Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
What a great game by the Raps!
What's scary is how good our team can be both offensively and defensively, unlike previous seasons

Ibaka, Kawhi, Lowry and Green were the stars for our team tonight
Good games from FVV and OG

To be fair, Raptors had the #2 offence and #5 defence last year but I agree that something about this feels very different. It's a true defence less than a well coached one where you don't have to hide anybody on the floor and where your best scorers are also your best defenders making these toe-to-toe match ups so much better to watch. The most noticeable difference is that our starting unit is clearly our best unit on both ends.

Reactions: 780il

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Kyle looks like he drank from the fountain of youth
200.gif

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
The biggest difference IMO is the defense.When you bring guys in like Green and Leonard who have championship pedigree its going to make a major difference.It also helps when your best player can guard as good as anybody in the game.Lowry also looks very good and more explosive then last year but i'd like Nurse to give him the rest he needs during the season.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Kawhi is resting tonight. I think it's a smart move long term, but it could also be viewed as a bad thing. Like he can not handle a back-to-back. It's the 3rd game of the season and you're already resting him. I get why they are doing it, though.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Leonard is just crazy. His 10/25 shooting games are still so impactful. He really does change the game

This team legit has championship potential.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Leonard is just crazy. His 10/25 shooting games are still so impactful. He really does change the game

This team legit has championship potential.
Freaking great team with a lot of potential.

But imo as long as the Warriors are around, nobody is coming close to their crown. Especially after adding Boogie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad