IIHF World Championships 2024

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leo needs to go home, get 100% healthy, and work to start putting on the 15-20# of solid muscle his frame needs to be an effective NHL player. No pointless exhibition tournament please.
Agreed…. And would prob throw mctavish on the same boat.

Zegras I don’t mind playing, as he missed a lot of hockey and the tournament can help build on the confidence gained the last stretch

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Agreed…. And would prob throw mctavish on the same boat.

Zegras I don’t mind playing, as he missed a lot of hockey and the tournament can help build on the confidence gained the last stretch
Yeah, it’ll be good for Zegras to get some games in. I’m not sure that McTavish was truly healthy the entire year, he needs to get his body sorted out so chronic injuries don’t derail his entire career.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leo needs to go home, get 100% healthy, and work to start putting on the 15-20# of solid muscle his frame needs to be an effective NHL player. No pointless exhibition tournament please.

IMG_6030.gif

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
No offense, but most Europeans don’t see it as a pointless exhibition tourney - and I’m not just referring to fans. Players would love to be participate far more often if it wasn’t for external factors (specifically costs for insurance for players under heavier contracts). That said - if Leo doesn’t feel like he’s 100%, he should get the rest he needs, heel up and work towards his preseason later in the summer. If he feels genuinely fine, playing at that level is a bonus, so we’ll take it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
No offense, but most Europeans don’t see it as a pointless exhibition tourney - and I’m not just referring to fans. Players would love to be participate far more often if it wasn’t for external factors (specifically costs for insurance for players under heavier contracts). That said - if Leo doesn’t feel like he’s 100%, he should get the rest he needs, heel up and work towards his preseason later in the summer. If he feels genuinely fine, playing at that level is a bonus, so we’ll take it.
I understand that, but in the grand scheme of things, there’s nothing special about this year’s WC. In the grand scheme of his career, he absolutely needs to put on as much muscle as possible, and those weeks would be better spent in a gym if healthy, or resting if not. There’s essentially a 100% chance he will be able to go next year.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Do they sell WC jerseys? I would love a Zegras one

Z is going with #9 according to their preliminary roster (Luke Kunin got #11). You're welcome.

Reactions: lwvs84

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Is the U-18 talk also goes in here?
I think so.

Connelly having a big start today(1 g, 1a)…. Up to 5 pts in 3 games.

He’s going to be interesting at the draft as he’s prob a top 10 talent…. But could still be on the board in the late 1st

Reactions: Kalv

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Whats the word on Leo? Is he coming to WC?
I don't think he is. Seen around the internet, including from Leo's own mouth, that he's going to spend the summer at home in Sweden to spend time with family (including family he hasn't seen in a long time) and work out to get more fit and strong for next year.

The kid seemed to have a tough time with the NHL schedule early in his career so I imagine he's not craving more hockey games right now. It's better for him to get some R and R and focus on his off-season fitness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad