Claimed off Waivers: [VAN] Jimmy Vesey claimed off waivers by the Canucks from the Maple Leafs

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Jimmy suffers from Davey’s Curse, hockey’s reverse version of the curse of the Bambino, where he will never, ever, ever win anything after jacking with hockey’s purist and most trusting soul, David Poile. It’s why Ryan Suter will never hoist the Cup.

Ryan Suter won't hoist the cup due to playing on a crappy Minnesota team. Nashville fans just sour that a player chose to excercise his rights and test FA and sign wherever they want. Can't blame the guy for signing a life altering mega contract like he did.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Ryan Suter won't hoist the cup due to playing on a crappy Minnesota team. Nashville fans just sour that a player chose to excercise his rights and test FA and sign wherever they want. Can't blame the guy for signing a life altering mega contract like he did.
Absolutely, his agent should get a raise. He sucks, but he made $10 million.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, problem was he was a great player when the Leafs sucked (not like that's changed though)

Bozak was always a good player. Not great, but not bad either. Reliable for what he was capable of.

The wild thing is that Leafs fans far and wide told us he was good offensively and bad defensively, but he's been good defensively since day one with the Blues and is a go-to PK guy. If anything, I think Blues fans wanted a bit more offensive pop. Funny how what a player is capable of (barring elite production) can change with circumstances.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah, problem was he was a great player when the Leafs sucked (not like that's changed though)

Bozak was always a good player. Not great, but not bad either. Reliable for what he was capable of.
Yup a really good support player, but not a key piece.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Looked pretty good last night for a free asset. I have no expectations for him, if he works out and we re sign him great, if he ends up on our taxi squad, nothing lost there either. Maybe be waived lights a fire under him, who knows.

Reactions: Ciao

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Looked pretty good last night for a free asset. I have no expectations for him, if he works out and we re sign him great, if he ends up on our taxi squad, nothing lost there either. Maybe be waived lights a fire under him, who knows.

Does Gaudette need to be sheltered as much as he is or does Green just not like him? Often when I watch the Canucks he's noticeable in a good way and then you see he played less than 10:00 and with plugs no less.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Does Gaudette need to be sheltered as much as he is or does Green just not like him? Often when I watch the Canucks he's noticeable in a good way and then you see he played less than 10:00 and with plugs no less.

I feel gaudette is a far batter player than any of his stats this year show. He was so snake bitten for so long. He seems to be coming out of it a bit as of late, and will see his ice time start to climb up. He is far better on the wing than at centre at this stage, and has a really good shot.

I would have no issue with him getting a look in our top 6 with Pearson out long term.

Reactions: Canuck86

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I don't think motivation was an issue. He isn't a bad player, but just not really good either. Probably a fairly capable bottom-six NHL forward.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he were traded for a low draft pick or prospect, or if he passed through waivers. He's a serviceable but marginal player, and the market is flooded with those. Every team already has them in abundance.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The wild thing is that Leafs fans far and wide told us he was good offensively and bad defensively, but he's been good defensively since day one with the Blues and is a go-to PK guy. If anything, I think Blues fans wanted a bit more offensive pop. Funny how what a player is capable of (barring elite production) can change with circumstances.

Not sure about that. When he was on the Leafs it was a big talking point how good he was defensively. He just payed with Kessel and JVR, two guys not so great.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->