Confirmed with Link: [VAN/SJ] Canucks acquire D Nick Cicek, 6th in ‘24 for F Jack Studnicka

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I imagine that Studnicka was probably seeking a better opportunity. He had a good camp, but was caught in a numbers game. He ought to be an NHL player with San Jose.

The value add of another depth defenseman and another draft pick is not nothing either.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Dominoes
Ha I wish I knew how to toss a resume to the pro scouting department because I should be getting paid if they keep acquiring the guys I like.
Bro, you unironically need to work in a hockey front office one day. Or even a sports FO in general. I wish you could use hf posts along with your resume for clout, lol.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This is really funny in the wake of Tocchet telling the media he'd have to sit down with Allvin and figure out who they were going to call up.

"NO NEED TOC, I GOT SOMEONE FROM THE OUTSIDE!"

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
1702682468949.png

wtf happened here

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Literally just coming here to ping him on this one. Curious if he has kept eyes on this player since he came onto the radar about 2 years ago.

He really popped as an AHL rookie 2 years ago, was the best player on the ice multiple times against Abby, really thought he had a future at that point.

Really fell off last year and wasn’t nearly as good although he got a bunch of NHL games.

Abby hasn’t played SJ yet so haven’t seen him this year although his numbers are still nowhere near his rookie year.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Saves them a bit of money with Studnicka on a one-way, regardless of whether they keep Cicek up or send him down and call up one of the other LHD.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad