Raptors Discussion: v77| Season of Kawhi III: No Kawhi, no problem -or- the death & rebirth of Kyle Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
A scrub at least won't create a distraction though. Wall and his antics are a huge part of why the Wizards have a fractured locker room. You're not just trading for the bad contract (like with Mozgov). You're trading for the bad contract AND the off-court headaches.

Guaranteed, Butler is going to get a max contract this off-season and his off court issues are worse.

I think some team will gamble on an all star player like Wall and will believe he needs a fresh start.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Guaranteed, Butler is going to get a max contract this off-season and his off court issues are worse.

I think some team will gamble on an all star player like Wall and will believe he needs a fresh start.

Butler can actually play though.

Wall is on a pretty bad decline and isn't a consistent scoring threat on his own.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Butler can actually play though.

Wall is on a pretty bad decline and isn't a consistent scoring threat on his own.

I agree that he has declined a bit

However, he's still 28, an all-star and a top 12 PG in the league

I think teams that struggle to land big FAs will be interested in him. Phoenix and Orlando are 2 teams that come to mind right away.

I'm not saying it's a good idea but he's not untradeable

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I agree that he has declined a bit

However, he's still 28, an all-star and a top 12 PG in the league

I think teams that struggle to land big FAs will be interested in him. Phoenix and Orlando are 2 teams that come to mind right away.

I'm not saying it's a good idea but he's not untradeable

I agree completely with that sentiment.

An off market team like phoenix or the hornets if Kemba leaves for example.

Teams that immediately get ignored by a player like Wall could be very appealing. Even if he doesn't round back into form, if hes a very good starting pointguard with speed and athleticism, you can do a lot with that + tons of young talent.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Wall is honestly a similar caliber point guard to Kyrie IMO. At their best they can be the second best player on a championship team. Wall is actually one of the better pure point guards in the league. It's funny how the players you play with or lack there of can determine how people view you across the league.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Wall is honestly a similar caliber point guard to Kyrie IMO. At their best they can be the second best player on a championship team. Wall is actually one of the better pure point guards in the league. It's funny how the players you play with or lack there of can determine how people view you across the league.

Funny, I see Wall as the biggest problem on that club and a cancer I wouldn't want anywhere near my team, regardless of which team that was

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Funny, I see Wall as the biggest problem on that club and a cancer I wouldn't want anywhere near my team, regardless of which team that was
Unless you're actually in the locker room nothing can be known for certainty regarding who the problem is. Some people consider Kyrie the same when he didn't talk to anyone on the cavs in the playoffs during his last season, demanding a trade, mouthing off about the players on Boston right now, etc. It's funny how the team success you have dictates how you're viewed in the league. If Lebron had joined the Wizards and Wall back in 2014, I think the way we view Kyrie and Wall would be reversed.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'd say most people have Irving in their top 3-5 while Wall 8-10

Well currently speaking that wouldn't be wrong. Wall is Westbrook levels of inefficiency without being nearly as impactful on both ends of the floor. At least Irving is arguably a top 3 shooter at the guard positions.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I hope we spank these Celtics tonight. It would be so "Toronto", though, to lose to a team that is reeling. Already lost to the Nets when they had that terrible losing streak earlier.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Bench is just atrocious. Powell has played pretty well but everybody else is just junk.

VanVleet is just so bad defensively. Rozier is breaking him down and putting our defense in all sorts of bad situations.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Well currently speaking that wouldn't be wrong. Wall is Westbrook levels of inefficiency without being nearly as impactful on both ends of the floor. At least Irving is arguably a top 3 shooter at the guard positions.
Irving hasn't really done much despite his talent however. He's a great shooter that plays pg. In terms of actually being a point guard, he's bad at it. He's a ball-stopper, and he's the point guard to boot. On a team like the Cavs that can make up for that because of Lebron's passing, it works. When you have a bunch of talented players like the Celtics do but no real pecking order, it doesn't. The Celtics are far too talented for their record and their play.

Efficiency also is impacted by the caliber of players surrounding you. Wall has always been the best player on the Wizards and has been the main point of concern of defensive game plans. It's a little different when you play with great talent because teams can't load up to stop you.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Pretty sure we just missed about 4 shots at the post within about 2 seconds there. Impressive.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Irving hasn't really done much despite his talent however. He's a great shooter that plays pg. In terms of actually being a point guard, he's bad at it. He's a ball-stopper, and he's the point guard to boot. On a team like the Cavs that can make up for that because of Lebron's passing, it works. When you have a bunch of talented players like the Celtics do but no real pecking order, it doesn't. The Celtics are far too talented for their record and their play.

Efficiency also is impacted by the caliber of players surrounding you. Wall has always been the best player on the Wizards and has been the main point of concern of defensive game plans. It's a little different when you play with great talent because teams can't load up to stop you.

That's like arguing that Curry isn't the best PG in the league because he's really a 2 guard. And to suggest Kyrie is the reason why the Celtics have not been playing up to their expectations this season is doing a disservice to him. He has easily been their best player this year, and along with Morris and Smart, one of the few who has actually been trying to get them out of their scuffle.

Let's also not act like Wall hasn't had Beal and Porter, who have been predominantly efficient scorers the last few seasons, and have continued to do so in Wall's absence this month (with Beal performing even better than before).

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Irving is so good offensively. Almost unstoppable at times. On the defensive side he is absolutely atrocious but the Celtics can kind of hide is defensive defiencies

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Nurse should never call timeouts to “draw up a play”. The looks we get are just horrible. Would rather just keep flowing

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Ive always had a hard time understanding why opponents shake hands after games. I would never shake somebody’s hand after a playoff type game like that( once the series is over I understand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->