Raptors Discussion: v57|The long, short run to the end of the season (and playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
How did Carroll look?

Decent. Pretty rusty, but he looked pretty good on D and was even able to handle the smallball 4 pretty decently after not having played for that long (even checked Horford for a couple possessions and did a good job).

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
How can you guys hate on Colangelo? Sure he had some downfalls but he was a great man

He brought in the majority of our core players. Also he still lives in Toronto I believe as he likes the city
Good for him for getting another chance, he is a respectable GM

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
They will dispose of Indiana or Detroit relatively easily in the 1st round.

The exact same thing was said against the Wizards last year. I don't find a single opponent in the playoff picture relatively easy this year. The East had improved leaps and bounds.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The exact same thing was said against the Wizards last year. I don't find a single opponent in the playoff picture relatively easy this year. The East had improved leaps and bounds.

No, it wasn't. The Raptors were really struggling going into the playoffs last year. I never thought that they would beat the Wiz easily. Maybe "easily" was the wrong word to use, but I firmly believe that they will win. It's a joke to even think that they won't. I just have confidence in this team which, clearly, some people don't. The East has improved, but so have the Raptors. Even in the improved East, they will finish in 2nd with 50+ wins. I think that people are nervous because of history, but I don't think there should be any nervousness. If they do somehow find a way to lose in the first round, there will be lots of changes.

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
rapsvspacers-web_2.png

Game Day: Raptors vs. Pacers

Posted: Apr 08, 2016

Matt Tierney - Raptors.com

Toronto (52-26) finishes up a back-to-back at home tonight versus Indiana (42-36). The Raptors returned to TO last night after a defeat in Atlanta, while the Pacers are in town trying to prolong their three-game winning streak as they fight to secure a playoff spot.

projectedlineups-040816.jpg

PLAYER TO WATCH

Paul George – George enters tonight’s game fresh off a 29 point, five rebound performance in a win over the Cavaliers two days ago. Despite his recent strong play, the Raptors have done a solid job defending the Pacers All-Star forward this season, holding him to 30% shooting in the teams’ previous three matchups.

Delon Wright– With two games in less then 24 hours, Dwane Casey may look to hand the fringe players and rookies some minutes in an attempt to avoid burnout. Wright’s name was called when the Raps faced the Spurs in San Antonio last weekend and responded with a sound performance, recording 12 points, four rebounds and three assists.

Raptors-Indiana Pacers: Friday game preview

The Pacers haven’t won at the ACC in three years — March 1, 2013 — and have lost six of their last seven against the Raptors overall.

By: Chris O’Leary Sports Reporter, Published on Thu Apr 07 2016

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Tipoff: 7:30 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet One

Radio: TSN 1050

Probable starters:Toronto — Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Norman Powell, Luis Scola, Jonas Valanciunas. Indiana — Monta Ellis, George Hill, Paul George, Lavoy Allen, Ian Mahinmi.

Key matchup DeMar DeRozan vs. Paul George.

While the Raptors have been very successful in DeMarre Carroll’s absence this season, Friday night could be one where Carroll’s defensive prowess is missed. DeRozan is a more than capable defender, but he’ll exert a lot of energy and attention on George, the league’s 10th-leading scorer at 23.4 points per game. While everyone is waiting for the regular season to play out, thoughts of a Carroll-George match up and how it frees DeRozan somewhat defensively can be another thing to hope for a week from now, should these teams hold their current playoff positions.

Need to know: The Pacers have won three in a row, and are coming in off a 14-point win over a LeBronJames-less Cleveland squad on Wednesday. They hold a half-game lead on the Detroit Pistons for the seventh-seed in the East, with a game in hand (four remaining, to Detroit’s three) . . . In need of as many wins as possible, the Pacers are in a jam in Toronto. They haven’t won at the ACC in three years — March 1, 2013 — and have lost six of their last seven against the Raptors overall . . . Kyle Lowry and DeRozan each scored 28 points in the teams’ last meeting, a 101-94 overtime win on March 17. Bismack Biyombo grabbed a franchise-record 25 rebounds in that win and scored a career-high 16 points.

Up next: Sunday at New York, 7:30 p.m.

RaptorsMR @RaptorsMR

DeRozan, Lowry, Scola resting tonight vs. Indiana. Carroll inactive on a back-to-back. Joseph, Powell, JJ, Thompson and JV start. #rtz

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Great showing again by our B team. Really wish Delon would get more minutes though. These opportunities are not going to show up often.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Future looks bright with Wright and Powell, then add in the top 10 pick this year.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Masai drafted so well last year, I wasn't high on Wright but he continues to impress and obviously Powell is the steal of the draft.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I missed this evening's game, how was Carroll?

They rested Carroll for precautionary reasons. He'll be in next game.

Helluva game by the rookies. Shows what a team can do when no one's the true superstar.

Hope we carry this momentum into the playoffs and Kyle and Derozan are rested. (and healthy)

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Just a question about the Knicks pick: do Denver have their right to swap the pick prior to the lottery or after ? thanks

Shwaguy*

I don't mind DC.

He did turn 2 mid to late lotto picks into DeRozan and Lowry and that's about as much as you can hope for.

But part of me still expects him to take Dragan Bender first overall for Philly.

Shwaguy*

Just a question about the Knicks pick: do Denver have their right to swap the pick prior to the lottery or after ? thanks

After the Lottery. Best we can pick is 2nd and there is a 0.0013% chance or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad