Raptors Discussion: v70| It's off-season time (pre-season vs LAC from Hawaii: Sun Oct 1 @ 10pm ET/7pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, not a huge fan of Ibaka. But theres no one else to get and the Raptors cant get that guy anyway with the cap situation. Just bring him back, and if you wanna blow it up, you hope some team will trade value for him off his name.

Theres no way he's 27/28 lol

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Congrats to KD and the Warriors.
Lebron now 3-5 in Finals. He doesnt belong in the same sentence as Jordan. Jordan is clearly better than him.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, Jordan never faced a team close to the Warriors level. AND 32 year old LeBron averaged a triple double against them (also first time ever in NBA finals history).

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Congrats to KD and the Warriors.
Lebron now 3-5 in Finals. He doesnt belong in the same sentence as Jordan. Jordan is clearly better than him.
What a stupid statement to make. Jordan has never faced a team like the Warriors.

And don't be surprised to see Lebron make the finals every year for the rest of his career. Jordan would never have been able to do that. AND average a triple double in the finals.

Never seen a top 2 player of all-time in any sport get as much hate as Lebron does. In my eyes, he's the GOAT. Don't care that he's 3-5 in the finals, that stat is so vague.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Moving on, Raptors need to make a huge splash and try to build a decent superteam to have any real chance next year. Trade for Paul George maybe?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What a stupid statement to make. Jordan has never faced a team like the Warriors.

And don't be surprised to see Lebron make the finals every year for the rest of his career. Jordan would never have been able to do that. AND average a triple double in the finals.

Never seen a top 2 player of all-time in any sport get as much hate as Lebron does. In my eyes, he's the GOAT. Don't care that he's 3-5 in the finals, that stat is so vague.

I agree that he's top 2 all-time, it's him and MJ and who's #1 between those two is close. The 3-5 finals records is actually good considering his team was the underdog in 6 of those finals.

He's such a well-rounded, unselfish and smart player that I think he will be good for many years to come. Not as good, even the great Lebron will decline with age but he's so smart that he should be able to adjust his game and get the most out of what he has left. Watching him play is such a treat. :)

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I agree that he's top 2 all-time, it's him and MJ and who's #1 between those two is close. The 3-5 finals records is actually good considering his team was the underdog in 6 of those finals.

He's such a well-rounded, unselfish and smart player that I think he will be good for many years to come. Not as good, even the great Lebron will decline with age but he's so smart that he should be able to adjust his game and get the most out of what he has left. Watching him play is such a treat. :)
Completely agreed

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Moving on, Raptors need to make a huge splash and try to build a decent superteam to have any real chance next year. Trade for Paul George maybe?

Just a random thought here since Lebron would never sign here or leave the U.S. but if he really wanted a ego boost signing with the Raptors would certainly give him one. You would have an entire city and nearly an entire country behind him and the Raps especially if he could carry them to the finals. That would be a impressive feat to add to his already accomplished career (leading a basketball charge in Canada). But it's all for not because it's a pipe dream.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Just a random thought here since Lebron would never sign here or leave the U.S. but if he really wanted a ego boost signing with the Raptors would certainly give him one. You would have an entire city and nearly an entire country behind him and the Raps especially if he could carry them to the finals. That would be a impressive feat to add to his already accomplished career (leading a basketball charge in Canada). But it's all for not because it's a pipe dream.

Lebron is Cleveland or LA. nothing else

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I would laugh so hard if the Sixers took Ball instead of Fultz so that it would **** over the Lakers (for whom Ball is a better fit than Fultz) and Ball's stupid dad (who's dead-set on his son landing in big-market LA and would probably have a coronary if he went to a team like Philly that's been a garbage dump for the last 5 years)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I would laugh so hard if the Sixers took Ball instead of Fultz so that it would **** over the Lakers (for whom Ball is a better fit than Fultz) and Ball's stupid dad (who's dead-set on his son landing in big-market LA and would probably have a coronary if he went to a team like Philly that's been a garbage dump for the last 5 years)

76ers might be looking to jump past the Lakers in order to take Josh Jackson.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
76ers might be looking to jump past the Lakers in order to take Josh Jackson.

Fultz will have a last minute meeting/workout with BC and the 76ers today. It seems like they have an agreement in place to take Fultz 1st overall once the pick swap is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad