Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
my biggest concern with McAvoy isn't other teams or his desire to play in NY or whatever...

It's Boston managment's inherent cheapness and unwillingness to play ball. They have never paid a player more than 8 million a year. McAvoy will easily command that much (he could honestly ask for as much as 10 if he keeps this up). I worry that the Bruins own internal salary structure is gonna be a hangup for them when it comes time to pay him market value. I think Jacobs like those guys who don't believe in raising the minimum wage because they made $6 an hour in the 90's. The sticker shock of keeping McAvoy and Pasta here long-term could be an issue for the Bruins (and a totally self-inflicted one at that).

Jacobs helped create this salary cap. He's obviously fine paying players within those parameters. As long as the TEAM is under the cap, individual players likely don't matter to Jacobs, as long as we are spending under the cap.

Financially, who knows what the future is going to be, we really need to wait until post-COVID, and see how salaries settle in the new world. If I credit Sweeney with anything, it's him actually being able to sign his own guys to decent deals (outside of Backes as a UFA), most have been pretty reasonable. A lot can change, but you have to think Pasta and McAvoy will be the highest paid Bruins in the not-so distant future.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If he balks at signing a long term deal...

That should be the least of the Bruins worries . He's signed for one more year after this one and he'll be a RFA any talk about dealing him is ludricous. I mean have you looked at the Bruins pipeline there's no McAvoy in the near future.

Everyone and their brother is looking for the next McAvoy when you have him you don't look to trade him, you look to build around him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Barkov will be Bluejackets no 1 center. He is waiting to teamup with Laine, just a matter of time.

Bruins is in challengin situation. Core is near its last rodeo. They have no 1st unit talents and they have no assets to trade 1st unit player. They have to rely on the ufa market. They need 1st C, they need 2nd C and they might need no 1 goalie in the coming seasons. The ufa market is though place when you try to fill critical spots with decent players. Also the 2021 ufa market looks horrible what it comes to C. 22 does not look good either, maybe Zibanejad would do, but it will cost a ton

I would not go after Eichel. Maybe I’d go with McAvoy, Marchand, prospect and 1st 2021, 1st 2022, for McDavid.
E: Damn, I forgotted that Chiarelli aint in Edmonton anymore.
Studnicka is looking like at worst a 2nd line C once he fills out. Coyle and Frederic are probably long-term centers on this team when it's all said & done. Beecher hopefully becomes one of their top 2 C along with Studnicka. Once Krejci & Bergeron are out of the picture they'll pay whatever it takes to get a first line C if Studnicka doesn't turn into one himself. It's true that the Bruins core is aging, but Marchand still has plenty of gas in the tank and their next wave core is already in place with McAvoy & Pastrnak. I would NOT expect this team to have a big dropoff like Detroit had when their core aged out.

As for Barkov...maybe he wants to play with Laine, you probably know better than me...but I'm not even sure Laine will be in Columbus by the time Barkov is a free agent. It's very rare in the salary cap era for players to pick their landing spot and play with their pals. Barkov is gonna get a massive payday and I wouldn't assume Columbus is the team to give it to him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
my biggest concern with McAvoy isn't other teams or his desire to play in NY or whatever...

It's Boston managment's inherent cheapness and unwillingness to play ball. They have never paid a player more than 8 million a year. McAvoy will easily command that much (he could honestly ask for as much as 10 if he keeps this up). I worry that the Bruins own internal salary structure is gonna be a hangup for them when it comes time to pay him market value. I think Jacobs like those guys who don't believe in raising the minimum wage because they made $6 an hour in the 90's. The sticker shock of keeping McAvoy and Pasta here long-term could be an issue for the Bruins (and a totally self-inflicted one at that).

Mc and Pasta will both ask for north of 10 mil.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
UFA list, so essentially rentals that may be available this deadline

2021 NHL Free Agents Tracker

Don't know much about him but this could be a good move? He would be sitting in 5th spot behind Ritchie however with 7 less games played :dunno: than those above him with the exception of Pasta?

In 12 games Mattias has 7 goals and 5 helpers.

2.25 CAP hit. UFA this year.

Janmark is a center with very good offensive vision. Owns great wheels and the ability to make moves at high speeds. Adapt at getting in behind opposing defensemen. More of shooter when he is playing left wing. There is still room for improve in Janmark's defensive and physical game

Mattias Janmark-Nylén, also known as Mattias Janmark, is a Swedish professional ice hockey center who is currently playing for the Chicago Blackhawks in the National Hockey League. He previously played for the Dallas Stars. Janmark was drafted 79th overall by the Detroit Red Wings in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. Wikipedia
Born: December 8, 1992 (age 28 years), Stockholm, Sweden
NHL team Former teams: Chicago Blackhawks; AIK; Frölunda HC; Dallas Stars

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Don't know much about him but this could be a good move? He would be sitting in 5th spot behind Ritchie however with 7 less games played :dunno: that those above him with the exception of Pasta?

In 12 games Mattias has 7 goals and 5 helpers.

2.25 CAP hit. UFA this year.

Janmark is a center with very good offensive vision. Owns great wheels and the ability to make moves at high speeds. Adapt at getting in behind opposing defensemen. More of shooter when he is playing left wing. There is still room for improve in Janmark's defensive and physical game

Mattias Janmark-Nylén, also known as Mattias Janmark, is a Swedish professional ice hockey center who is currently playing for the Chicago Blackhawks in the National Hockey League. He previously played for the Dallas Stars. Janmark was drafted 79th overall by the Detroit Red Wings in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. Wikipedia
Born: December 8, 1992 (age 28 years), Stockholm, Sweden
NHL team Former teams: Chicago Blackhawks; AIK; Frölunda HC; Dallas Stars

Red flag for me is prior to this year he was a career 0.36 P/GP player. This year he's sitting around 0.52 P/GP with Chicago. So after about 300 games in the NHL, his P/GP suddenly increased about 45% this year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
In a league where Jack Eichel got 10 million a year after just 48 NHL goals, can't say I would blame either or Pasta or McAvoy to ask for a AAV over 10 million.

I'm more interested to see what happens with Pasta contract. Just trying to find comps, I'd have to think Matthews and Panarin would be close at around 14.5% of the teams cap.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Mcavoy isn’t going any where. Only a lunatic gm would move a super young #1 d. Almost impossible to replace this kind of talent. Defence is so under rated by fans. They value forwards way too much. Teams with good defence are super hard to play against. As long as Boston keeps the defence strong the blow from losing Bergeron to old age will be minor. U have to think. Mcavoy Carlo lauzon zboril. All super young and will probably only get better and better. Throw in a couple more good draft picks on d. This teams d core might be shaping up to be one of they for the next 10 years. Pasta is young too. So having once of the best goal scorers in the league solves a lot of the offences needs.

McAvoy - Lauzon
Carlo - Lohrei
Zboril - McFaul

Swayman

future back end?

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
If forward depth and toughness is a need I wonder if they take another crack at Eric Staal. Gotta wonder if he'd be more willing to come to Boston this time around to get out of Buffalo. I think I'm the most interested in what can be had from Anaheim and Nashville. A lot of options if they both start selling.

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If forward depth and toughness is a need I wonder if they take another crack at Eric Staal. Gotta wonder if he'd be more willing to come to Boston this time around to get out of Buffalo. I think I'm the most interested in what can be had from Anaheim and Nashville. A lot of options if they both start selling.

Isn't he a center though? Where does he play in the line-up for Boston?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Mc and Pasta will both ask for north of 10 mil.

We won't have that much high priced star power left by the time 23-24 rolls along and Pasta is up. Krejci and Rask money will be gone or lower. Probably some entry level money replacing Halak.

Don't really think it'll be a problem and with some luck maybe by then the cap will have recovered a bit. Seems like easy guys to pay well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad