USPHL 2014-15 Season Thread

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Good job on the article again man. Unfortunate you couldn't really get a hold of a list of all the returning players for this team. Although I guess that's a less you and more what they're willing to reveal. Think they're probably the most interesting team next year because of the history and circumstances along with Rochester and Springfield.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
BU uncommitts Shane Starrett. Tough blow to him and Portland, don't think they'll have 1 NCAA commit this season as Winkler will not be there either.

blueshirts1488

Jul 13, 2014
USPHL Premier D1 Commitments

Remember: Its not about playing for the best team or playing in the best league its about who is going to move you on in your career. Don't be fooled by words, make sure you do your research and go to who has a PROVEN resume.

USPHL Premier (55 Division One Commitments with 9 Teams)

NJ Hitmen - 11
Middlesex - 10 (also 1 NHL draft pick)
Jr. Bruins - 8
PAL - 7
South Shore - 7 (also 2 NHL draft pick)
Philly - 3
Portland - 3
Bay State - 3
Connecticut - 3

-Sincerely, a junior hockey player who has been around the ropes.

MiracleOnSkates

Jan 12, 2014
^ Well said. Every year, whether it was in the USPHL or the EJHL, the Hitmen and IHC always had the most commitments.

I think IHC's head coach, Sean Tremblay, definitely has the best contacts. He is constantly sending kids to D1 schools, even if they didn't produce as much as some of those Jr. Bruins players. That being said, the Hitmen also are excellence in this field, but they were one of the most dominant teams in the regular season, and did extremely well, better than IHC for sure, so i'm not surprised that they have more commitments.

I mean, yeah, being on a good team definitely helps being committed, but not to a point where that's all you care about. You'll still get looks, just most likely less than top teams, because, generally, the top teams have top players, so why wouldn't the scouts watch those games instead of the others. They'll most likely still go watch lower teams too, but I think they'd definitely rather spend their time on watching the best teams, than watching those weaker teams, and potentially not finding anyone that they believe is fit for their upcoming roster.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
75% of the kids that go play for IHC and Tremblay are comitted before they even go play for him. It was the same way when he was with the Monarchs.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
75% of the kids that go play for IHC and Tremblay are comitted before they even go play for him. It was the same way when he was with the Monarchs.

Just looked up all the commitment dates from this past season. I used the 'College Commitments' page on USPHL to find the players. Here are the stats...

8 - committed in 2013-14 under Tremblay
1 - committed in previous year under Tremblay
6 - no Tremblay affiliation

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Remember: Its not about playing for the best team or playing in the best league its about who is going to move you on in your career. Don't be fooled by words, make sure you do your research and go to who has a PROVEN resume.

USPHL Premier (55 Division One Commitments with 9 Teams)

NJ Hitmen - 11
Middlesex - 10 (also 1 NHL draft pick)
Jr. Bruins - 8
PAL - 7
South Shore - 7 (also 2 NHL draft pick)
Philly - 3
Portland - 3
Bay State - 3
Connecticut - 3

-Sincerely, a junior hockey player who has been around the ropes.

Nitpicking, but Bay State had 2. Sabbatini was committed prior to the USPHL. Believe Portland only committed 1 too. Starrett and Winkler also already had deals if I'm correct.

A large majority of Tremblays were committed prior to playing for him last season. Think there was only 1 or 2 from him this past season, but historically he does a good job. Dates are inaccurate. Their draft pick also only played one game for them.

Good post. Also believe in addition to the team, finding a coach that will promote you and make you a better player is important.

PAL did a great job as a first year team.

blueshirts1488

Jul 13, 2014
Nitpicking, but Bay State had 2. Sabbatini was committed prior to the USPHL. Believe Portland only committed 1 too. Starrett and Winkler also already had deals if I'm correct.

A large majority of Tremblays were committed prior to playing for him last season. Think there was only 1 or 2 from him this past season, but historically he does a good job. Dates are inaccurate. Their draft pick also only played one game for them.

Good post. Also believe in addition to the team, finding a coach that will promote you and make you a better player is important.

PAL did a great job as a first year team.

Yes. You are correct but it still counts towards the committed numbers. The same way it would with the towards USHL/NAHL numbers even if committed prior to joining team which is about 80% of USHL.

PAL did well tho, surprise team of the year after 1-8 start or something like that and finishing over .500

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Putting together PAL's article... really think they'll be solid this season. Couple big returners. Just found out Heath is going to play for Hitmen but kind of assumed that after he played for them in the Spring Showcase. I say top 5 spot for PAL next season but most likely #5 seed. They'll be a lot better than they were last season.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Putting together PAL's article... really think they'll be solid this season. Couple big returners. Just found out Heath is going to play for Hitmen but kind of assumed that after he played for them in the Spring Showcase. I say top 5 spot for PAL next season but most likely #5 seed. They'll be a lot better than they were last season.

Agree. Their top line looks really really good. Think they have the potential to be the best line in the league this year.

blueshirts1488

Jul 13, 2014
How bad is the USPHL website?

The USPHL Premier website is God awful. Why can't it be like the USHL, NAHL or EHL websites? It looks stupid connected with other leagues (u18, u16, etc.) and is a pain in the butt to maneuver. I can't believe its been like this for a year. Someone tell these people to figure it out. Looks UNPROFFESOINAL.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
The USPHL Premier website is God awful. Why can't it be like the USHL, NAHL or EHL websites? It looks stupid connected with other leagues (u18, u16, etc.) and is a pain in the butt to maneuver. I can't believe its been like this for a year. Someone tell these people to figure it out. Looks UNPROFFESOINAL.

There's nothing wrong with it being connected to the U18, U16, etc sites but I agree it is awful. It is the only website that sometimes crashes Safari on my computer. I don't know how wrote the site but it is really bad. It doesn't even fit in my browser window. It's way too wide. The news updates are also awful too and most times lacking grammatical skills.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010

Everyone's been crying about it for about a year now. Don't get why anything hasn't been done. Even the EJHL had a better website.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Pirates adding trio of Shattuck kids who combined for more than 120 points last year. Forwards, will be interesting...

MiracleOnSkates

Jan 12, 2014
Pirates adding trio of Shattuck kids who combined for more than 120 points last year. Forwards, will be interesting...

Any knowledge on them? I myself know nothing of them, so would like to know, if possible. Seen any of them play before? Are they big players, or speedy? Sounds interesting to me, would like to see how they do.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Any knowledge on them? I myself know nothing of them, so would like to know, if possible. Seen any of them play before? Are they big players, or speedy? Sounds interesting to me, would like to see how they do.

Canepa, O'Neill and Kashan. Played on the NLHL team which I don't believe is the top team.

Dec 13, 2010
Rumors that Beau Starrett is coming back to play out his last season of junior eligibility at South Shore. SSK has made some big moves this offseason and if they can bring back Starrett they will be a dangerous dangerous team. Maybe the feeling all-around is that since he'll obviously get more ice time in South Shore it's worth keeping him there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad