Friedman: Uptick on Edler calls

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
New story on The Athletic, not allowed to post to here to bypass pay wall, so go take a look.

Basically there’s been a big uptick in the calls for Edler.

It’s getting the media in Vancouver into pretty big frenzy

Edit: wops used wrong tag, can a mod update ty

Last edited:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Edler could be a solution for the Habs if the price is right...

What are Nucks fans looking for?

2nd pick + B prospect like Tyzcka, Fleury, McShane
?

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I would be shocked if an oft injured Dman with a no trade clause he has stated he won't sway from got traded. Not sure why this keeps coming up...

He is always injured - who would risk assets on a player with a 50% chance won't be on your roster?
He got a no trade clause for a reason - Edler seems to have no interest in going to a new city for a chance at a cup.

Don't bother responding to this post if you disagree. :)

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Edler has said time and time again he will not waive his NTC. As much as fans would love to get something for him and then give him a 1-2 year deal in the offseason, it would take a miracle for him to waive.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
I would be shocked if an oft injured Dman with a no trade clause he has stated he won't sway from got traded. Not sure why this keeps coming up...

He is always injured - who would risk assets on a player with a 50% chance won't be on your roster?
He got a no trade clause for a reason - Edler seems to have no interest in going to a new city for a chance at a cup.

Don't bother responding to this post if you disagree. :)
I disagree, here is my response.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Highly unlikely this happens, especially since he's still out with a concussion.

Both sides have shown interest in Edler staying in Vancouver in a mentor/shelter role.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Typical Habs fan junk

Unless he can prove he can stay healthy, he's def not worth much more than that!

Not a single team will hand out a 1st for a d-man who's going to play 1 game out of 2 due ton injuries

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Highly doubt edler gets moved. As long as they are in a playoff race.

Even if the Canucks told him they have no interest in re signing. I still don’t think he would waive this year

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

?

We could probably find something better than that. Doubt there's a match here (and he won't waive anyways).

Most appealing thing from the Habs system is Brook but no way in hell you guys take that.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

?

He's our best Dman and we take 2 steps back if we trade him.

If the offers fair or not are at best what you proposed then we hang on to him and sign him long term to usher in and stabilize our upcoming D core of Hughes Woo Juolevi

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
We could probably find something better than that. Doubt there's a match here (and he won't waive anyways).

Most appealing thing from the Habs system is Brook but no way in hell you guys take that.
For sure

I do not see a team handing away their top prospects for a guy like Edler.

Hence why the trade, if traded, would possibly consist of picks and B prospects (not a 1st tho IMO, see the Petry trade)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The article is here

- It's from LeBrun, not Friedman
- Says calls have started to come in a "little more frequently"
- Canucks and Edler still talking extension. Ultimately up to Edler to decide if he wants to waive his NTC if Benning gets an offer he'd be willing to accept

Reactions: biturbo19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad