Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Obviously it would be nice to have Eichel but makes no sense to part with McAvoy or Pastrnak to do it. For one, I don't think he's as good as either of them anymore. Imagine Carlo as your #1 defenseman - it would be brutal.

Those executives Fluto quoted in the Athletic article this morning sound extremely out of touch. Their comments would have made way more sense in 2016. It adds up when you see some of the moves NHL teams make lol

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Find a middle ground 8/76. The Bruins can get by at center without Eichel. I don't think the same can be said if they moved McAvoy.

Yep. Top quality d-men to me are more valuable dollar for dollar than all but the most elite forwards. There was an interesting discussion of who you would trade McAvoy for one for one recently, and it was a pretty short list (Eichel was not mentioned). Far better to pay Charlie Eichel's contract than Eichel Eichel's contract if you are the Bruins.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Next summer Charlie wants 8/84 mil bruins want 8/68 mil. What do you do?

I consider him easily a top 10 if not top 5 defenseman in the league already so I do what I need to do to lock him.

I know you aren't high on him Lou, but what would you do? What's the alternative? I don't see any potential replacements coming down the pipe and you'd have to pay through the nose for a UFA of his caliber, if one was even available.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Eichel is a pipe dream. Our 'D" is gelling with lots of options - liked Vaak's game yesterday - I still think a heavy vet for the run like Gudbranson or better, Savard would help though. What about Silfverberg? The term and $ isn't all that attractive but the RW top technical skill is there. If the Ducks are willing to part with him he would make a decent addition. A DeBrusk for Silfverberg trade may make a lot of sense for both franchises.

Reactions: Gordoff

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
McAvoy is not a $10 million player. If he wants that money, I’d trade his ass.

A guy can be a #1 for a franchise, but that doesn’t make him a franchise defenseman. It just makes him the best they have at the time.

That isn’t to say McAvoy isn’t special, or a huge part of this team. I don’t see him winning multiple Norris trophies. I think this franchise is used to having a legend on the blue line, and when we don’t have one, people start trying to make the guy we have into a legend.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Sweeney is weak/mediocre in multiple areas, but negotiating contract extensions with current players is not one of them. I trust him on that. I'd go after Barkov next year. We have a mediocre prospect pool and we aren't a lottery team, so we have nothing of value that we would realistically give up to get Eichel. It would be extremely easy for other teams to beat our realistic package. Barkov, on the other hand, is a much more realistic target and will only cost money. I just hope Sweeney doesn't screw it up and give Krejci a multi-year extension. Either he takes a 1 year deal (to get to Barkov's UFA year) or you find a 1-year stop gap as the 2nd line Center for next season.

Last edited:

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Sweeney is weak/mediocre in multiple areas, but negotiating contract extensions with current players is not one of them. I trust him on that. I'd go after Barkov next year. We have a mediocre prospect pool and we aren't a lottery team, so we have nothing of value that we would realistically give up to get Eichel. It would be extremely easy for other teams to be our realistic package. Barkov, on the other hand, is a much more realistic target and will only cost money. I just hope Sweeney doesn't screw it up and give Krejci a multi-year extension. Either he takes a 1 year deal (to get to Barkov's UFA year) or you find a 1-year stop gap as the 2nd line Center for next season.
Getting Barkov would be sick. Would definitely solve a lot of problems.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
McAvoy is not a $10 million player. If he wants that money, I’d trade his ass.

A guy can be a #1 for a franchise, but that doesn’t make him a franchise defenseman. It just makes him the best they have at the time.

That isn’t to say McAvoy isn’t special, or a huge part of this team. I don’t see him winning multiple Norris trophies. I think this franchise is used to having a legend on the blue line, and when we don’t have one, people start trying to make the guy we have into a legend.
whether you and I think he`s a 10 mill guy means little, he`s worth essentially what anyone will pay him, still rather have him at 10 than the 11.5 mill through the 26-27 season the Sharkies paying Karlsson

Would 10 mill for Charlie be as much as an overpayment than what the B`s are currently paying JDB?:naughty:

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
whether you and I think he`s a 10 mill guy means little, he`s worth essentially what anyone will pay him, still rather have him at 10 than the 11.5 mill through the 26-27 season the Sharkies paying Karlsson

Would 10 mill for Charlie be as much as an overpayment than what the B`s are currently paying JDB?:naughty:

Just for fun, If they paid Charlie 10m, he makes about $122k per game in an 82 season (sorry my mind can't even really get around that one). Jake right now makes about $45,000 per game (still doesn't really compute well). Now extrapolate the points- Jake is on a 23 point pace this season for a full 82. The Bruins are paying Jake 160k per point. Charlie is on a 65 point pace. At 10m per season it is 154k per point. It is still better value considering the minutes played and the non-scoring stuff that gets done. :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just for fun, If they paid Charlie 10m, he makes about $122k per game in an 82 season (sorry my mind can't even really get around that one). Jake right now makes about $45,000 per game (still doesn't really compute well). Now extrapolate the points- Jake is on a 23 point pace this season for a full 82. The Bruins are paying Jake 160k per point. Charlie is on a 65 point pace. At 10m per season it is 154k per point. It is still better value considering the minutes played and the non-scoring stuff that gets done. :laugh:
the biggest selling point for me is we have a 23 year old D man logging 20-25 mins on the top pairing

DS will get it done, while I can find flaws in other areas of his management, if there is a strength he`s displayed in his time, it`s getting deals done and reasonable one`s at that. He and his crews identification of UFA / Trade talent are my two biggest issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->