Raptors Discussion: v70| It's off-season time (pre-season vs LAC from Hawaii: Sun Oct 1 @ 10pm ET/7pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Galanari will want more money than he opted out for wouldn't he? Around $16M? I doubt u pay a bench player that much.

He's not a bench player but he'll probably be more expensive then the role we'd use him for. It depends on a lot of things I guess but he wouldn't be a top target for me even if I'd be ok with it. My biggest concern is those knees and our terrible luck with injuries to our newly signed FAs

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Ya bad luck with Carroll and wasn't there another FA we had issues with? Besides that FA colangelo signed lol or maybe that guy was a restricted FA. What his name? I think we signed him to a 4-5 yr deal, he wasn't very good and spent most of the time on the bench.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Hedo. Hedo was bad.

I've softened on my "avoid Kyle because he's 31 and chubby" stance. Would now:
- Find a taker for JV ($15.4MM)
- Shoot Carroll into the sun ($14.8MM)
- Re-sign Kyle ($28MM)

- Try to acquire Alan Williams (RFA)
- Try to acquire Robert Covington
- Sign Joe Ingles
- Sign Tony Snell

1) Kyle
2) Demar
3) Ingles
3) Covington
5) Williams
6) CoJo
7) Powell
8) Snell
9) Siakim
10) Poeltl
11) Nogeira

Nogeira\Poeltl start against teams with actual 5's (i.e. Detroit) with Williams shifting to the 4.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Hedo. Hedo was bad.

I've softened on my "avoid Kyle because he's 31 and chubby" stance. Would now:
- Find a taker for JV ($15.4MM)
- Shoot Carroll into the sun ($14.8MM)
- Re-sign Kyle ($28MM)

- Try to acquire Alan Williams (RFA)
- Try to acquire Robert Covington
- Sign Joe Ingles
- Sign Tony Snell

1) Kyle
2) Demar
3) Ingles
3) Covington
5) Williams
6) CoJo
7) Powell
8) Snell
9) Siakim
10) Poeltl
11) Nogeira

Nogeira\Poeltl start against teams with actual 5's (i.e. Detroit) with Williams shifting to the 4.

LOL I'm 31 and chubby comment :laugh:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Here's hoping for an epic final, one that makes up for the waste of time which the rest of the season basically was.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
A sign and trade would only happen after the draft has already happened. Though I suppose some sort of promise to trade whatever player is drafted at #3 for a signed Lowry would be possible. However, that's way more value than anyone has gotten in the past for a sign and trade.

It is funny to imagine Lonzo Ball falling to three, the Sixers taking him. Having Lavar say "there's no way in hell he's going to Philadelphia", only to have the sign and trade executed a week later, to then hear Lavar say "there's no way in **** hell he's going to Canada." :laugh:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Report: Raptors, Amir Johnson have mutual interest in reunion
by Chris Walder 11m ago

https://www.thescore.com/news/1312107

After spending the past two seasons donning the green and white for the Boston Celtics, forward Amir Johnson could be on the verge of making his way back north of the border to re-join the organization where he found his most success.

The 30-year-old veteran is set to hit unrestricted free agency July 1, and there's reportedly mutual interest between he and the Toronto Raptors for a potential reunion, according to Sporting News' Sean Deveney.

The Raptors' priority, however, will be geared toward re-signing All-Star point guard Kyle Lowry and Serge Ibaka, who was acquired from the Orlando Magic ahead of February's trade deadline. Both P.J. Tucker and Patrick Patterson will also be unrestricted.

Last edited:

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Report: Raptors, Amir Johnson have mutual interest in reunion
by Chris Walder 11m ago

https://www.thescore.com/news/1312107

I haven't watched nearly as much basketball as I used to since that Brooklyn series where Amir was having the game of his life and fouled out on a ton of absurd calls. That game killed the NBA for me. And man, do I ever miss Amir but I can't see him being a huge need

one77

Dec 22, 2013
What about that rumour that Klay could maybe leave GS? Although I highly doubt it, he'd look awesome on the Raps...

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Is a sign and trade with Lowry to Philadelphia feasible? Imagine getting the 3rd overall pick, we could just draft Fox and start fresh at PG.

A signed Lowry is not worth the 3rd overall pick, let alone a UFA Lowry.

Sign and trades typically return late lottery picks. Look at what Cleveland got when LBJ took his talents to South Beach.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
What about that rumour that Klay could maybe leave GS? Although I highly doubt it, he'd look awesome on the Raps...

Seems a bit convenient that a rumour like that drops now.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a...happen-for-warriors-to-keep-durant-and-curry/

That's a older article but it explains some of what GS can do to fit KD in with Curry's massive pay raise. It does list Klay or Draymond moving as an option but an unlikely one at best. It may be that Klay wants a bigger role somewhere else but its hard see a guy wanting to walk away from a title winning team that he's locked into for a couple more seasons.

I'd say it's mostly hogwash

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Amir is still an advanced stats monster. Wouldn't mind bringing him back for the mid-level exception ($5.6MM) if he'd take it.

If we move JV and shift Ibaka to 5 than Amir becomes the type of PF you want in that 4 spot I think. He'd be a good mentor for Siakam too

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah there's no reason for them to move him. This is the league where a 25 minute player can get an 80m contract. Klay doesn't need to go fishing for a bigger role right now while he's winning, he can get that when he's a free agent.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Such a heart and soul guy! Real honest player. A warrior. Saying that, I have no idea if he makes us better or not. I leave that to you guys. :)

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

oakland, calif. -- toronto raptors point guard kyle lowry, soon to be a free agent, had a meeting with backcourt partner demar derozan and raptors coach dwane casey this week in the bay area, league sources tell espn.

the main impetus for the casey-led assembly is unclear, but the raptors are obviously under pressure to re-sign lowry, who is projected to be one of the most coveted free agents on this summer's market.

Among casey's objectives for the meeting, sources say, was to expose his players to the nba finals culture.

the meeting was significant enough that derozan flew in from los angeles for a day, a source said. Raptors reserve guard norman powell also attended the meeting, sources say.

Casey and powell went on to attend thursday night's game 1 of the finals between the golden state warriors and cleveland cavaliers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino