Raptors Discussion: v77| Season of Kawhi III: No Kawhi, no problem -or- the death & rebirth of Kyle Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
now 11-2 without Kawhi got a really deep team when everyones clicking part of the reason we have the best record on the 2nd game of b2bs too

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
What do we think of Boucher?

Right now: Fringe NBA player
Potential: Rotation player

The good news is that he has skills that could allow him to stick around long-term. He has solid shot blocking instincts, he can hit the 3 (his high arcing shot makes it difficult for opponents to guard) and his quickness allows him to roll to the basket and become a very good finisher. Haven't really seen it in the NBA but he does have the ability to handle the ball a bit

His weaknesses are obviously physical strength. Whether he's guarding 3s, 4s or 5s, other teams are going to target him on defense and he'll struggle to finish through contact. He's 26 but sometimes it feels like his basketball mind is still a few years away. From my viewings, he seems to be out of position defensively too much for my liking. However, it could just be more experience that he needs.

Reactions: Morgs

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's precautionary for the most part. He is coming off a serious injury only played 9 games last year
Thanks........I did realize he didn't play much last year, but didn't realize the injury was an issue carrying over. They have a great shot coming out of the East this year with him healthy.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
What do we think of Boucher?

I've been dissappointed we haven't given him more minutes this season, especially since the backup PF position and 3pt shooting off the bench has been such a glaring weakness so far.

the guy can score and block/change shots on defense, even if he probably sucks positionally and one-on-on on defense. he has every chance at being a solid bench piece, and soon imo.

Reactions: Morgs

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Wouldn't mind a loss tonight to be honest. Would love to have the Pacers finish 3rd if we end up 2nd. They are the 1 team that we would pretty much be guaranteed to beat in the 2nd round. Celtics/76ers are scarier.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Anyone think Nurse should get consideration for coach of the year? Look at what he had to deal with this season. Constantly has to juggle his lineup and keep the team at an elite level. It's amazing that this team is 36-13 with all that's gone on with personnel so far. Nurse has done a great job.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sportsnet reporting that Kawhi just bought a house in San Diego.

Let the rampant and pointless handwringing begin!
The thing that makes this so pointless is, no one who works in LA is going to commute daily from San Diego. The practice facility for the Clippers is 2 and a half hour drive from San Diego. I'd also bet a ton of NBA players own off-season homes.

I'm not saying Kawhi is going to sign with the Raps and avoid the Clips, but the speculation based on this is pointless. Seriously, everytime an NHL player buys a cottage in the Muskoka's are we going to speculate on them signing in Toronto?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The thing that makes this so pointless is, no one who works in LA is going to commute daily from San Diego. The practice facility for the Clippers is 2 and a half hour drive from San Diego. I'd also bet a ton of NBA players own off-season homes.

I'm not saying Kawhi is going to sign with the Raps and avoid the Clips, but the speculation based on this is pointless. Seriously, everytime an NHL player buys a cottage in the Muskoka's are we going to speculate on them signing in Toronto?

Doesn't the Canadian hockey media already do that? :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Doesn't the Canadian hockey media already do that? :laugh:
Not really. If they bought a place in Toronto they would. Everyone knows pretty much every Ontario hockey players cottages up there, like every BC player cottages up in Kelowna. Now, if they buy a place in the actual GTA as JT did, it will get some talk. But, I don't think it has every happened over someone buying a cottage 2 and a half hours outside the city.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Yesterday's news is meaningless for all the reasons mentioned

DeMar bought a house in LA in 2014. Lots of people overreacted and then he re-signed with the Raptors
Kawhi spends his off-seasons in San Diego so why wouldn't he want to a purchase a place if he sees an investment opportunity or a better place for his family to live in

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I heard them say on the radio that Kobe used to commute via helicopter so Kawhi could easily do the same. That said, I agree that I wouldn't worry about this purchase too much either.

Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad