Confirmed with Link: [VAN/DAL] Canucks acquire F Jason Dickinson for 2021 3rd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not going to give you offense. Good defensively. He’s a bottom 6 center through and through. And not a top one. Better than what they have though.

Reactions: mossey3535

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
3rd round pick, gone.

Sutter would have gotten a 3rd round pick at the deadline from a playoff team. Imagine flipping Sutter for a 3rd. Then flipping the 3rd for a younger cheaper Sutter replacement. That’s good asset management.

this is …. Dumb.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Totally fine with this. I didn't much like the UFAs for the position at all and I'm pretty "meh" on the early 3rd round for picks this year.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Draft picks are assets meant to acquire players. A 3rd has a minuscule chance of becoming an NHL player. Using a 3rd from this weird draft to immediately upgrade the most pressing forward hole on the team is a smart move. I have no critique about the reasoning behind the trade.

I know nothing of Dickinson but he’s the kind of player I was looking at yesterday. Fits in the team’s competitive window and upgrades the 3rd line C that has been a huge black hole. This also means there’s no room for Sutter and further reduces the teams cap space they can use to acquire an overpaid 30 year old forward. The way I look at it, the forwards are “done” and fixing the defence should be the focus.

People need to remember the Canucks are a win now team and a 3rd is not some untouchable piece.

BrilliantBroReferee

May 18, 2021
Best 3C we’ve had since 2014 probably
He’s probably gonna score more pts than Sutter next season so that’s a plus?
Trading for a 20 pts forward is now a win? :laugh: We need defence. At least we got him for almost nothing. Guy played top 6 minutes in Dallas an managed 22 and 15 pts. He can't even ride shotgun with top players.

He makes 1,5 per year. I can see Jimbo giving him 2,5x4. He is here to replace Big Balls.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Kinda meh on the trade itself all things considered, but the player should help for sure considering the fact that this team hasn't had an actual 3rd line center for awhile now.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Is he even a full time center? I thought he was a LW?

RFA who’ll likely want Pearson money? Same production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->