USPHL 2014-15 Season Thread

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Didn't necessarily mean you. But people have been saying I'm not covering the 'B' Division or Empire in general as in depth as I should. I'm guessing those people are parents.

Ah I see. On that topic, it's sad how watered down those leagues have become.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Ah I see. On that topic, it's sad how watered down those leagues have become.

I agree. I think they Empire would have ceased to exist if it wasn't for the USPHL absorbing it and having it be under the USPHL Banner. But you never know, more kids are playing junior hockey every year and they need spots. Empire is a good spot for some.

MiracleOnSkates

Jan 12, 2014

Ehhhh. Don't necessarily agree with some of the honorable mentions. Ryan Begoon didn't really "wow" me in any type of way last year. I think #19 on the Connecticut Jr. Rangers definitely outclassed him. Out of all the games I've gone to, he's only went negative maybe once. He made quick, hard passes, and was such a good skater. It's not uncommon for him to go end to end and start a good breakout in the offensive zone, plus he rarely got caught. As said before, definitely believe that #19 in D1 Caliber.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Ehhhh. Don't necessarily agree with some of the honorable mentions. Ryan Begoon didn't really "wow" me in any type of way last year. I think #19 on the Connecticut Jr. Rangers definitely outclassed him. Out of all the games I've gone to, he's only went negative maybe once. He made quick, hard passes, and was such a good skater. It's not uncommon for him to go end to end and start a good breakout in the offensive zone, plus he rarely got caught. As said before, definitely believe that #19 in D1 Caliber.

Begoon is a great player. Deserves to be there. Has decent size too. Not overly flashy but steady two way dman.

Surprised not to see Trento at 1 but the two above him aren't bad choices.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia's Ryan Badger has de-committed from Maine. He was supposed to attend the school this fall. Apparently, he's hoping to still go to another Hockey East school. He will play for the Flyers again this fall in the USPHL. He's a '94.

Solid player, probably could go to any school he wants.

MiracleOnSkates

Jan 12, 2014
Philadelphia's Ryan Badger has de-committed from Maine. He was supposed to attend the school this fall. Apparently, he's hoping to still go to another Hockey East school. He will play for the Flyers again this fall in the USPHL. He's a '94.

Hmm.. Wonder why he de-committed. Money? Didn't think he had good enough grades? Really weird tbh.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010

Solid player, probably could go to any school he wants.[/QUOTE

Believe he has been decommitted for a while. Didn't Maine recently go through a coaching change? They like big tall players. Think they decommitted him.

Dec 13, 2010

Believe he has been decommitted for a while. Didn't Maine recently go through a coaching change? They like big tall players. Think they decommitted him.

Likely has to do with the coaching change. Ryan Cloonan (BJB) de-committed after the coaching change too.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Really looking forward to these previews JB. Awesome job.

In a tough situation. I want consistent content throughout the summer but for the first couple of previews, we don't know the schedule or roster so there isn't a lot to "preview." Bruins one next week will be more in depth, however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad