Friedman: Uptick on Edler calls

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Glass body rental past his best by date no matter what used car salesman spin you use. Dude continues to be one of the hilariously overvalued players by a hf fanbase .

By his fanbase ?

Lmao did you even read the thread title ??

GMs are the ones calling the Canucks.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Glass body rental past his best by date no matter what used car salesman spin you use. Dude continues to be one of the hilariously overvalued players by a hf fanbase .
Lmao you’re posts are extremely laughable. Past his best by date? Someone doesn’t know what their talking about. Edler has been at the prime of his career lately in terms of all around defense. He’s our #1 and a top 4 dman on almost every single team in the league. There’s no “used car salesman tactics”. Poster have zero influence on actual trades. We’re just giving out the facts. Edler is a top four verteran dman and easily nets a first. You’re a red wings fan anyway your team won’t be interested in him so move along.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Highly doubt edler gets moved. As long as they are in a playoff race.

Even if the Canucks told him they have no interest in re signing. I still don’t think he would waive this year
If Edler does leave Vancouver I doubt he’d want to move twice. If he has to leave it will be in the off-season. I think he’s willing to go to ufa in July based on his body of work in Vancouver.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Unless he can prove he can stay healthy, he's def not worth much more than that!

Not a single team will hand out a 1st for a d-man who's going to play 1 game out of 2 due ton injuries

For a playoff run in a year when there isn’t a lot of D available ( seems to be all fwds ) Edler gets a 1st at the deadline, easily

Boyle got a 2nd and there seem to be boatloads of fwds available

That said, he’s out and he has a NTC so I don’t expect he’ll be moved

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
For a playoff run in a year when there isn’t a lot of D available ( seems to be all fwds ) Edler gets a 1st at the deadline, easily

Boyle got a 2nd and there seem to be boatloads of fwds available

That said, he’s out and he has a NTC so I don’t expect he’ll be moved

Teams will gor for Fowler if they have to let go a 1st round pick.

NOT Alex Edler

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Teams will gor for Fowler if they have to let go a 1st round pick.

NOT Alex Edler
Yeah teams will also go for Alex Pietrangelo if they have to let go a first round pick. Doesn’t mean they’re available. Oh, and Cam Fowler nets a hellava lot more than a 1st round pick. Contenders want rentals. Brian ***** Boyle got a 2nd round pick. If you don’t think a top 4 dman gets a 1st I don’t know what else to tell you.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Last time I checked, Edler is skating with the team and could play tonight.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Ok, so if Fowler is traded, do the other teams all pack their bags and go home?

I’d rather have Fowler too but he goes for a 1st +
And i'd rather give a 1st + for Fowler than give a 1st for a guy that will prob play 15games for me (considering he'll be injured for the 15 others)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
He would be a great fit for Tampa Winnepeg .

I don't think any of the pretender teams like Mtl or western wild card teams will go for him. It will cost too much only to get spanked in 1st rnd.

As for acceptable return. Bprospect plus 1st rnd pick ...but would settle for 2nd rnd pick and prospect as well . Then hope he signs back in summer

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I can't see him moving for picks. Benning is so adamant about getting NHL ready players back and making hockey deals. I also see no chance that he agrees to waive. I don't even want to speculate because it is not going to happen.

Or......is it?

Fack Lebrun....I hate you.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
And i'd rather give a 1st + for Fowler than give a 1st for a guy that will prob play 15games for me (considering he'll be injured for the 15 others)

That’s cool for you. . . Doesn’t change the value of a top 4 d to a playoff team at the deadline tho, in a year where there don’t seem to be a lot of good d available

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Edler has been getting better not worse in the past few years, this year hes been our best Dman, and has continued a strong trend.

Edler will get a 1st plus, if HE decides to go

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Lmao nobody tell this guy how many games Fowler has missed this year because of injury or the last time Folwer played 82 games... lol. Hint 2011
And he's still younger, and better, than Edler, AND has term on his conttracr which means you can keep that said top4 D-man for MORE than 15 games! (prob the amount of game Edler is going to play before getting ijured, again...)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
And he's still younger, and better, than Edler, AND has term on his conttracr which means you can keep that said top4 D-man for MORE than 15 games! (prob the amount of game Edler is going to play before getting ijured, again...)

There's more than 1 team needing a Dman .

And there's teams that wont want to pay the ransom for Fowler.

Does not change the value on Edler especially when multiple GMs are showing interest.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Edler would be a good pickup for any team. Still with the Canucks still in contention for a playoff spot I doubt they move him.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
There's more than 1 team needing a Dman .

And there's teams that wont want to pay the ransom for Fowler.

Does not change the value on Edler especially when multiple GMs are showing interest.

Edler can also chose where he wants to go

THEREFORE, decreasing his value cause he may ask a trade to ONE team only (say TBL)

Therefore, KNOWING he'll only accept a deal to TB, WHY would TB give a 1st round pick for him? To pelase Bennign and the Nucks fans? Not happening.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa

Say what?

You want him cheaply. And by the amount of posts, you want him badly. You did write something stupid and like our GM, you decide to double down on it. Better watch some hockey, and try to appear a little more sharp than you did.

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad