Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Wood > JDB (right now)
Palms > Smith

Also no chance they deal Smith 20 games into signing the guy.

Wood is not > JDB right now or ever. He has 7 goals in 21 games this year, big whoop. He is a 10 goal a year guy. Debrusk has had 16, 29 and 19 (in the Covid-19 shortened season), also is a year younger. Trading DeBrusk for Woods would be worse than trading R. Smith for Hayes was...

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
And nor should they, but Palmieri also isn’t having a very good year of himself. 3 of his 4 goals have come against the corpse of the Boston Bruins with the other one coming against the corpse of the Buffalo Sabres.

He hasn’t been awful, but he looks to be struggling a bit this season too.
Jersey is giving the bruins a hard time this year. That’s for sure. Miles woods is a bruins killer.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Wood is not > JDB right now or ever. He has 7 goals in 21 games this year, big whoop. He is a 10 goal a year guy. Debrusk has had 16, 29 and 19 (in the Covid-19 shortened season), also is a year younger. Trading DeBrusk for Woods would be worse than trading R. Smith for Hayes was...
Woods brings a gritty fast engaged two way game. I’d consider swapping to be honest. And I never talk about trading debrusk.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I would personally like to see more changes internally with this lineup to try and get some guys going. A more balanced attack and let guys like Bergeron Marchand and Pasta help others get out of the slumps.

Marchand Krecji Coyle
Debrusk Bergeron Pasta
Ritchie Studnicka Smith
Kurarly Freddy Bjork/wags

PP and PK remains the same

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

Right now, in this current year, Wood is better than JDB. I like DeBrusk and don't want to see him go especially for Wood, but Wood brings other things to his game when not scoring where as JDB has not even though he is trying. One is scoring and the other isn't which is the stat Bruins need right now more than anything.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
They're not going to trade Smith considering they just signed him. Would not help them to sign free agents going forward..
While uncommon, I doubt free agents would NOT sign with Boston because they moved Craig Smith after signing. This is professional sports, it's part of the game. And while not the best look, it's hardly a slight to Craig Smith, if anything it speaks volumes to him that another team wants him. Depending on who the Bruins add this season, I could see Smith being the one exposed to Seattle, if Bruins are chosing youth over him.

If a deal comes along and it improves the Bruins and Craig Smith is in the ask, there should be zero hesitation to have that go through.

That said I'd say the Bruins are content with him so far, but not to a point that he has more value to other teams than he would to us. So I'd say most proposals are either too lopsided/unrealistic to the Bruins or just too lateral in general to justify involving him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
people are ridiculous, jesus. you don't trade a guy you just signed because of a bit of a slow start. yall really need to take a deep breath and understand that you don't make rash decisions on small sample sizes of data. that's how you get Tyler Seguin type trades.

Smith has been a pretty consistent producer in his career. He's shooting constantly and his motor doesn't quit. He's doing exactly the things that made him a target for the Bruins. He's just in a slump. It happens.

Despite all this he's 6th among forwards in scoring and basically on the same point pace as his last 2 years. He's reasonably paid for what he's bringing right now.

The answer isn't to ditch him, it's to find a legit 2RW so Smith can play on the 3rd line where he probably belongs.

In the meantime he should be on the 2nd line with Krejci IMO. That line has been fine together and it's not like anyone else is making a better case to be in that spot.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA

Completely disagree. Wood is still useful even if he isn’t scoring. Debrusk is useless unless he’s scoring. He isn’t scoring.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
people are ridiculous, jesus. you don't trade a guy you just signed because of a bit of a slow start. yall really need to take a deep breath and understand that you don't make rash decisions on small sample sizes of data. that's how you get Tyler Seguin type trades.

Smith has been a pretty consistent producer in his career. He's shooting constantly and his motor doesn't quit. He's doing exactly the things that made him a target for the Bruins. He's just in a slump. It happens.

Despite all this he's 6th among forwards in scoring and basically on the same point pace as his last 2 years. He's reasonably paid for what he's bringing right now.

The answer isn't to ditch him, it's to find a legit 2RW so Smith can play on the 3rd line where he probably belongs.

In the meantime he should be on the 2nd line with Krejci IMO. That line has been fine together and it's not like anyone else is making a better case to be in that spot.

Smith will be taken by Seattle in the expansion draft. If some team is willing to offer a forward that is not only better than him, but better than DeBrusk that you can protect, I'm all for it.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021

Wood is absolutely better than DeBrusk right now. If DeBrusk were giving the effort, game away from the puck that Wood is this season then we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

When DeBrusk isn’t scoring, what’s he doing? Not much.

When Wood isn’t scoring, what’s he doing?
Grinding.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
And nor should they, but Palmieri also isn’t having a very good year of himself. 3 of his 4 goals have come against the corpse of the Boston Bruins with the other one coming against the corpse of the Buffalo Sabres.

He hasn’t been awful, but he looks to be struggling a bit this season too.
I was just thinking to myself last night, "You know what Smith's problem is this season? The exact same problem afflicting Palmieri."

Add four inches to Palms, and you've got Smith right now.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
I was just thinking to myself last night, "You know what Smith's problem is this season? The exact same problem afflicting Palmieri."

Add four inches to Palms, and you've got Smith right now.

Yup, but I still like what Smith brings each night for the most part as it’s refreshing to see someone outside of the first-line bringing some intention to just shoot the damn puck. Half of Boston’s problem would be solved if these guy just started shooting and crashing the net.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hypothetically, the Bruins currently tied for 3rd, let's say they fall back to 5th by deadline, how does that change the game plan? Or would it at all?

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad