Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Panthers are 2nd in their division and tending upwards. It's tough to see both parties moving on especially since they really want to re-sign Barkov.

They may really want to re-sign Barkov, but what does Barkov want? If FLA and Barkov don't have an extension in place by next TDL, you have to wonder if there is going to be one.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
It's an interesting proposal Lou. Pros and cons to both guys. My tipping point is, we know what type of player Charlie will become or he's on his way to being.

The thing with Eichel becoming a 2 way player like Bergeron is a wish.

If they trade Charlie who becomes 1A on that D core? Lauzon?

Reactions: bbfan419

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Gudbrandson is not the answer, too slow and slow thinking for the current NHL, Savard I like, big strong shutdown type, would be a solid 2nd pairing guy or even a complement to McAvoy.

I'll add that Gudbranson is a tough sob, but he is unbelievably overpaid. Tinordi isn't as good with his fists, but he's sort of the appropriately priced Gudbranson.

Reactions: Gordoff

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
He's still an RFA so unless NYR is making him the highest paid player in the NHL with an offer sheet, I can't see Boston not matching it.
If Charlie gets offer-sheeted for crazy money, its not a foregone conclusion that Boston matches. 4 x #1 picks is not something that you outright dismiss.

That said, this discussion is now starting to take the off-ramp to Crazy Town with all the what-if, hypotheticals.....Time to get back on track a little.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Every player in this league grew up rooting for a team. Where is this McAvoy to NYR smoke coming from?
Mcavoy isn’t going any where. Only a lunatic gm would move a super young #1 d. Almost impossible to replace this kind of talent. Defence is so under rated by fans. They value forwards way too much. Teams with good defence are super hard to play against. As long as Boston keeps the defence strong the blow from losing Bergeron to old age will be minor. U have to think. Mcavoy Carlo lauzon zboril. All super young and will probably only get better and better. Throw in a couple more good draft picks on d. This teams d core might be shaping up to be one of they for the next 10 years. Pasta is young too. So having once of the best goal scorers in the league solves a lot of the offences needs.

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
Barkov will be Bluejackets no 1 center. He is waiting to teamup with Laine, just a matter of time.

Bruins is in challengin situation. Core is near its last rodeo. They have no 1st unit talents and they have no assets to trade 1st unit player. They have to rely on the ufa market. They need 1st C, they need 2nd C and they might need no 1 goalie in the coming seasons. The ufa market is though place when you try to fill critical spots with decent players. Also the 2021 ufa market looks horrible what it comes to C. 22 does not look good either, maybe Zibanejad would do, but it will cost a ton

I would not go after Eichel. Maybe I’d go with McAvoy, Marchand, prospect and 1st 2021, 1st 2022, for McDavid.
E: Damn, I forgotted that Chiarelli aint in Edmonton anymore.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Barkov will be Bluejackets no 1 center. He is waiting to teamup with Laine, just a matter of time.

Bruins is in challengin situation. Core is near its last rodeo. They have no 1st unit talents and they have no assets to trade 1st unit player. They have to rely on the ufa market. They need 1st C, they need 2nd C and they might need no 1 goalie in the coming seasons. The ufa market is though place when you try to fill critical spots with decent players. Also the 2021 ufa market looks horrible what it comes to C. 22 does not look good either, maybe Zibanejad would do, but it will cost a ton

I would not go after Eichel. Maybe I’d go with McAvoy, Marchand, prospect and 1st 2021, 1st 2022, for McDavid.
Why does Edmonton do this

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If Charlie gets offer-sheeted for crazy money, its not a foregone conclusion that Boston matches. 4 x #1 picks is not something that you outright dismiss.

That said, this discussion is now starting to take the off-ramp to Crazy Town with all the what-if, hypotheticals.....Time to get back on track a little.

4 (most likely) late 1st rounders for a franchise d-man with Norris upside?

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
If you're Boston though and he balks at a deal and wants to the play the year out and be a UFA what do you do?

I could be wrong, but I think McAvoy would still has two RFA seasons after his current deal expires? I don't think that first year they burned counts towards his time.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
my biggest concern with McAvoy isn't other teams or his desire to play in NY or whatever...

It's Boston managment's inherent cheapness and unwillingness to play ball. They have never paid a player more than 8 million a year. McAvoy will easily command that much (he could honestly ask for as much as 10 if he keeps this up). I worry that the Bruins own internal salary structure is gonna be a hangup for them when it comes time to pay him market value. I think Jacobs like those guys who don't believe in raising the minimum wage because they made $6 an hour in the 90's. The sticker shock of keeping McAvoy and Pasta here long-term could be an issue for the Bruins (and a totally self-inflicted one at that).

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
my biggest concern with McAvoy isn't other teams or his desire to play in NY or whatever...

It's Boston managment's inherent cheapness and unwillingness to play ball. They have never paid a player more than 8 million a year. McAvoy will easily command that much (he could honestly ask for as much as 10 if he keeps this up). I worry that the Bruins own internal salary structure is gonna be a hangup for them when it comes time to pay him market value. I think Jacobs like those guys who don't believe in raising the minimum wage because they made $6 an hour in the 90's. The sticker shock of keeping McAvoy and Pasta here long-term could be an issue for the Bruins (and a totally self-inflicted one at that).

Lock up McAvoy & Pasta and worry about the rest later.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If you're Boston though and he balks at a deal and wants to the play the year out and be a UFA what do you do?
Cross that bridge when it comes. You have to plan ahead, but that's bad asset management to move him NOW because you THINK he'll balk at a new deal in 2 years. Unless Charlie has openly told management he doesn't want to be here long term, I don't see how we aren't building the new d-core around him, both now and the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad