Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
the "the world reacts to Landon Donovan's goal" vids are pretty cringe too

the world doesn't care about US Soccer

same with any US sport and fan reactions labeling "the world" "the world reacts to US Football guy throwing a key TD" like wtf

THE WORLD DOESN'T CARE

US World Cup reaction videos piss me off. Those people in those videos don't give a shit about soccer for 3 years and 11 months, but they're soccer diehards once that World Cup rolls around.

I played organized soccer from as young as I can remember up until my parents wouldn't let me quit in high school, which is probably why I have such disdain for it and people pretending to like it

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
The guy used the Rudy music in his World reacts to Donovan goal

hmm

i may reconsider my stance

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Reaction videos are dumb, but the real problem is when you're searching for something and the actual result is hidden by those shitty reaction videos.

I assume most of their views are from people misclicking

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Reaction videos are dumb, but the real problem is when you're searching for something and the actual result is hidden by those shitty reaction videos
exactly

I was looking for specific American Dad scenes and those reaction videos kept showing up

I just wanted to see Principal Lewis at the PTA bake sale

"I apologize for my behavior, I'm on medication and I'm not supposed to mix medication with 20 shots of tequilla."

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
exactly

I was looking for specific American Dad scenes and those reaction videos kept showing up

I just wanted to see Principal Lewis at the PTA bake sale

"I apologize for my behavior, I'm on medication and I'm not supposed to mix medication with 20 shots of tequilla."

That might also be a DMCA thing, where the actual clips are being automatically flagged and taken down, while the reaction videos are such shit quality that the system doesn't flag them

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
US World Cup reaction videos piss me off. Those people in those videos don't give a shit about soccer for 3 years and 11 months, but they're soccer diehards once that World Cup rolls around.

I played organized soccer from as young as I can remember up until my parents wouldn't let me quit in high school, which is probably why I have such disdain for it and people pretending to like it

As a child I quit my organised soccer team in spectacular fashion when I was about 12 or 13

We had just returned from the off-season and our coaches wanted us to go onto the men's first team pitch (home to Welsh Premier League side Penybont FC) and pick up all the drainage stones which had been scattered there over the summer

I had already been disillusioned with the team for some time so I proudly declared to the coaches in front of everyone "I'm not paying my dues to pick up stones" and stormed off and walked home :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
Also Youtube likes to sneak in recommended videos with search results so you could be looking for something like GoT on Youtube and get like 3 unrelated videos based on your search history

GOT

GOT

GOT

GOT

Random Kpop video

Apink

Sejeong

GOT

GOT

GOT

GOT

wtf?

Sep 19, 2008
As a child I quit my organised soccer team in spectacular fashion when I was about 12 or 13

We had just returned from the off-season and our coaches wanted us to go onto the men's first team pitch (home to Welsh Premier League side Penybont FC) and pick up all the drainage stones which had been scattered there over the summer

I had already been disillusioned with the team for some time so I proudly declared to the coaches in front of everyone "I'm not paying my dues to pick up stones" and stormed off and walked home :laugh:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

It was joining the soccer team freshmen year of high school that made me outright hate soccer. Everyone on the team was really shitty to me and I still don't know why. Even the guys that were my friends since grade school became massive assholes to me.

Maybe I'm just searching for an excuse to protect my ego, but my sister was two years ahead of me and a massive bitch, so I assume it was some kind of payback for her being a raging c-word all the time.

I still remember being on the bus back from a game and one of the upperclassmen pointedly yelled "I'm going on a date with Sega Dreamcast's sister tonight", to which everyone starts laughing and acting like a fight is about to happen.

To this day, I don't understand how that's supposed to be insulting. Why would I give a single shit who my older sister is dating?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
sports lol

i skated for the first time on ice a few years ago. the ice is so damn wet not sure how you all can stay upright

if you saw snaps of it it would just be me moving a few feet and slipping down every 5 seconds :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
They usually let fans on the ice once a year for a skate on the Caps ice and I never do it because

- I don't have skates

- I can't skate

Sep 19, 2008
on ice

iu

Sep 19, 2008
It was joining the soccer team freshmen year of high school that made me outright hate soccer. Everyone on the team was really shitty to me and I still don't know why. Even the guys that were my friends since grade school became massive assholes to me.

Maybe I'm just searching for an excuse to protect my ego, but my sister was two years ahead of me and a massive bitch, so I assume it was some kind of payback for her being a raging c-word all the time.

I still remember being on the bus back from a game and one of the upperclassmen pointedly yelled "I'm going on a date with Sega Dreamcast's sister tonight", to which everyone starts laughing and acting like a fight is about to happen.

To this day, I don't understand how that's supposed to be insulting. Why would I give a single shit who my older sister is dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad