Raptors Discussion: v77| Season of Kawhi III: No Kawhi, no problem -or- the death & rebirth of Kyle Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
There have been so many great storylines for the Raps so far this season.

The emergence of Siakam on the offensive side of the court is huge, and he still hasn't reached his ceiling.

Ibaka playing the best basketball of his career.

Kawhi playing at an MVP level when he plays, and the Raps not missing a beat when he doesn't.

Lowry morphing into an all-world distributor in Nurse's offense, likely being helped by the absence of his buddy Demar.

Firing the "Coach of the Year", and hiring a rookie coach with a chance to win the same award this year.

JV accepting his role off the bench, and being able to carry the load for stretches when our offense isn't clicking.

Hell, even the American media which has long been the bane of these threads, is giving the Raps respect (not that that really matters).

I hope everyone enjoys this ride to the fullest while it lasts - it's never been this bright in Raptors land before.

For the first time in my life, I have been watching more Raptors games than Leafs games this season, even though the Leafs are really good as well.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Joakim Noah says he was "too lit" for New York and that's why his Knicks tenure sucked.

What the **** does that even mean?

Does he even know what the **** that means?

:laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also on "The Jump", Scottie Pippen thinks that the Lakers adding Trevor Ariza would make them "an instant contender"

Scottie, Scottie, Scottie. Bro. No. Stop. No.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
JV’s injury sucks, he was playing games SO well, and our bench has been struggling this year, they need him. At least we still have a pretty good C rotation in Ibaka/Monroe though. Hopefully JV’s back in a month.

Overall the team has been amazing, my favourite Raps season ever so far. Think our biggest weakness is our bench, and IMO the main issue there is our bench wings - Delon has been meh, and CJ has been crazy bad. If we could somehow pick up a solid bench SF (OG has been mostly playing stretch 4), IMO that’d improve our bench a lot, and fix our main weakness. Any options out there? I guess a bench PF could work too, as we could move OG to SF.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
JV’s injury sucks, he was playing games SO well, and our bench has been struggling this year, they need him. At least we still have a pretty good C rotation in Ibaka/Monroe though. Hopefully JV’s back in a month.

Overall the team has been amazing, my favourite Raps season ever so far. Think our biggest weakness is our bench, and IMO the main issue there is our bench wings - Delon has been meh, and CJ has been crazy bad. If we could somehow pick up a solid bench SF (OG has been mostly playing stretch 4), IMO that’d improve our bench a lot, and fix our main weakness. Any options out there? I guess a bench PF could work too, as we could move OG to SF.

Justin Holiday
He's one player I really want

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

If the Bulls buyout Parker and we can get him cheap then that could be a decent spark plug off the bench. Helps the offence from the bench but not so much on D, but I trust Nurse that he could make it work. Silly that the Bulls signed the guy for 20 mil a season and now he doesn't play at all.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
If the Bulls buyout Parker and we can get him cheap then that could be a decent spark plug off the bench. Helps the offence from the bench but not so much on D, but I trust Nurse that he could make it work. Silly that the Bulls signed the guy for 20 mil a season and now he doesn't play at all.

I wouldn't want Parker even if it's for free
His overall impact comes from being a high usage scorer but other than that, he doesn't really bring anything else to the table

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Parker sucks. he's the DeRozan of big men. But like the bad version of DeRozan that can't do anything but score.

So... change of analogy: He's the Andrew Wiggins of big men.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Parker sucks. he's the DeRozan of big men. But like the bad version of DeRozan that can't do anything but score.

So... change of analogy: He's the Andrew Wiggins of big men.

Him and Current Carmelo Anthony (if he were playing) are similar players. Inefficient volume scorers that provide nothing else.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
We've played poor all game, no denying it. But VanVleet killed the comeback with that idiocy. No need to rush to try and tie the game up there with over a minute left. Why he didn't slow down the ball to set up an actual play I'll never know.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I taught nhl refs were bad but every time I watch the NBA I remember how bad they are. Kawhi getting mauled in the 4th quarter no call.

Portland playing the game of their lifes with bench players like Curry and Stauskas hitting every shot

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We can compensate without Kawhi in the lineup, but without Lowry, we're noticeably weaker. Gotta priorotize keeping him well rested and healthy for the playoffs.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Wizards have an agreement in principle to acquire Trevor Ariza from the Phoenix Suns for Kelly Oubre Jr. and Austin Rivers, a person familiar with the deal said Saturday.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because it had not been announced by either team.

Ariza, 33, returns to Washington, where he played the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons. The 6-foot-8, 215-pound swingman is averaging 9.9 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 26 games with the Suns this season.

To get Ariza, the Wizards gave up the 23-year-old Oubre, who they wouldn’t part with in a potential trade for Jimmy Butler earlier this fall. Oubre was the 15th overall pick in 2015 and is averaging 12.9 points per game in his fourth NBA season.

Rivers goes to Phoenix after Washington had just acquired the 26-year-old from the Los Angeles Clippers over the summer.

The Wizards landed Ariza directly from the Suns after a reported three-way trade involving the Memphis Grizzlies fell apart late Saturday night. Rivers was not aware of the details after a loss at Brooklyn but believed he was departing.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

Starters could be Wright-Green-Leonard-OG-Ibaka
Bench as Brown-Richardson-Miles-Boucher-Monroe

Keep in mind, Denver is missing Harris, Barton, Isaiah Thomas, Millsap, Porter (if you count him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad