Claimed off Waivers: [VAN] Jimmy Vesey claimed off waivers by the Canucks from the Maple Leafs

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Mildly sad to see him go. He wasn’t great or even good. But as a 13th forward I had no complaints. If someone is hurt he is a good guy to step in for a game or 2. He probably won’t do much to help you but he won’t hurt you either.
Decent penalty killer too but our penalty kill sucks anyway

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
He's fine. Fills a sweater. There's worse players playing an a 4th line somewhere. He's the definition of low impact. He doesn't effect the game much.

Leafs fans and Vancouver fans shouldn't be excited or disappointed.

Reactions: cyris

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Worth a claim

Most likely won't turn to anything but u never know who clicks with who
The hype over him was because he was a NCAA free agent. But, if you look at his career, he made the NHL as a 3rd round draft pick, got a very nice 2nd NHL contract. His career earnings through 5 NHL seasons will be around $7.3 mill. Nearing the end of the line in the NHL for him. He probably has 1 or 2 years left in the NHL before he gets pushed out by younger players. As another poster wrote, he's a very vanilla player.

Reactions: virothepyro

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I think this is also a kick in the butt to Gaudette to say "hey, start producing or you'll be waiver fodder too"

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
Only player in the league that puts butter on his skate blades before games. Guy can't stay on his skates. Good luck in Vancouver!

Reactions: hn777

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
He's fine. Fills a sweater. There's worse players playing an a 4th line somewhere. He's the definition of low impact. He doesn't effect the game much.

Leafs fans and Vancouver fans shouldn't be excited or disappointed.
That is about how I see it. He is the definition of a replacement level player. But when you run into injuries he is a good guy to have around. I would have preferred he passed through waivers but I’m not overly sad he is gone either

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad