Claimed off Waivers: [VAN] Jimmy Vesey claimed off waivers by the Canucks from the Maple Leafs

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Maybe, and this is a big maybe - but maybe this will help show Benning you can have a terrible 4th line that isn't making a combined $12million a year. He can have a terrible 4th line making $3million a year and then he can free up some much needed cap to overpay free agents to underperform in the AHL. Toffoli, you get out of here we don't need you, Jordan Weal is an upcoming UFA, lets see if he want $5 x 4yrs.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
He isn’t outstanding at it. Just okay.
And our issues on the PK seem to me at least be more of a system/strategy issue than a personnel one.
Since they havent fired the PK coach, Leafs are probably looking at an upgrade on the PK, even if I do agree the PK (also) looks like a system issue. And even if I think Fred should've saved more shots on the PK, when you go through the PK goals, there is often some bad coverage when the opposing team gets control inside the attacking zone. Granted, the north division does have very good PP units from my view, so this plays a role in making it look bad.

Only Calgary and Canucks are looking decent on the PK when I watch them, and the other team gets established inside zone. So there is room for improvement here, for all teams not named Calgary and Vancouver

Reactions: CanuckCity

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Maybe, and this is a big maybe - but maybe this will help show Benning you can have a terrible 4th line that isn't making a combined $12million a year. He can have a terrible 4th line making $3million a year and then he can free up some much needed cap to overpay free agents to underperform in the AHL. Toffoli, you get out of here we don't need you, Jordan Weal is an upcoming UFA, lets see if he want $5 x 4yrs.
We’re grateful for yous letting toffoli slide . So grateful in fact you can have weal for free and a fifth for your troubles .

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Good 4th liner/ taxi squad player.

Has a knack for goals and decent defense. A bit of a slow skater and isn't too bruising either. Decent player to keep around.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Jimmy Easy to defend
Actually he looks pretty good against defenders a lot of the time. Unfortunately he trips, fires the puck wide, or hits the goalie in the chest 90% of the time. The guy has obvious skill, he just can’t put it together. With Galch and Barabanov destroying the AHL, it doesn’t make much sense to keep him on the roster even if he has looked “alright, I guess”

Reactions: Ciao

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Interesting, if only because it is adding an NHL player, which would be needed if the Canucks decide to sell assets.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Would have been nice to snag a late round pick, but oh well. Don't get your hopes too high on him nucks fans, he's as vanilla as they come. Can do everything passable with nothing outstanding at all. That said, he's not a bad plug for the 4th line, maybe 3rd in a pinch but hopefully not an extended time.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Would have been nice to snag a late round pick, but oh well. Don't get your hopes too high on him nucks fans, he's as vanilla as they come. Can do everything passable with nothing outstanding at all. That said, he's not a bad plug for the 4th line, maybe 3rd in a pinch but hopefully not an extended time.
He will excel in Europe next season.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Kind of surprised. Dude was so hyped before signing with the Rangers and I don't think he has come close to the hype.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
If he only played to his size. He’s a big guy, but (imo) plays small.
Tons of guys in the league like that. Vesey has the tools to be a good player (maybe even a 20/20 guy) but it's like something is missing. Call it killer instinct, drive, or maybe even hockey sense, I can't peg it tbh. Has the ability to fill a role, but always leaves you wanting more, much like a Chinese buffet.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Tons of guys in the league like that. Vesey has the tools to be a good player (maybe even a 20/20 guy) but it's like something is missing. Call it killer instinct, drive, or maybe even hockey sense, I can't peg it tbh. Has the ability to fill a role, but always leaves you wanting more, much like a Chinese buffet.
If he isn’t putting up points (which is infrequent) what does he provide that contributes to winning?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad