Confirmed with Link: [VAN/DAL] Canucks acquire F Jason Dickinson for 2021 3rd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Missed this trade, dam another pick gone, Dickie any good?

I guess we'll see. He's been touted by some as our 3rd line center savior but spent a good amount of the time last year as a winger.

He didn't have a great face-off percentage so we'll see how much leeway Green gives him as a center.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think it gets done well before the hearing and if it's closer to 2 then 2.5+ I'm happy with it.

If he was playing C it should probably have come in at about $1.8.

But it sounds like they're planning on playing him at wing, so even that might be generous.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Seriously? Who cares about face offs. The difference between a 50% v 44% will have almost no impact in the game. Pretty stupid way to evaluate a players defensive ability.

You know in scar face where he says “you need people like me so you can point your fingers and say look there goes the bad guy”.

this board needs people like you and your takes so people can say “hey, Johnny’s takes are not the worst on here”

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I've been trying to remember an occasion where a gm traded for a guy without a contract then took him to arbitration. Can anyone think of any? I'm honestly drawing a blank there.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I've been trying to remember an occasion where a gm traded for a guy without a contract then took him to arbitration. Can anyone think of any? I'm honestly drawing a blank there.
No idea. But who cares? They know the arbitration award before the trade and if they can’t add term? Well they paid a 3rd round pick for two cost controlled years

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Look at all of this hockey talk and zero complaining about Beagle, Eriksson or Roussel.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Unbelievably good. Top 5 3C in the league, instantly fixes our bottom 6, great contract, great leadership, very underrated, great underlying numbers too.

I don't have him this highly rated. I like this player but a top5 3C to me can put up 40 pts no question. Also, Dickinson plays the wing a lot and we may end up seeing some odd combination with him playing a defensive anchor on a scoring line with Horvat.

It's a great pick up for our roster and I'm guessing he will be a nice tool for us but most teams have a player like this so anointing him as a top5 feels like some homerism.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I don't have him this highly rated. I like this player but a top5 3C to me can put up 40 pts no question. Also, Dickinson plays the wing a lot and we may end up seeing some odd combination with him playing a defensive anchor on a scoring line with Horvat.

It's a great pick up for our roster and I'm guessing he will be a nice tool for us but most teams have a player like this so anointing him as a top5 feels like some homerism.

His post was dripping with sarcasm.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Unbelievably good. Top 5 3C in the league, instantly fixes our bottom 6, great contract, great leadership, very underrated, great underlying numbers too.
Those points are indiffy to me, I wanna know is how foundational he is? Can he mucker up and rip the puck?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think it gets done well before the hearing and if it's closer to 2 then 2.5+ I'm happy with it.
Most likely gets done without a hearing. Dickinson is one of only 8 players in the NHL remaining scheduled for arbitration hearings. They mostly settle a day or two before the hearing as both sides get a bit more antsy.

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
Not a trade, but Vegas took Nate Schmidt in the expansion draft and he went to arbitration that summer. Different circumstances, obviously, but that's the only time I can think of a newly-acquired player making it to arbitration.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Very few players end up actually going to arbitration out of those that file and I'd still expect it's more than likely that Dickinson signs before that happens.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
If he was playing C it should probably have come in at about $1.8.

But it sounds like they're planning on playing him at wing, so even that might be generous.
Where did you read that they're targeting him for the wing?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Where did you read that they're targeting him for the wing?

IMac's recent report after an interview with Green. Apparently they like the idea of Miller at C with essentially Horvat with the #3C, and the proposed lines IMac listed reflected this with Dickinson on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad