who were in total cringe-worthy mode for seven long seasons, every time Benning made another deal, this is rarified air indeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad