Raptors Discussion: v91 - NBA in restart plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We win tomorrow and clinch 2nd overall. Home court against the Lakers in the finals...in the bubble lol.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't get it. A team kinda has a huge advantage to make the playoffs if they get an extra game. If I am Memphis and you are asked why you didn't make the playoffs, you say, Portland got to play more games than us. Bush league. Why not have the RTP schedule align to give the teams the same number of games played overall.

Technically they didn't get eliminated. They'll play Portland to get into the playoffs. Even if Portland didn't have that extra game, they'd be playing them to get in.

But now that I'm looking at the rules, yeah it sucks because I'm pretty sure Memphis has to win 2 games against them whereas Portland just needs to win 1.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Technically they didn't get eliminated. They'll play Portland to get into the playoffs. Even if Portland didn't have that extra game, they'd be playing them to get in.
Okay just reading this online now. I didn't hear anything about a playin game. That would have been aweful. I still say PHX gets screwed.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
2nd in the East yes we did that already.

I was just joking that in the event that the Raps and Lakers meet in finals, we would have home court. But does it really matter because all games are in Orlando.

Got it, thanks.

I've thought this for a while now - the Raptors benefit a ton from the bubble because when it gets to the final 4, we don't have to overcome home court advantage. Home court means quite a bit in the NBA so a huge plus for us.

The pieces of the puzzle are falling into place for the Raptors. ;)

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I know it was a nothing game but Watson looks like he has some real talent. This teams scouting/development are unreal. Easily the best run organization in the league.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I came here to also complain about this nonsense...lol

Why is it nonsense? The game times are set to cater to US television which is big money for the NBA. Because virtually all Raptors fans are in Canada, they do not figure in US ratings meaning that the ratings are determined almost solely by the Raptors' opponent, meaning that the games will get lower ratings. And it's only logical to schedule games that are lower rated in less-watched time slots.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lets look at the matchups.
East first

Bucks vs Magic
This should be a sweep. Orlando actually fascinates me. Likeable team for sure but this is another 1st round exit awaiting. Bucks in 4

Raptors vs Nets
With the Nets not being healthy, the Raps should win this in 4-5 games. I could see the Nets taking one but the talent descrepency is huge. Raptors in 5

Celtics vs 76ers
With Simmons out and not sure what your getting from Embid, Celtics should take this, and to show the NBA world how overrated the Sixers are. Brett Brown is coaching his last games with the team. Celtics in 5

Heat vs Pacers
Personally one of my favorite series. This could go anywhere. 2 very well coached teams with solid players all around and 1 star each. Could go the distance and anybody could win. I have the Heat winning because of the Spolstera factor and Butler. Heat in 7.

West
8th not settled with the play in, but I would be shocked if the Blazers don't win so going to assume they make it.

Lakers vs Blazers
I could honestly see the Blazers giving the Lakers a bit of a tough time, with Lillard and Mocollum, but Lakers are just way superior especially defensively where Blazers can't play any defence. Do feel it will be a bit closer then we think though. Lakers in 6

Clippers vs Mavs
This series should be fun. I think if there is a series where it has upset potential, it could be this one. Not sure why I'm not sold on the Clippers, but something gives me hesitation. Can the Mavs best offense execute against a great defensive team? It didn't in the season but maybe things change. Still picking the Clippers but Mavs could scare them. Clippers in 6.

Nuggets vs Jazz
Tough to pick one here. Nuggets are the superior team but how much? Both are great defensive teams and well coached. This one might come down to who can execute offensively better. Going to call an upset here. Jazz in 7

Rockets vs Thunder
As is destiny, Westbrook faces his Thunder. Too bad he might miss the entire series. Will D'antoni's small ball finally work? Can the young Thunder pull off a bit of an upset? I have the Rockets here, but it could go the other way if Harden is cold. Rockets in 6.

Other story lines
It will be fun to watch Doncic in the playoffs. Can he take an even bigger step in crunch time?
Comparing the two LA teams.
Can the Rockets finally take the next step?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Watched the highlights to our last game and Johnson and Watson looked really good. Where did this Watson guy come from because I don't remember seeing or hearing his name at all until this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad