Raptors Discussion: v77| Season of Kawhi III: No Kawhi, no problem -or- the death & rebirth of Kyle Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I can understand why Matthews would not want to come to Toronto. He will probably get a starting job in Indiana or be the six man. As for Ellington, not sure why he would want to go to Detroit when they will be a first round exit this year if make the playoffs at all.

What other candidates are there for buyouts? Does Zach Randolph help us now that we got rid of JV and Monroe? Still puzzled by the Monroe trade. Especially if we are getting nothing back. I thought he did his job well and knew his role.

Cuts cap I guess. Not much, but I guess they like cheaper options.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The more I'm watching The Jump, the more I'm realizing that Tracy McGrady is not cut out to be a media talking head. He's just not good at it.

I think Nik Stauskas might a guy Masai is targetting

I thought he might be an intriguing guy as the 12th man on the bench and designated shooter.

The other name that hasn't had any real play on the buyout market, but is my quiet hope: Vince Carter?

Reactions: al secord

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The more I'm watching The Jump, the more I'm realizing that Tracy McGrady is not cut out to be a media talking head. He's just not good at it.

I thought he might be an intriguing guy as the 12th man on the bench and designated shooter.

The other name that hasn't had any real play on the buyout market, but is my quiet hope: Vince Carter?

Is Atlanta buying him out?

I've been a fan of giving VC one last run on the Raps. Not a key guy, but could you imagine this team making a run to the finals with Carter on the bench? Could help heal a lot of wounds.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
"I have no idea what's going on, but I recognize those names I've heard before, and I'm upset."

Wait until you see those posters watch Marc Gasol play for the first time in their lives. Their minds will be blown watching what a stud all-around C (not to mention the 2nd best passing C in the league) will do for us on both ends of the court.

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is Atlanta buying him out?

I've been a fan of giving VC one last run on the Raps. Not a key guy, but could you imagine this team making a run to the finals with Carter on the bench? Could help heal a lot of wounds.

There hasn't been any word on it happening, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me. Atlanta clearly isn't going anywhere and maybe they would entertain the idea of doing right by him and giving him one last shot to get that ring. And really, as a guy who could provide veteran leadership, hit the 3, and still defend some wings, he would fit several needs for the Raptors. And then yeah, there'd be all the feels from a reunion and chance to get past some of the lingering acrimony from the fans.

Reactions: Clark4Ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad