Raptors Discussion: v77| Season of Kawhi III: No Kawhi, no problem -or- the death & rebirth of Kyle Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Siakam >>> Bosh

No doubt in my mind.

I "liked" Chris Bosh, but I "LOVE" Siakam.

There similar in some ways - good scorers who are at the almost-elite-but-not-quite level. But Siakam is quicker and he's still improving. He's caught Bosh and is passing him as we watch.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
would anyone do og+delon+first+second for beal? Is that even a fair offer?

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Prime Bosh on this team would make them favourites to win it all. Siakam is not better than Bosh lmao. Bosh is pretty much the perfect big man for today's game: clutch, efficient, can routinely hit the 3, great defender.

Lowry
Green
Leonard
Siakam
Bosh

That team would be up there with GS assuming prime Bosh.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Prime Bosh on this team would make them favourites to win it all. Siakam is not better than Bosh lmao. Bosh is pretty much the perfect big man for today's game: clutch, efficient, can routinely hit the 3, great defender.

Lowry
Green
Leonard
Siakam
Bosh

That team would be up there with GS assuming prime Bosh.

I agree 100%. Siakam isn't as good as Bosh but he could be, they are different types of player. If he can develop a a pull-up jumper he's a perennial All-Star, if that can somehow extend beyond the line then he's a top 10 sort of player. Without the shooting off the dribble the best he can be is Ben Simmons with a fraction of the playmaking ability. I think the Raps are one of the best at developing talent though so I have high hopes his shooting takes Demar level improvements over the next couple seasons. The 3 will be the ???

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I agree 100%. Siakam isn't as good as Bosh but he could be, they are different types of player. If he can develop a a pull-up jumper he's a perennial All-Star, if that can somehow extend beyond the line then he's a top 10 sort of player. Without the shooting off the dribble the best he can be is Ben Simmons with a fraction of the playmaking ability. I think the Raps are one of the best at developing talent though so I have high hopes his shooting takes Demar level improvements over the next couple seasons. The 3 will be the ???
I love Siakam, I think he's gotta have the ball in his hands to create as opposed to Lowry. There's just a little disrespect going on for Bosh. In terms of Raptor tenure, he's the second best player they've had/debatable with prime lowry being close imo. Obviously Kawhi is the better player as well but he's only been playing here for a few months.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Even without Kawhi, last night's game was way too close for comfort. We have to learn to put teams away with a big lead, especially bottom dwellers.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Even without Kawhi, last night's game was way too close for comfort. We have to learn to put teams away with a big lead, especially bottom dwellers.

I was just wondering, is anybody concerned that they had to eek out victories against Wash and Phoenix? Or it's nothing to be alarmed by?

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I was just wondering, is anybody concerned that they had to eek out victories against Wash and Phoenix? Or it's nothing to be alarmed by?
Lowry is trash now, the sooner the Raptors realize that the better. I'm no Raptors fan but Lowry's moodiness after the trade of DD has been hilarious considering his play. You're not playing like a star to be grumpy at the GM and be overly emotional/prickly.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm concerned with it as this isnt an isolated occurance. We have seem several times throughout the season where weaker teams are finding ways to get back into games despite trailing by 10+ points. Sharpe defense will help but also preventing the prolonged offensive droughts. It was a problem against Boston as the Raps would go miniutes and only get 1-2 baskets.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
would anyone do og+delon+first+second for beal? Is that even a fair offer?

I would not do that, little bit to steep a price for me. The only way I would think to give up that much would be if management new 100% Kawhi was out after this season and we needed to put all the eggs in for a run this year.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Lowry is trash now, the sooner the Raptors realize that the better. I'm no Raptors fan but Lowry's moodiness after the trade of DD has been hilarious considering his play. You're not playing like a star to be grumpy at the GM and be overly emotional/prickly.

Still a top-7 PG in the NBA, playing hurt, at the age of 32.

Shout out to all the trash out there in these streets.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Last night I was not too concerned, on the back to back against a quick on the rise team in the Suns. Obviously was too close for comfort but I expect they put them away easier with Kawhi and more energy (not that energy is the greatest excuse). Also i liked the way it puts players in these tight situations where they may need to step up, especially with Kawhi out of the lineup. These are kind of games we are going to play as the playoffs go deeper, might as well get everyone accustomed to them.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

You wouldn’t be saying this if you looked at Lowry’s on/off stats this season lol. Going from him to FVV/Wright is still a massive disadvantage for this team.

Reactions: stickty111

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Still a top-7 PG in the NBA, playing hurt, at the age of 32.

Shout out to all the trash out there in these streets.
Paying Lowry $31 million to be the 7th best point guard in the game? When he's on the way down and there's countless others on the way up? He's not going to be a top 7 PG for long. Good luck with that.

Paying your 32 year old point guard $31 million to put up .416 fg%, .313 from deep, and an eFG% of .507? Again good luck with that.

Lowry's been injured in the past during his tenure in Toronto and his numbers have never dropped to where it is now. If the Raptors are going to get out of the East, they need Lowry to play like he has in years past, what he's doing now isn't gunna cut it.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
You wouldn’t be saying this if you looked at Lowry’s on/off stats this season lol. Going from him to FVV/Wright is still a massive disadvantage for this team.
That speaks more to the regression of those 2 players more than anything. As well as on/off stats. Lowry mainly plays with the first unit while the other 2 are leading the bench which hasn't been as strong as last year so far. It stands to reason that Lowry is going to have a bump playing with the starting unit compared to FVV/Wright playing with the second unit.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
That speaks more to the regression of those 2 players more than anything. As well as on/off stats. Lowry mainly plays with the first unit while the other 2 are leading the bench which hasn't been as strong as last year so far. It stands to reason that Lowry is going to have a bump playing with the starting unit compared to FVV/Wright playing with the second unit.

Lowry on average this season performs better than his opponents with any person in our 10 man rotation (this excludes Miles).

It's alright to say that he's struggling with his shot, and we have in fact seen this from him before (2014-2015). He also has the lowest usage rate in his Raps tenure and has functioned primarily as a facilitator. Honestly, I'm kind of struggling seeing someone praise John Wall for being an even worse version of current Lowry, and yet attacking Lowry for not shooting like he previously did the past couple of seasons.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Lowry on average this season performs better than his opponents with any person in our 10 man rotation (this excludes Miles).

It's alright to say that he's struggling with his shot, and we have in fact seen this from him before (2014-2015). He also has the lowest usage rate in his Raps tenure and has functioned primarily as a facilitator. Honestly, I'm kind of struggling seeing someone praise John Wall for being an even worse version of current Lowry, and yet attacking Lowry for not shooting like he previously did the past couple of seasons.

I gotta admit I start to tune out whenever I begin to see any defense of John Wall

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

I never praised John Wall if you're referring to what I said earlier this week, I just said that it's funny to see the perception between him and Kyrie. One having played with a GOAT candidate and the other being the leader of his own team his entire career.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

hot take. lowry is a star and the stuff about DD is overblown. hes just playing the media like a fiddle for his own amusement.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I never praised John Wall if you're referring to what I said earlier this week, I just said that it's funny to see the perception between him and Kyrie. One having played with a GOAT candidate and the other being the leader of his own team his entire career.

One can shoot the lights out while the other can barely shoot himself out of a wet paper bag. The perception between the two has nothing to do with Lebron, John Wall is a cancer who isn't on the same level as Kyrie and I'm no fan of Kyrie. He can be a leader of his own team all he wants but I think saying so is being real liberal with the word 'leader'

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
hot take. lowry is a star and the stuff about DD is overblown. hes just playing the media like a fiddle for his own amusement.

It's obvious that Kyle is a super competitive guy that really wants to win so I am sure he realizes that having Leonard on the team increases his chances to win as opposed to having his best bud.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Why is this Lowry angry about trade angle still a story that needs to be discussed?

He gets along extremely well with his teammates, he gives it his all on the court (regardless of whether he's struggling with his shot or not) and he continues to be an ambassador for the city

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
It's obvious that Kyle is a super competitive guy that really wants to win so I am sure he realizes that having Leonard on the team increases his chances to win as opposed to having his best bud.

Yeah, I think Kyle got over the loss of DD some time in October or November.

They were really close, and Masai seemed to have lied to DD's face and I think that really bugged Kyle.

Now he's realizing that i) it wasn't Kawhi's fault, ii) Kawhi's a decent guy, iii) Kawhi's really an elite player. So he's moving on from his anger. I'm sure he and DD will still be buds forever, but now he's back to thinking more about the team and himself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad