Friedman: Uptick on Edler calls

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Say what?

You want him cheaply. And by the amount of posts, you want him badly. You did write something stupid and like our GM, you decide to double down on it. Better watch some hockey, and try to appear a little more sharp than you did.

I do not want him badly if the asking price is a 1st round pick.

And I stand by my words, Fowler IS a betetr d-man than Edler. Not because one player is playing in a dumpster team on fire that he's necessarly a worst player.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Edler can also chose where he wants to go

THEREFORE, decreasing his value cause he may ask a trade to ONE team only (say TBL)

Therefore, KNOWING he'll only accept a deal to TB, WHY would TB give a 1st round pick for him? To pelase Bennign and the Nucks fans? Not happening.
Lol wut? Players still have value. Why did the rangers trade a 1st for Marty st.louis? It was well documented he wanted out of Tampa and would only accept a trade to the rangers. Why would Anaheim trade a 1st for kesler? He wanted out and had 2 teams on his list. Why did Pittsburgh trade a 1st for iginla? Iggy had 2 teams on his list, Calgary worked out a deal with the other team (Boston) and iggy then said no actually I only want to go Pittsburgh.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

THEREFORE, decreasing his value cause he may ask a trade to ONE team only (say TBL)

Therefore, KNOWING he'll only accept a deal to TB, WHY would TB give a 1st round pick for him? To pelase Bennign and the Nucks fans? Not happening.
Just stop. Please. You haven’t the slightest clue what you’re talking about on Edler

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

And I stand by my words, Fowler IS a betetr d-man than Edler. Not because one player is playing in a dumpster team on fire that he's necessarly a worst player.
Yeah because Edler is playing for one of the best teams in the NHL. Lmao dude

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

Because we can keep him if the offer isn’t good enough? :laugh:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Because we can keep him if the offer isn’t good enough? :laugh:
And nobody would really care. It's not like you have some high impact player that teams are going to fight over. He's a cheap rental depth piece for a contender. You should be doing back flips if you get a free second.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so edler is moving while he's concussed and after saying clearly he would not waive for three years and after the canucks said within the last month he's not moving?

i can just see edler's response to a call "not this tdl, i have a headache".

Reactions: bh53

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
And nobody would really care. It's not like you have some high impact player that teams are going to fight over. He's a cheap rental depth piece for a contender. You should be doing back flips if you get a free second.
Lmao and once again it looks like you care. Please let me know what Defenseman “Cheap rental depth piece” plays almost 25 mins a night against other teams top lines and still has 20 points in 38 games on one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL. Brian **** Boyle got a 2nd but yeah we should be doing backflips if our #1 dman gets a 2nd. You’re CLUELESS.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Of course teams are calling. Edler is a freaking stud and is having one of his best seasons as a Canuck until this freak injury.

He's back skating and it was his face not his body so he will be back up to speed swiftly.

Any team needing a top4 LD would be stupid not to put a 1st on the table if they need this position locked down. probably a pure rental but he's pretty loyal and quiet so if he likes the group there is a decent chance he stays.

He's 32 now but in the past he was a great playoff warrior, he loves to flatten guys and is smart huge and mobile and if concerned he looks as good as ever this year....i havent noticed any drop off yet.

I honestly dont care if he stays or goes because i can see rational for both and ultimately he has a NMC but anyone that runs this player down is completely out to lunch on evaluating hockey players.

Interesting to see what happens

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Edler in the playoffs is great because it's like his brain snaps and he just wants to kill people.

Kind of bad for your team as he takes some dumb penalties, but he's entertaining as hell to watch.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Edler in the playoffs is great because it's like his brain snaps and he just wants to kill people.

Kind of bad for your team as he takes some dumb penalties, but he's entertaining as hell to watch.

the 2010 series vs LA was like a switch turned on in his brain

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
No first, no interest. He's our number one, and honestly it doesn't matter if you use him to serve beer for your club, we are giving up our top D who wants to be here, so the offer has to entice Vancouver. We traded a 2nd and McCann for Gudbranson, and he's awful, so getting the same return for Edler makes no sense. Too high a price? Great, take Pouliot instead.

Then the NMC comes into play, and "cup run" and all the usual buzzwords don't land with Edler, he's stated he'd rather stay in Vancouver. Apparently it's a nice place to live and raise a family or something.

We can retain if the offer is right, but he's already reasonably priced.

We need high calibre D and wing prospects, high (1st round) picks and young left wing, top six players.

Rypien37

Aug 20, 2013
Not sure why this is even a story lol.
Edler will not waive. We have been talking for like 4 years now about him getting traded. He has a NTC and he will not accept a trade anywhere. He wants to be in Vancouver and only Vancouver because this is where his wife is from, his kids were born here and he just loves it here.
It's rare to find that much loyalty in pro sports yet all we do is talk about trading him. Hes a good d man and can help mentor the young d coming up!

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa

You do, otherwise you would have drop the matter instantly.

Canucks are a even more dumpster team on fire than the Ducks so... need to move the goalposts again?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure why this is even a story lol.
Edler will not waive. We have been talking for like 4 years now about him getting traded. He has a NTC and he will not accept a trade anywhere. He wants to be in Vancouver and only Vancouver because this is where his wife is from, his kids were born here and he just loves it here.
It's rare to find that much loyalty in pro sports yet all we do is talk about trading him. Hes a good d man and can help mentor the young d coming up!
That’s likely how it plays out. But teams are doing their due diligence checking in on the Canucks to see if anything has changed.

For the Canucks they have to hold firm on term. 2 years max. Cap hit not the biggest concern. Rather pay him a higher cap hit for 2 years with the understanding they they could sign an extension for a 3rd year if he’s still going strong at 35, after the Seattle ED. If he wants 3 years they have to walk away.

Keith, who has been healthy throughout his career, but a lot more miles in him and a better skater is slowing down at age 35, which I heard recently that he was the 8th oldest Dman in the league. So there’s like 2 dman per division that is older than Keith. So, no need to sign Edler past 2 years given that it’s a young mans game now.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
You could Yeah!

That's poor assets management tho!
How do? The Canucks have 1 legit defenceman prospect and a bunch of maybes. If anything if they don’t keep Edler they’re a worse team next year. He’s a Top30 TOI defenceman! He plays every situation and is a counted on leader! He still by far their best defenceman. If anything, not keeping Edler is bad asset management.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
“Holland wants a first for Howard”
“Holland wants a first for Nyquist”
“Vancouver wants a first for Edler” Detroit fans then proceeds to LOL glass man! Interesting

What do you want for mike green?
At least someone finally said it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->