Injury Report: Updates in Post #1: Crosby (jaw) | Martin (hand) | Neal (concussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'll trade the Art Ross for a Conn Smythe any day.

I think Sid has other trophies on his mind.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Malkin has probably had this nagging injury since he came back. maybe with a cushion and the basic no thr game til wednesday, they are just resting him....

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
That is the official word, yep.

Was reported that he would be playing tonight no doubt if this were the playoffs.

Well that's good to see, just got out of the movies and wasn't checking the score, but saw the headline on NHL about the injury and about freaked out. The only thing that matters the next 6 games is getting everyone healthy.

Hopefully Paul Martin isn't too far off himself.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Rest him. Let him get healthy. I want our Malkin to be fully armed and operational for the playoffs.

Our next four games are these.

Habs
Bruins
Sabres
Sens

I don't think Habs would try anything, but Bruins/Sens (for Karlsson) might do something. After that it's just Devils/Canes. I say rest Malkin untill the Devils game, would mean he'd have a few weeks off.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
Did Niskanen get hurt tonight? Only 15 mins?

No, Letang coming back means he gets his minutes cut significantly. After Letang (and Martin when he's back), the rest of the D doesn't really crunch too many minutes, and time is spread out pretty equally between thrm.

Hey leafs fan here. Any chance for neal playing this week?? Need to know for my yahoo fantasy team

I'll be nice. We haven't had any updates. Wouldn't count on it.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia

Put him on LTIR till he retires.

tumblr_me3vm1DRDm1qhszhwo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Wasn't on really yesterday but sunburn, really?:laugh:

He look bothered again in the Tampa game after a couple of big hits, shoulder IMO. Just rest Geno and come back with a vengeance

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Just a quick question. Are you guys not worried with the approach of "just come back to dominate in the playoffs"?

You can't just turn on a switch. I think most players would benefit from some playing time in the last 3-5 regular season games, so you are sharp for the playoffs.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Just a quick question. Are you guys not worried with the approach of "just come back to dominate in the playoffs"?

You can't just turn on a switch. I think most players would benefit from some playing time in the last 3-5 regular season games, so you are sharp for the playoffs.

what can we do about it?

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013

If your choices are between playing injured right now in order to try to get into a groove for the playoffs, or getting healthy for the playoffs, I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad