Raptors Discussion: v70| It's off-season time (pre-season vs LAC from Hawaii: Sun Oct 1 @ 10pm ET/7pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
If they resign Ibaka, I'm cheering for another franchise.

Go for it lol. I can't see how there is any better option even when you remove all the hype and look at exactly what he brought to the table in a short stint trying to fit into the squad. He can defend the P&R, play the Pick & Pop, stretch the floor and defend the rim. That's literally exactly what we need in the 5 spot. Fit him beside a good rebounder at the 4, which aren't expensive, and we're set down low.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Go for it lol. I can't see how there is any better option even when you remove all the hype and look at exactly what he brought to the table in a short stint trying to fit into the squad. He can defend the P&R, play the Pick & Pop, stretch the floor and defend the rim. That's literally exactly what we need in the 5 spot. Fit him beside a good rebounder at the 4, which aren't expensive, and we're set down low.

Right?

Not many PFs fit that bill, especially his defense.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Right?

Not many PFs fit that bill, especially his defense.

"24" year old Serge Ibaka: PER: 19.6, TS%: .576, TR%: 15.0%, BLK%: 6.7%, WS/48: .173, VORP: 2.6, Ortg\Drtg: 115\102

If that guy is the one we're talking about, then absolutely. Sign me up for another 4-5 years. Unfortunately, its not that guy. Every single one of those statistics have deteriorated, steadily, over the last three years. His twenty-three games in Toronto were sub-par. His playoff performance was sub-par. 2017 produced the lowest VORP since his rookie season, and that was with his highest ever usage rate.

When a player is polite enough to wave the red flag this clearly and concisely, you thank him and send him on his way.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I can't be the only one looking for an explanation on this point.

Nope, I'm flabbergasted as well. :laugh:

Durant, is going to make some serious bank on his next contract. Even if he doesn't take the max (which he probably won't), he's still going to make some insane money. Not to mention, he has a ton of endorsement money as well.

Don't see him letting all of that go lol. I have no idea where op got this idea from.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I think Durant is answering his critics that he can perform in the big games.

Durant and Lebron are the worst things to happen to the NBA in my lifetime. This entire season should have just been a 7 game series between GS & Cleveland.

From my perspective, both of their "legacies" (which they care oh so much about) are in the toilet. I'll never like them, they've ruined the entertainment value of the NBA.

Not that I'll be watching, but I hope GS blows out Cleveland in game 4 to really hammer home the utter lack of drama, excitement, and suspense that this NBA season contained.

Durant sucks.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Durant and Lebron are the worst things to happen to the NBA in my lifetime. This entire season should have just been a 7 game series between GS & Cleveland.

From my perspective, both of their "legacies" (which they care oh so much about) are in the toilet. I'll never like them, they've ruined the entertainment value of the NBA.

Not that I'll be watching, but I hope GS blows out Cleveland in game 4 to really hammer home the utter lack of drama, excitement, and suspense that this NBA season contained.

Durant sucks.

Durant and Lebron are great players. Why blame them when NBA has been a superstar driven league. No he doesnt.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Durant and Lebron are great players. Why blame them when NBA has been a superstar driven league. No he doesnt.

Yeah LOL at Durant sucking.

The lack of drama sucks and I understand people being frustrated with the state of the affairs in the NBA today. That said, that was a helluva game last night, we had possibly the best player in NBA history giving his all against probably the best team in NBA history and wow, what a game. Too bad Cleveland couldn't pull it off somehow, would have made for another great matchup Sunday.

Edit - And from where I sit, watching Lebron who's possibly the best player in NBA history play is a treat. If anyone isn't entertained by that then I can only guess that they just don't have much of an appreciation for the game.

Last edited:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
If they resign Ibaka, I'm cheering for another franchise.

What about Masi does he receive immunity for the lack of improvement. And the Salary Cap that is out of control for a lackluster roster. And a head coach who is doing his cross America tour crying out for the Raps to sign Kyle, making sure it's all on Masi if the Raps fail to sign him.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I think history will be made. We will see the first ever comeback from being down 0-3 to win the series.

That would easily be the biggest comeback in pro sports history. Considering it's only happened 5 times ever, and out of those 5 times:

1. None of them were the NBA (1 MLB, 4 NHL)

2. Only one of them was in a finals (1942, Leafs over Red Wings).

Add to that the fact that it's much harder to come back from a deficit in basketball than it is in hockey given that a goalie can just get inexplicably hot in a way nothing else in basketball compares... yeah.

If the Warriors can't close out game 5, I'd be nervous.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Why? I wouldn't count out LBJ ever.

He's good but , wow, that be almost impossible to bet on. I think your burning your money. But I guess they play to win, so who knows.

I just think GS is soooo good. They probably were coasting a bit .

Now if Cleveland wins the next game , it will have my attention.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I think history will be made. We will see the first ever comeback from being down 0-3 to win the series.

That would mean refs allowed the Cavs to ragdoll Curry for 4 straight games, and with the home crowd, I can't see that happening (in a way, I expect them to get on the refs the same way the Raptors fans chanted "********", and rightfully so given the disparity in calls last night). I see a repeat of Game 1-2 where the Cavs are forced to give him space and try to beat him another way.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He's good but , wow, that be almost impossible to bet on. I think your burning your money. But I guess they play to win, so who knows.

I just think GS is soooo good. They probably were coasting a bit .

Now if Cleveland wins the next game , it will have my attention.

I am not actually betting on this :laugh: I do just have a gut feeling. It would be something to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad