Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Summer 2010 do you guys trade Bergeron for Shea Weber?

If not, why wouldn't you deal Charlie for Eichel?

Eichel is clearly better than Patrice at that point, as is Weber vs Charlie.
In 2010, without hindsight, I don't think Nashville does that trade at that time. Not 1 for 1 at least.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That's an intriguing thought- could the Bruins coaches "pull a Seny" with Eichel? It's possible. It would be a risk. For me, at this moment in time, the Bruins lose the deal because what Eichel brings right now versus what they give up losing McAvoy isn't worth it. If McAvoy goes, what becomes of the Bruins defense which is already looking a little shambolic personnel-wise? IF (as I don't think the Bruins are even contemplating this, to be honest) they moved McAvoy for Eichel, they'd have to have another deal lined up or in the bag for a top 4 LD. You can't have your right side looking like Carlo-Clifton-Miller/Kampfer and the left looking like Gryz-Lauzon-Zboril.

I look at Eichel as he would become Nasty Nate on steroids here. I get it though, is he a Joe Thornton or can he be a Patrice Bergeron?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Weber had a 23-30-53 the year before. I think many would view him better than Mc that point.

Eichel in this system could be a bergeron lite defensively no?

Have you seen Eichel play team defense? I mean seriously have you seen it, because I haven't. One of the least engaged centers in the entire league when it comes to play without the puck. All Eichel wants is for his teammates to get him the puck so he can do his little toe-drag wrister shot gimmick that he loves so much.

I don't want Jack Eichel and his ^**^&*( selfish attitude anywhere near my Bruins.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I look at Eichel as he would become Nasty Nate on steroids here. I get it though, is he a Joe Thornton or can he be a Patrice Bergeron?

Who has Eichel had in buffalo to really mentor him? There is something to be said for being surrounded by veterans who have won championships or at least know how to win. I think the lack of that in buffalo has hindered his development / reaching his potential.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Have you seen Eichel play team defense? I mean seriously have you seen it, because I haven't. One of the least engaged centers in the entire league when it comes to play without the puck. All Eichel wants is for his teammates to get him the puck so he can do his little toe-drag wrister shot gimmick that he loves so much.

I don't want Jack Eichel and his ^**^&*( selfish attitude anywhere near my Bruins.

losing breeds bad habits. My bro in law is a panthers fan, said good luck with Horton.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Summer 2010 do you guys trade Bergeron for Shea Weber?

If not, why wouldn't you deal Charlie for Eichel?

Eichel is clearly better than Patrice at that point, as is Weber vs Charlie.
Honestly? In the summer of 2010 I give that deal serious consideration and would probably make the trade, although I'm not sure Nashville does.

However the reason I would have considered it is because back then I still wasn't convinced that Bergeron was ever going to be the same player after his concussion problems. I still had a lot of durability concerns about him back then.

Good thing I was wrong. Probably why I shouldn't be the General Manager of a hockey club.

Reactions: lopey

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Who has Eichel had in buffalo to really mentor him? There is something to be said for being surrounded by veterans who have won championships or at least know how to win. I think the lack of that in buffalo has hindered his development / reaching his potential.

100 percent. Call it the Nathan Horton factor

Reactions: Lo97

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Eichel is a pipe dream. Our 'D" is gelling with lots of options - liked Vaak's game yesterday - I still think a heavy vet for the run like Gudbranson or better, Savard would help though. What about Silfverberg? The term and $ isn't all that attractive but the RW top technical skill is there. If the Ducks are willing to part with him he would make a decent addition. A DeBrusk for Silfverberg trade may make a lot of sense for both franchises.

Gudbrandson is not the answer, too slow and slow thinking for the current NHL, Savard I like, big strong shutdown type, would be a solid 2nd pairing guy or even a complement to McAvoy.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm not so sure I agree with that.

You don't make that same argument about McDavid or Matthews, or Barkov or O'Reilly, do you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bergy does not get a lot of pts by comparison to Eichel but Bergy also prevents maybe 3 goals a game. To me that is gold. Krech for Eichel is interesting, we would have to add someone younger though.

I would love to get Barkov

^this is the answer right here:

upload_2021-3-1_12-35-7.png

Barkov has also finished top 5 in Selke voting in 2 of the last 3 years.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
^this is the answer right here:

View attachment 401996

Barkov has also finished top 5 in Selke voting in 2 of the last 3 years.
Barkov is probably the most underrated player in the NHL. Has been for about 2 years running.....

Would be thrilled to see him become our next #1 Center and I'd be willing to over pay to make it happen.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Nothing Eichel sounds Boston. Is that English enough to understand? Too bad really, because I don't know the Bruins are prepared for a Bergeron/Krejciless team. Some handsome standbys but they should need time to develop some more and playing them is the way to go.
Not every youngsters is NHL ready after one season in the AHL.

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Barkov is probably the most underrated player in the NHL. Has been for about 2 years running.....

Would be thrilled to see him become our next #1 Center and I'd be willing to over pay to make it happen.

Kid would be a superstar if he played in a big market. I'd even put him up against Matthews. While Matthews is the far better goal scorer (102 to 63), Barkov only has 5 less points than Matthews since 2018

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad