Raptors Discussion: v57|The long, short run to the end of the season (and playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
what do you think is the better matchup for the raptors? indiana or detroit?
Cleveland can eliminate chicago tonight

I don't think it matters. But, maybe Detroit? They are less experienced than the Pacers, plus Raptor fans would invade the Palace making it a much less hostile crowd on the road.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
rapsvsknicks-web_1.png

Game Day: Raptors @ Knicks

Posted: Apr 10, 2016

Matt Tierney - Raptors.com

Toronto (53-26) is in the Big Apple tonight to take on the Knicks (32-48) at Madison Square Garden. The Raptors managed to bounce back Friday night, recording a win over Indiana at Air Canada Centre. New York returns home after defeating the last-place Sixers to snap a mini two-game losing streak.

projectedlineups-041016.jpg

PLAYER TO WATCH

Jerian Grant – New York’s rookie point guard has gotten an opportunity in the starting lineup recently with Jose Calderon having missed four in a row due to a quad injury. Over those four games, Grant has averaged 13 points including a most recent 16 point, six assist, five rebound performance in a win over Philadelphia. If Calderon is unable to go again tonight, look for Grant to continue his run as a starter.

Delon Wright– Not only is Joseph’s recent play noteworthy, but so is his new look as he sports a protective face mask compliments of an errant Jonas Valanciunas elbow a few games ago. The head gear seemed to not affect the Pickering native when he filled in admirably Friday night for a resting Kyle Lowry. Joseph recorded 18 points and finished one assist shy of a double-double.

Raptors-New York Knicks: Sunday game preview

The Knicks beat the Sixers on Friday and need to win their last two games to double last season’s win total.

By: Doug Smith Sports Reporter, Published on Sat Apr 09 2016

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

Tipoff: 7:30 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Probable starters:Toronto — Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Norm Powell, Jason Thompson, Jonas Valanciunas. New York — Jerami Grant, Sasha Vujacic, Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Williams, Robin Lopez.

Key matchup:Norm Powell vs. Carmelo Anthony.

There have been times when the Raptors have gone to James Johnson to guard Anthony, but rookie Powell has been playing so well he should get a shot at the job. And if DeMarre Carroll is able to go, Anthony is going to be his guy.

Need to know: There’s a real possibility a sore shoulder has ended the season of Knicks impressive rookie Kristaps Porzingis, and ex-Raptor Jose Calderon is on the shelf as well … Luis Scola (rest) and Delon Wright (hip pointer) did not make the trip with the Raptors . . . The Raptors are trying to go 12-2 against Atlantic Division foes with games against Philadelphia and Brooklyn coming to end the season . . . The Knicks beat the Sixers on Friday and need to win their last two games to double last season’s win total … Anthony leads New York in points, rebounds and assists.

Up next: Tuesday vs. Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I honestly can't stand Golden State, they are so talented but also so damn lucky night in and night out. They win so many games they have no business of winning. Huge game tonight between Spurs and GS, Spurs undefeated at home

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
It is confirmed that the Raps will either play Detroit or Indiana right?
Thank god we don't have to face Chicago ...

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Bucks win, Denver loses.

We currently hold the 8th pick going into the draft lottery.

Denver needs to lose their final game vs. Portland and we're good.

We get a top 8 pick for Andrea Bargnani. Wow.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
The Eastern playoff teams have been set. The Raps will face Indiana or Detroit. I think Indiana has the tiebreaker over Detroit so it's looking very likely we will face them in round 1. Plus their final two games are a joke compared to the Pistons.

EDIT: Still a possibility of finishing first in the conference, but I doubt it happens.

Last edited:

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Bucks win, Denver loses.

We currently hold the 8th pick going into the draft lottery.

Denver needs to lose their final game vs. Portland and we're good.

We get a top 8 pick for Andrea Bargnani. Wow.

I think it's top 9 for now.

Last edited:

xyzz

Aug 18, 2008
im thinking of grabbing tickets for game 1.. from what i can tell it will be on either saturday or sunday. is there any reason that this wouldnt be the case? just want to make sure because if its monday, i wouldnt be able to make it.

(home game 1)

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The Eastern playoff teams have been set. The Raps will face Indiana or Detroit. I think Indiana has the tiebreaker over Detroit so it's looking very likely we will face them in round 1. Plus their final two games are a joke compared to the Pistons.

I really want to see them at least a round - I am excited yet scared

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Pathetic effort. Blowing a double digit 4th quarter lead against the Knicks and Melo has been on the bench for most of the Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad