Raptors Discussion: v57|The long, short run to the end of the season (and playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
With the first overall pick in the 2016 NBA entry draft, Brian Colangelo and the Philadelphia 76ers select Domantas Sabonis.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Canada's spring postseason hopes rest solely on the shoulders of the Raptors. That's something I never expected to say.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
So based on what I am reading, it looks like the NBA only resolves ties by random draw.

This means that Denver would be in a draw with SAC and MIL if they tied

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
So based on what I am reading, it looks like the NBA only resolves ties by random draw.

This means that Denver would be in a draw with SAC and MIL if they tied

Yup, we lost a coin flip to Golden State in the Terrence Ross draft. Rumour has it we were very interested in Lillard or Barnes.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Indiana clinches 7th place tonight if they win and the Pistons lose, correct? But I hope a scenario plays out where it all comes down to tomorrow. I like the drama, I guess.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Pistons have Miami and Cleveland, need to win out, and hope Indiana drops a game to either Milwaukee or New York.

You're better off just preparing for and expecting Indiana.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Pistons have Miami and Cleveland, need to win out, and hope Indiana drops a game to either Milwaukee or New York.

You're better off just preparing for and expecting Indiana.

When realizing that the Pistons have not been to the playoffs since 2009, makes you want to face them more. But Indiana is fine too.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
rapsvssixers-web.png

Game Day: Raptors vs. 76ers

Posted: Apr 12, 2016

Matt Tierney - Raptors.com

Toronto (54-26) will suit up in front of their home fans tonight for the final time this regular season when they welcome Philadelphia (10-70) to Air Canada Centre. The Raptors recorded a franchise-best 23rd road victory Sunday after holding off a determined Knicks team at Madison Square Garden. Despite another disappointing season, the Sixers continue to battle till the end, losing a hard-fought overtime game to Milwaukee two days ago.

projectedlineups-041216.jpg

PLAYER TO WATCH

Ish Smith – Smith has given this 76ers team a spark in his second go round in Philadelphia. After being acquired midseason from New Orleans, the 6’0” point guard is putting up 15 points, seven assists and four rebounds a game. He has also played well against the Raptors, averaging 17 points in their two matchups this season.

Jonas Valanciunas– JV is rounding into form just in time for the playoffs. He is averaging a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds over his last 10 games while also chipping in defensively with just fewer than three blocks a night. Expect Valanciunas to get a lot of touches tonight against a Philadelphia team who is thin in the frontcourt and are missing the services of starting centre Jahlil Okafor.

Raptors-Philadelphia 76ers: Tuesday game preview

Raptors have won 11 straight over Sixers and can complete the third straight season sweep with a win.

By: Doug Smith Sports Reporter, Published on Mon Apr 11 2016

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Tipoff: 7:30 p.m.

TV: TSN

Radio: TSN 1050

Probable starters Philadelphia — Ish Smith, Nik Stauskas, Jeremi Grant, Robert Covington, Nerlens Noel. Toronto — Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Norman Powell, Luis Scola, Jonas Valanciunas.

Key matchup:Nik Stauskas vs. Norman Powell.

Mostly for the fact Stauskas is the local kid — Mississauga — coming home, but a matchup between a former lottery pick still finding his way with his second team and a second-round draft pick in Powell has intriguing aspects.

Need to know: Toronto closes out its most successful home season in franchise history, 31-9 going into the game . . . Should be the first appearance at the Air Canada Centre since early January for Toronto’s DeMarre Carroll … The Sixers are 10-70 but have avoided tying for the worst season record in NBA history already … The Raptors have won 11 straight over the Sixers and can complete the third straight season sweep with a win.

Up next: Wednesday at Brooklyn, 8 p.m.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The fact that they can't even have a good start against one of the worst teams in modern history is really concerning to me headed into the playoffs.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
It's official: Raptors vs. Pacers in round 1! Hopefully we keep Paul George at bay. I found the following stat on Reddit. In the past 8 games, we have held PG to,

17.1 PPG
6.5 RPG
4.0 APG
1.4 SPG
0.4 BPG
36.1% FG
27.9% 3PT
81.3% FT

It gets worse if you only look at this year:

Paul George has averaged 16.3 points (second-lowest vs. Eastern Conference opponents) on 30.8% shooting (lowest vs. East) in the four meetings (1-3) against the Raptors this season

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Raptors in 5. I think the Raptors take the first 2 at home. Then split on the road. And wrap it up back home. I really believe this team will take care of business this year.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
It's official: Raptors vs. Pacers in round 1! Hopefully we keep Paul George at bay. I found the following stat on Reddit. In the past 8 games, we have held PG to,

17.1 PPG
6.5 RPG
4.0 APG
1.4 SPG
0.4 BPG
36.1% FG
27.9% 3PT
81.3% FT

It gets worse if you only look at this year:

Paul George has averaged 16.3 points (second-lowest vs. Eastern Conference opponents) on 30.8% shooting (lowest vs. East) in the four meetings (1-3) against the Raptors this season

That's without Carroll as well.

Really happy to be getting the Pacers. Pistons have a lot more factors then the Pacers IMO.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
It would've been fun. Raps likely make the final in 2001, and probably in '02 and '03 as well (can't imagine a TMac/Vince duo losing to the Jason Kidd Nets). Which, of course, means no Bosh. Very different Raptor history in this case.

Anyways, super excited for this year's team. I feel like they have the defensive horses and the experience to reach the conference finals this year.

leafsleafs

Jul 12, 2006
Here
How much does Powell play in the playoffs?

Really like the kid's game, and he's one of the few Raps that gets out on the three. ( not great at it, but he's at least trying to get there) That's their biggest weakness on D, and D is so much more important in the playoffs.

I know Casey, like all coaches, likes him some vetrin presents come playoff time, but I'd consider giving Powell some serious minutes.

Just appears to me like Powell is a guy who won't have stage fright.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
How much does Powell play in the playoffs?

Really like the kid's game, and he's one of the few Raps that gets out on the three. ( not great at it, but he's at least trying to get there) That's their biggest weakness on D, and D is so much more important in the playoffs.

I know Casey, like all coaches, likes him some vetrin presents come playoff time, but I'd consider giving Powell some serious minutes.

Just appears to me like Powell is a guy who won't have stage fright.

Hopefully more often.

It sucks cause with Carroll back it'll take away from some of his minutes. But I definitely think he's heard a look.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
What a long way the city of Toronto has gone since it came into the league
We are actually a respected franchise now, and guys actually wanna be here. I can't wait for the playoffs :yo:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I really hope the Raptors can wrap it up in 5 or 6. The tension among the fanbase if it goes 7 would be unreal. I might have a nervous breakdown if there is a game 7 lol. Raptors have to win this series, there is no other choice.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Pretty confident about the matchup to be honest. Guessing it will be Raps in 5.

Nuggets pick is in the 8th-10th range. Becomes 8th if Nuggets lose vs Portland and Milwaukee beats Pacers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->