Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I have a good feeling about the Lowry-Leonard relationship.

Just like Kawhi, Demar was an introvert, kept everything to himself before meeting Kyle. Kyle had a really calming and comforting effect on Demar and allowed him to get out of his bubble and show his real personality. Let's see if he has the same effect on Kawhi. Would not be surprised one bit if we start seeing the "real" Kawhi once he gets comfortable with Kyle and co.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
im sure Lowry has 0problems with Kawhi since Lowry actively tried to join the Spurs during UFA

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Can't wait for tonight's game!!

Herbie: And starting at forward, from San Diego State, the unstoppable claw, KAWHIII LEONARRD!!!!

Fans: MVP, MVP, MVP!!!!

Does he travel for these preseason games? I figured they'd just use the Rogers Arena pa guy. Maybe even the one that used to do Grizzlies pa work if he's still around.

Also no Kawhi Jr. tonight. Sportsnet just sent me an alert saying OG Is out for tonight's game.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Does he travel for these preseason games? I figured they'd just use the Rogers Arena pa guy. Maybe even the one that used to do Grizzlies pa work if he's still around.

Also no Kawhi Jr. tonight. Sportsnet just sent me an alert saying OG Is out for tonight's game.

I doubt it. Just my wishful thinking

I heard OG's father sadly passed a few days ago

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Kawhi with only 12 points, 3 assists, and 1 rebound while shooting <40%.

Is it too late to rescind the trade? Because DeRozan could've done this with a whole lot less of a sideshow around him about his eventual free agency :sarcasm:

Reactions: al secord

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Seeing JV doing a one man fast break was something else. The euro step was just an added bonus. :laugh:

Every year for the past few seasons I go into the season prepared to start disliking JV because I fear that the slow march of progress in the NBA's playstyle will continue to outpace the evolution of his game and make him an ill-fitting, lumbering dinosaur. And every year he seems to do just enough to stay relevant even if he's one of the last of a dying breed.

So... kudos, Jonas. You magnificent Lithuanian bastard.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Well, Kawhi played really well. It was the bench mob, which uncharacteristically faltered.

Sooooo, dino championship is still going to happen. :D

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I'm not a fan of Nurse's suggestion that he'll keep his starting lineup fluid throughout the season

I do think that at some point, you want chemistry between players to develop and roles to be defined

Also, I really hope Monroe is our 3rd string center. He has no business being in our rotation

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Really disappointing this is still not done. Willy is a big part of this team but if the team shows he isn't missed than willy loses some leverage if he has any.

Well that's certainly an interesting idea. Willy keeps holding out but instead of sitting at home or playing in the KHL, he plays for the Raptors instead!

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I know butler coming here is a long shot and all but would the raptors have the pieces to match or beat a Richardson + Abedayo+ pick offer the wolves want from the heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad