Confirmed with Link: Adam Engström signs 3 year ELC

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Will be interesting to se what will be the strating lineup for defense next season. Who will play play with Habs and what will the Rocket look like.

Is Engstrom playing on his offside?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Will be interesting to se what will be the strating lineup for defense next season. Who will play play with Habs and what will the Rocket look like.

Is Engstrom playing on his offside?
My prediction,

Montreal:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron/one of two other dmen from Harris, Struble, Kovacevic
Barron, the other of the 2 other dmen we keep from Harris, Struble, Kovacevic

(barring a trade or two, I think we start the season with 8 D, 13 forwards, and 2 goalies)

Laval:

Trudeau - Mailloux
Engstrom - Reinbacher
Bisson - Galipeau

But it's early in the offseason. If Hughes trades a lot of dmen, Reinbacher or Mailloux could be in Montreal. Also, maybe Struble starts in Laval.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Very curious to see how fast he shows maturity and moves up the stacked D group we have. I'm sure he knows he has a hill to climb. This is great news for development... We don't have to rush guys and their is competition. Nobody gets spoiled or inserted into spots due to lack of depth like before.

A lot of us know about him but many Habs fans do not.

Last edited:

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
My prediction,

Montreal:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron/one of two other dmen from Harris, Struble, Kovacevic
Barron/one of two other dmen from Harris, Struble, Kovacevic

Laval:

Trudeau - Mailloux
Engstrom - Reinbacher
Bisson - Galipeau

But it's early in the offseason. If Hughes trades a lot of dmen, Reinbacher or Mailloux could be in Montreal. Also, maybe Struble starts in Laval.
So crowded. That's just insane.

I can't see Hugues not trading one or two of them.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Welcome Engstrom.

The LHDs are so stacked.:laugh:

This was expected, but still nice to be done.

Kapanen probably resolved when the world's is over?
Probably or later during the summer. There is probably some negotiating with his dad Timra and it's not like it needs to be done before July 1st.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The defensive prospect depth just keeps getting deeper. 92nd overall has a chance to become a steal based on how he has progressed. This is a terrific signing. Kapanen next please.

Yes, Kapanen needs to be signed as well. Just allow him to go back to Europe if he don't make the Habs. Would be nice to have him play in the AHL but he can still develop in Europe and continue his progression.

Will be interesting to see where Beck and Kapanen round out at. Someone like Evans has to wonder. One more year left at $1.7M and you have to assume he would like to sign a bigger deal on his next contract. Should show up very energized next season.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Hopefully he doesn't bust like all our other former Swedish hyped prospects!

It would be refreshing.
Nygren supposes to be better than Karlsson, and the other Swedish D supposes to be better than Bobby Orr :)

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Engstrom played great at RD this year apparently, so wouldn’t be surprised to see him competing for a spot there, between him Logan and DR one of them will win out there.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them keep trying him at RD in Laval if it isn’t him

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Team D prospects is stacked. Even in the AHL looks like the D squad will be full of good prospects. Engstrom might not get any pp time with Mailloux, Reinbacher, Hutson all there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad