Raptors Discussion: v77| Season of Kawhi III: No Kawhi, no problem -or- the death & rebirth of Kyle Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
would anyone do og+delon+first+second for beal? Is that even a fair offer?
Hi, Wizards fan here. There is really no fair trade offer to be had from the Raps. There's one player that would work as the main piece but you guys would immediately shut that idea down anyways.

Reactions: ER89

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Those that are concerned about us playing close games against weaker teams
Keep in mind, we were blowing out teams last season and how'd that workout for us in the playoffs?
Also, we've played close games without a fully healthy roster

Reactions: stickty111

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I've watched several OKC games this season, seems like every time, Paul George and Steven Adams are covering up for Westbrook's questionable shot selections

There are 6 legit MVP candidates this season

Harden, Giannis, George, Curry, Jokic and LeBron

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Is Lowry playing at a heightened weight compared to last year? He doesn’t look to be in the greatest shape ..I realize he’s been injured though.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Is Lowry playing at a heightened weight compared to last year? He doesn’t look to be in the greatest shape ..I realize he’s been injured though.
Yeah, he said his conditioning isnt the best right now and thats one of the reasons he played vs the Suns.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Raps outscored the Grizz 45-14 in the 3rd quarter, Green matched his career high with 8 threes, and CJ Miles has had another solid game.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I was impressed with Mccaw tonight

He's very active defensively, and makes the correct passes on offence

Good to great games by pretty much everyone on our team other than 2 players

Green hitting those 3s gave me flashbacks of him in the NBA finals against the Heat

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
green hit more 3s this game than Demar has the entire season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I've watched several OKC games this season, seems like every time, Paul George and Steven Adams are covering up for Westbrook's questionable shot selections

There are 6 legit MVP candidates this season

Harden, Giannis, George, Curry, Jokic and LeBron

you're forgetting about the best player on the best team in the league, who is top 5 in scoring and elite defensively.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
you're forgetting about the best player on the best team in the league, who is top 5 in scoring and elite defensively.

Kawhi has played like a top 5 player but he's not a top MVP candidate this season

If the Raptors struggled without Kawhi then we're probably having a different conversation but we're 10-2 without him including wins again Indiana, GS, LAC, LAL and Utah

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kawhi has played like a top 5 player but he's not a top MVP candidate this season

If the Raptors struggled without Kawhi then we're probably having a different conversation but we're 10-2 without him including wins again Indiana, GS, LAC, LAL and Utah

best player on the best team in the league.

top-5 offensive player in the league, maybe the best defensive player in the league.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Kawhi is definitely a top 3 MVP candidate this year. It's gunna be him, Giannis or Harden unless Lebron comes back and gets the Lakers to a top 4 seed.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Absolutely. If I'm a Wizards fan, I want Siakam. If not, then discussion ends.
Honestly I still wouldn't do it even for Siakam as the main piece. I think Beal does way more for us than Siakam would. Pure value wise it's probably about right though.

you're forgetting about the best player on the best team in the league
He actually did mention Steph Curry.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Kawhi is definitely a top 3 MVP candidate this year. It's gunna be him, Giannis or Harden unless Lebron comes back and gets the Lakers to a top 4 seed.

He's not ahead of any of the players listed.

Just an example:

Without Steph Curry, GS is 5-6, with Steph Curry, GS is 27-8. So when we talk about how much better Golden State is with Curry then without Curry, the records back it up.

PPG: 29.8
APG: 5.4
RPG: 5.2
TS%: .667
PER: 26.9
NET ORTG: +14.6 (#1 in the league!)
RPM: 6.01 (ranked 5th)

Is Leonard a better player than Curry? Yes. Is Leonard more valuable to the Raps than Curry is to Golden State this season? No. Numbers back it up.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Honestly I still wouldn't do it even for Siakam as the main piece. I think Beal does way more for us than Siakam would. Pure value wise it's probably about right though.

He actually did mention Steph Curry.

That's why making trades are so difficult

As a Raptors fan, I wouldn't trade Siakam + for Beal
As a Wizards fan, I could also understand not wanting to trade Beal for Siakam +

As for MVP talks, people lose sight that being the better player and being more valuable to your team than another player would be to theirs are not parallel

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
That's why making trades are so difficult

As a Raptors fan, I wouldn't trade Siakam + for Beal
As a Wizards fan, I could also understand not wanting to trade Beal for Siakam +

As for MVP talks, people lose sight that being the better player and being more valuable to your team than another player would be to theirs are not parallel[/QUOTE]

You make an interesting point there. I'm not sure what the actual wording of the award is (and don't care enough to find out!).

Raps depth and their ability to win when Kawhi is being rested counts against him being MVP.

Does this mean if we want him to stay, we should tank a few when he rests to help him get the award? Crazy world....

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
It's funny how people think the raps can be 1st overall in the league with no MVP candidate, no 2nd option, and mediocre depth.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
He's not ahead of any of the players listed.

Just an example:

Without Steph Curry, GS is 5-6, with Steph Curry, GS is 27-8. So when we talk about how much better Golden State is with Curry then without Curry, the records back it up.

PPG: 29.8
APG: 5.4
RPG: 5.2
TS%: .667
PER: 26.9
NET ORTG: +14.6 (#1 in the league!)
RPM: 6.01 (ranked 5th)

Is Leonard a better player than Curry? Yes. Is Leonard more valuable to the Raps than Curry is to Golden State this season? No. Numbers back it up.
The MVP typically doesn't go to stacked teams where 2 guys are top 5 players. Lebron only won his 2 mvp's in Miami when Wade regressed and wasn't healthy anymore. There's no way Curry is going to win MVP until Durant is gone from there.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
The MVP typically doesn't go to stacked teams where 2 guys are top 5 players. Lebron only won his 2 mvp's in Miami when Wade regressed and wasn't healthy anymore. There's no way Curry is going to win MVP until Durant is gone from there.

Names look pretty and all but Curry runs that team
Everyone knows without Curry, it's a lot of KD ISO ball

You think 5-6 is a small sample size?
Warriors were 17-14 without Curry last season. With Curry, 41-10!

Curry is an MVP candidate and numbers back it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad